Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Equip Skill System v1.46
by Moogle_X

Introduction
This plugin adds equip skill mechanic to all actors. Each time an actor learn a new skill, that skill will be added to his/her "Skill Pool". That actor can access all the skills in their Skill Pool and equip some of those skills into their "Skill Slots".

All actors can only use the skills equipped in their own Skill Slots.

Also, only those equipped skills will show up in their battle skill window.

Features
- Customize actor's maximum Skill Slots and Equip Limit using notetags.
- Equip skills using custom scene or plugin command.

- Increase actor's Skill Slots and Equip Limit using multiple methods (traits, equipment, item effect, plugin command).
- Make each skill has different Equip Cost.

- Make exception on some skills. Those skills doesn't need to be equip first before they can be used.

- Hide equip skill menu for certain actor/class.

- Now, this plugin supports multiple "Slot Types".

- Prevent some skills to be equipped when certain skill is already equipped.

- Now, this plugin supports "Party Based Skill Pool".

- Limit skill equip options based on class/subclass.

How to Use

Spoiler

Equip Skill System v1.4 introduces "Slot Types" functionality. Each skill is assigned to a specific Slot Type.

This will limit the Skill Slot "location" where a skill can be equipped. A skill with Slot Type 1 can only be equipped to Skill Slot with the same Slot Type.

There are 31 different Slot Types available in this plugin.

Slot Type starts from Type 0 and continue all the way to Type 30.

Type 1 to Type 30 have name and color parameters that you can customize in the plugin.

Spoiler

The space between the Slot Type's name and the Skill's name can be adjusted in "Slot Type Name Rectangle Width".

Spoiler

Type 0 is a special case. It doesn't have name and color setting. This is the default Slot Type for all skills.

Skills with Slot Type 0 will be shown differently in the Equip Skill scene.

Spoiler

Use Slot Type 0 for all skills if you don't plan to use multiple Slot Types functionality.

The rest of Actors and Skills setup can be found in the Help file. :)

Compatibility

This plugin is compatible with my Passive Skill plugin. Just position that plugin below Equip Skill System plugin.

If you use YEP_SkillLearnSystem, please install Moogle_X_EQS_SkillLearnPatch plugin (included in the rar file).

Position the patch below both Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem and YEP_SkillLearnSystem plugins.

If you use YEP_AutoPassiveStates, position this plugin below it.

UPDATE: Yanfly JP Add-On

Spoiler

A simple compatibility patch for Yanfly's Job Points plugin. This will replace actor's Equip Limit parameter with their JP total.

You must put this plugin below both "Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem" and "YEP_JobPoints".

You can get the plugin here.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

Terms of Use

Free to use in both commercial and non-commercial project as long as credit is given.

Simply credit me as "Moogle_X" in your in-game credit.

External Link

View attachment Moogle_X_EQS.rar

Last edited:

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i have few questions, is there any way to make it so you gain all of the classes "attack skills" but have to equip special skills?

Gyldstrand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Is there a way to check "If the player has Skill 5 equipped..." for conditionals?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@ MuteDay

I don't quite understand what you meant. Would you like to explain it with more details?

@Gyldstrand

I didn't write any plugin command for this sort of thing. But, you can use script call instead.

The format is like this.

$gameActors.actor(x).eqsObject().contains($dataSkills[y]);

Change x to your actor ID. Change y to the skill's ID.

For example:

Suzio Uwabami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
YES! I just asked for a script like this! Thank you so so so much! <3

EDIT: One question. Do you think, you could instead of doing the cost system, give the skills "equip types"? As an example 5 slots where normal skills can be, 3 with rare skills and 2 master skills. Or is that too much work? :) If it is, I definitely can cope with this 

Last edited by a moderator:

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@ MuteDay

I don't quite understand what you meant. Would you like to explain it with more details?

@Gyldstrand

I didn't write any plugin command for this sort of thing. But, you can use script call instead.

The format is like this.

$gameActors.actor(x).eqsObject().contains($dataSkills[y]);

Change x to your actor ID. Change y to the skill's ID.

For example:

umm have you ever played final fantasy tactics?

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Moogle_X, I was looking for something exactly like this, but thought I had to settle with Yanfly's Skill Learn System, which wasn't quite something I had wanted.

Is it possible to incorporate Yanfly's JP system to replace the Equip Cost point system or incorporate a way that Enemies give out Equip Cost point after each battle and display how much in the YEP VictoryAftermath results. That way, you can equip stronger skills from defeating Enemies as well.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MuteDay

Okay, I think I understand. What you need is a "Passive Skill" plugin which coincidentally is a plugin that I plan to write next.

Wait for it! ;)

@MikeMakes

That's a great idea. I always love Yanfly's JP system. I am going to write a compatibility patch for it that replace Equip Limit with actor's JP instead. :D

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...going to have to remember this plug-in for my next project. I'm way too invested in Yanfly's Skill-Learn system at this point to switch it up :p

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MuteDay

Okay, I think I understand. What you need is a "Passive Skill" plugin which coincidentally is a plugin that I plan to write next.

Wait for it! ;)

@MikeMakes

That's a great idea. I always love Yanfly's JP system. I am going to write a compatibility patch for it that replace Equip Limit with actor's JP instead. 
yea, although before i use this im going to wait for it to be compatable with yanfly's jp system, or may have to edit it myself

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you soooooo much for your consideration! :)

Traveling Bard

The Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@MuteDay

Wait for it! ;)
It's like you are reading my mind, sir! Thanks for this beautiful piece of work! I look forward to the Passive Skill plugin :)

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Moogle_X mind checking your messages please

S17R

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for the plugin! I can't try it now, so I have a question/request: Is it possible to set a limit on the amount of skills of one type that you can equip?

Example: An actor has 20 Slots, and can equip White, Black and Blue Magic, but of those 20, he has a limit of 5 Slots for White Magic, 5 Slots for Black Magic and 10 for Blue Magic.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MikeMakes

I just finished the compatibility patch. I really wanted to show the JP icon in the skill equip cost window. But, I realized that I put all of my window methods inside a closure, which make it impossible to overwrite it. Removing the closure will break a lot of things. My window can no longer access the plugin parameters (because it's not global).

Rewriting the whole plugin will take too much work. ;_;

You can say that this experience taught me to always put my plugin parameters inside global variable next time. > :(

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, that was fast. And it's all right about the JP icon. As long as it's displayed with the text like "JP," so players will know what it is, then it should be all fine. I'll test it out soon.

Thank you for your hard work.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MikeMakes

I just finished the compatibility patch. I really wanted to show the JP icon in the skill equip cost window. But, I realized that I put all of my window methods inside a closure, which make it impossible to overwrite it. Removing the closure will break a lot of things. My window can no longer access the plugin parameters (because it's not global).

Rewriting the whole plugin will take too much work. ;_;

You can say that this experience taught me to always put my plugin parameters inside global variable next time. > :(
ill see about doing that for you :) i have plunty of time :)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MikeMakes

I decided to rewrite the whole plugin. Now the skill window looks so much better.

Please re-download BOTH of the plugins to update them. I also added plenty of important bug fixes in latest files.

Enjoy the JP icons! :D

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MikeMakes

I decided to rewrite the whole plugin. Now the skill window looks so much better.

Please re-download BOTH of the plugins to update them. I also added plenty of important bug fixes in latest files.

Enjoy the JP icons! :D
rofl i was just about to upload what i did, but seams no longer needed :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride