Equip a weapon/armor using JS

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been searching for days and have found many threads dealing with looking to see if a particular was equipped, or if a particular weapon is equipped then do this else do that, but there is only one thread I can find that deals with the simple equip this weapon.

This method coincides exactly with the RMMV Script Calls - Google Sheet (see row 55).

But I can't get it to work. My experience with JS is so-o-o-o- newbie... Here is what I have

1589723337974.png

Do I not have it properly written in 'Script' or should I have it written elsewhere / in another fashion? Thank you.

Last edited:

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your script call $gameActors.actor(1).changeEquip(0, 5) it should be $gameActors.actor(1).changeEquip(0, $dataWeapons[5]) instead.

Or since you're using variable 3 to store of the value of the weapon id, you can also use $gameActors.actor(1).changeEquip(0, $dataWeapons[$gameVariables.value(3)]) if you want to refer to the weapon id by variable number instead.

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my word! I thought I had tried the $dataWeapons[5] and since that didn't work (maybe a typo on my end?), I chose to forego the variable and go straight to the literal. I am grateful to you for sending me back to $dataWeapons[5], and even moreso for showing me how to use a stored variable to re-equip. It's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much.

@SeaPhoenix As an aside, I just bought/downloaded The Lost Art of Innkeeping last night and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ops! Sorry, someone already answers that ^^''
----
Hi there!
Yeah, these script calls are not so intuitive to use. I'm already making a plugin that simplifies that.

But the correct script call for you to use is that one:
$gameActors.actor(1).changeEquip(0, $dataWeapons[1])

you have to use $dataWeapons[ID] or $dataArmors[ID] etc..

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks to you, Eliaquim, as well. I did go back to the Google doc sheet and saw that I had completely missed the instruction to use $dataWeapons(x) and not just x as item. One more tiny step in the learning curve for me....

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad that worked, @Lady_JJ! Thanks for letting me know too that you bought the game... I hope you enjoy it! :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

okay, i experimented with some more fonts, let me know if theyre easier to read and if you have a preference!

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!
Not more Goblins but variations of the Irish Merrow this time...

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatlift