recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using RPG Maker MV. I got Yanfly's Equip Battle Skills plugin to "work." It can be found here.

When I equip a skill from a blank slot there's no problem. The problem is when I equip a skill after every slot is already being used. I choose the slot with the skill I want to replace. I choose the new skill I want to use. The new skill is used. However, the skill that is replaced is often not the one I chose to replace.

The spoiler below shows my plugin list and screen shots that show what I am talking about. I chose the skill slot that was using "Researcher." I chose to equip "Resilience." However, "Researcher" is still equipped and "Energetic" was unequipped. (Resilience was actually misspelled and will be fixed.)

Is there a way to get to choose the skill that is unequipped properly? I would think choosing the slot with it equipped would work the more intuitive way. You can get Yanfly's plugin to work if you play around with your equipped skills for a couple minutes, or unequip everything first, but that is not acceptable. A trait equip function is a standard in RPGs, but I am thinking about throwing it out of the game because the plugin does not seem good enough -- assuming it is even working properly to begin with.

I am using it to equip passive traits similar to Final Fantasy 5, Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, etc.

plugins_11-27-2021.png
skillequip1.jpg
skillequip2.jpg
skillequip3.jpg

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's weird...I don't experience such a phenomenon in my project, hmm...

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's weird...I don't experience such a phenomenon in my project, hmm...
That gives me hope that a solution can be found then. Glad it's not just how the plugin is supposed to function.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I can't duplicate that. I know you included pictures of your plugin manager, but that's an awful lot of plugins for me to look through for you - make sure they are in the order listed on the YEP Web site.

Then make sure they are all updated to their current version, and your MV and project file are updated to 1.6.2.

If you check all of that and it's still acting the same way, turn of all plugins except the skill equip and see how it behaves.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I can't duplicate that. I know you included pictures of your plugin manager, but that's an awful lot of plugins for me to look through for you - make sure they are in the order listed on the YEP Web site.

Then make sure they are all updated to their current version, and your MV and project file are updated to 1.6.2.

If you check all of that and it's still acting the same way, turn of all plugins except the skill equip and see how it behaves.

My MV is the latest version. The plugins are from August and after. I checked the relevant plugins and they are up to date. Is there a way to check what plugins were recently updated?

How long have you used the plugin for? I have been using them starting in August and everything should be the latest version starting at that point or later.

I try to make sure the plugins are in the right order, but it is hard to know for sure with some of them. I used Yanfly's list for those ones at least.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, and what happened when you turned off everything that wasn't the equip skills? That's the clear next step...if it doesn't happen in a new project with just that plugin, make sure it also doesn't happen in your project with just that plugin.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, and what happened when you turned off everything that wasn't the equip skills? That's the clear next step...if it doesn't happen in a new project with just that plugin, make sure it also doesn't happen in your project with just that plugin.
Good point. It does seem to work when I do that, so I guess there is a plugin incompatibility. Most of the non-Yanfly plugins are very important (and more likely to be the incompatible element), so I might have to give up on the skill equip plugin.

I might check to see if it is one of Ramza's because they might have a fix, though.

Last edited:

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested some of the plugin compatibility and Ramza's plugins are compatible with the Equip Battle Skills Plugin. I'm tempted to just give up on trying to use it at this point. Mere passive state skills can do most of what is needed anyway.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It shouldn't take that long to turn the rest of your plugins back on one at a time until you find the one causing the problem. When you do, it's a very good chance that just swapping their placement in the plugin manager will fix it.

It seems to me that it's probably worth at least trying before you give up, but that's up to you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)
Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png
Check out my MZ thread for 2 new waterplant edits and my MZVind water autotiles now without ground/cliffs, so you can put them on your own ground-tiles. Have fun!
It's for side-extra content. :kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvezeno