Equip Skill System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Moogle_X, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Suzio Uwabami

Suzio Uwabami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm just gonna comment again, in case you didn't see the edit, also I have another suggestion: When you would put in the equip type idea, you could add a type where you can equip passive skills. So the player can equip passive skills seperately from the other skills. In my opinion, it makes everything a little more customizeable, when you have those equip types, instead of costs. So that when you're in the endgame, you can't just equip 10 very strong skills, and be OP :D

I hope this is not considered as a double post. If it is, sorry, I'm new to forums :D

2. MuteDay

MuteDay Mutation Engine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    double post is when you post more then one time in a row instead of editing the post you did 

Suzio Uwabami likes this.
  3. Sol Rising

Sol Rising Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    this is a awesome plugin, one question i have while I'm adjusting the skills equipped. I think it was mentioned before but I don't believe it was answered. I have a skill type called Alchemy (basically allowing the actor to craft via Unconnect's ammo plugin EX) but I don't think it would make sense for the actor to have to learn the skill and then equip the skill and then craft the one item and then remove the skill off equip, for another skill to craft etc. Is it possible to allow the skill type "Alchemy" to not be equitable?  One way I learned is to have the actor learn the skill in their trait, which is fine... however to do this would basically allowing them access to every craft at level one... or add each skill manually through the game's progressions via commands default commands in rpg maker (which would... take way to long for the amount of items that can be crafted).

Is there a way to make it so all skills under Alchemy can be learned via Yanfly's JP/Skill learn system and for it not to be needing to be equipped to be used?

4. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Moogle_X 

You're awesome! :rock-right:   

Yeah, when you compared the newer version to the old one with the JP compatibility, there is a significant difference. Now everything looks so much more consistent. I really appreciate it that you went the extra mile for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  5. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @ Sol Rising

I updated the plugin with new feature. You can now put <EQS Ignore> notetag inside skill's notebox. Any skills with that notetag will not be affected by "must be equip first" rule. You can use it freely without the need to equip it first. Also, that skill will not show up inside Skill Pool window.

If you are using Yanfly's Learn Skill plugin, please position my Equip Skill plugin below that plugin. I noticed some minor visual bug and put some little compatibility patch to fix the issue. The patch can only work if Yanfly's plugin is positioned higher than this plugin.

Sol Rising likes this.
  6. Sol Rising

First Language:
    English
    you are the man! everything is working very nicely!!

7. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I finished my Passive Skill plugin. You can use it together with this plugin or as stand alone. If you use it together, please place this Equip Skill System plugin above Passive Skill plugin.

You can get the plugin here.

S17R likes this.
  8. Drackomordain

Drackomordain Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have to agree with lilli666, having the option to tag skills with different tiers (Adventurer, Master, Legendary) would allow for a lot better game balancing options. That being said, this plugin is going to be a core feature in my project, it pretty much answers all my game balance issues in a concise and customizable way. Hats off to you

9. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think I can implement the skill tiers idea. My only issue with that is windows HUD. Obviously, there will be the need to alter the equip list window to show skill tiers, probably like this:

<Insert Tier Name Here>

Slot 1

Slot 2

Slot 3

<Insert Tier Name 2 Here>

Slot 1

Slot 2

Slot 10

Or maybe people have better idea?? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  10. Suzio Uwabami

First Language:
    English
    I would do it like that: 

The slots could have other icons infront of them. Or just try to copy the equip scene? Like;

Normal: "Skill"

Normal: "Skill 2"

Advanced: "Skill 3"

Or with the icon

Red Icon: "Normal Skill"

Blue Icon: "Advanced Skill"

Yellow: "Master Skill"

Or another idea is to give the empty text another color, like;

Skill: Empty

Skill: Empty

​Skill: Empty

​Skill: Empty

I hope this helps :)  

11. Drackomordain

Drackomordain Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I like the color coding idea, but either a icon or title system if you don't want to frustrate colorblind players. It even, a "*" rating.. "**", "***" etc

12. Suzio Uwabami

First Language:
    English
    Yea. stars would be cool too. And yea, didn't thought about colorblind players, very thoughtful of you :)  

13. CyndaBytes

CyndaBytes Creator and Destroyer of Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Good job, Moogle!
    This can be a great starting point to replicate the learning abilities system of Final Fantasy 9.
    I hope that you will continue in this direction. ;)
    I will certainly use this plugin as core in my project.

14. RetroNutcase

RetroNutcase Jolly Cooperating Sunbro Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Small question: Is there any way you could make it so skills could be tagged with a cost of 0 which makes it so they're always equipped once learned and not included in the equip skill menu? If, say, you only want to have certain skills require the equip system like passives, but want active skills like attacks/spells to always be available?

15. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to implement a feature that sorts the skills in the Skill Pool by user-defined categories? For example, selecting to enter in Black Magic list, White Magic list, Passives list, or Weapon Skill list, etc. or replacing an equipped skill from another category.  The name of the categories to be selected would be accompanied by icons. Because most people who use plugin this probably have a lot of skills to choose from, and it would be cumbersome to scroll through a long list.

Something similar to how trading card games and card-based battle system games allow you to sort by card types to easily find and add cards to the deck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  16. Sol Rising

First Language:
    English
    Customization on skill tier system would be perfect. Would really balance out the game from having actors with the strongest skills equipped :D

Also if you can add a command to add in the different tier upon a condition or level please, much like your current command

<EQS Slot Grow: x>

Except maybe

<EQS Tierx Slot Grow: x>

x = equal number

&

<EQS TierZ Max Slots x to y: n>

z = tier type

x = beginning level

y = ending level

n = maximum amount

This way we can desire the amount of tier's in our project. 

Thanks moogle_x!

Suzio Uwabami likes this.
  17. Suzio Uwabami

First Language:
    English
    Yea, adding more slots to a tier would be awesome! Like, you do a secret mission and then you can equip more Master Skills or something :D

Sol Rising likes this.
  18. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for all the advice! I'll working on the new version soon. :guffaw:

Ras101 and MikeMakes like this.
  19. ShidoLionheart

ShidoLionheart Cuor di Leone Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    It's possible to make an option in the editor to add directly ID of Skill Type that are not affected by the "Equip System"? Like a permanent EQS Ignore.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  20. CyndaBytes

CyndaBytes Creator and Destroyer of Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Moogle, I need a way to increase the slots with the level increase.
    Do you can add it?