nightcraw240

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyas!

I've been looking around, but have been having trouble finding an answer online.

I use a different set of stats (6) than MV uses
(Strength, Defense, etc), and unfortunately, MV's main stats show up in the equip menu.

Is there any way to either hide these stats entirely or replace them with a variable that represents one of my own stats?

I'm really inexperienced when it comes to scripting, but any information (scripting, plugins, etc.) would be incredibly helpful and appreciated, thank you!

Edit: I should clarify, I still want the option for players to equip items, so I still need the menu at its core.

Edit 2 : SOLVED

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Changing the menu will require a plugin.

nightcraw240

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, my apologies; thank you for the kind-willed guidance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why don't you just rename them?
rename attack as strength and so on, and set their values in the database to what you want them to have.
if the original values aren't used othervise that should be enough.

Pandappuccino

Depressed Panda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seconding Andar. If the equivalent stats are essentially the same, you could feasibly just rename the stats in the database, unless they have significant differences from the default.

nightcraw240

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the suggestions; I have tried that however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My stats need to go into the negatives, which has a meaningful impact on the game; in classic MV, I can't take those stats below 1.

And then secondly, items in this game increase the six core stats, rarely, and a group of other skills, frequently; the skills (variables) are displayed though another menu option via a plugin (YepsActorVariables). Having such a disconnect in the equip menu feels clunky; a player might reasonably question why the six core stats are shown/important when the frequency of improving them is hardly transpiring compared to the other skills the player will be improving (shown in another window) much more frequently with items.

It should also be noted, I have my six main stats tied into variables that are displayed via YepsActorVariables (for any who don't know; it's basically an extra menu option to display variables), which makes them arbitrarily shown multiple times throughout the menu options. I could very well remove my six stats from the YepActorVariable's menu, but the stats tie directly into the skills, which makes it valuable to have them shown next to the skills for quick reference/smooth comprehension; if I remove the variables from the YepActorVariable's menu then the info would be spread around the menu selects, which, doesn't seem like a good setup for a player to engage with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR :
1.) Need to have the six stats be negative at times; MV won't let me do it to the core stats.
2.) Items don't upgrade my six stats, they upgrade skills
(variables), which are shown in another window next to my six core stats (variables), so, I have repeated/redundant info.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you have two options only:

1) a custom plugin for replacing the status screens in the menu
in this case your info is not enough to write that plugin, because whoever does that needs to know the specific code for accessing the values you use.

2) use a plugin that replaces the current parameter data with your own formulae to remove the limitations you're currently face and make the renaming viable.
Yanfly has one such plugin, you should check that out. I don't know if it is one of the free ones or now needs to be paid for.

nightcraw240

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to find what appears to be the answer, for any who may face similar issues :

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 9th April 2021. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimetoFolly