Equip Skill System

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Any chance on getting a way to increase skill slots and limit based on actor level? Or even a way to increase it with script calls?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys, to increase skill slots based on level and/or actors is in the note tag commands. I use this plugin and it's awesome!!

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ya that's how I'm doing it at the moment it's just a pain to write 40+ tags for both, for each actor, I'll look at the script later though see if there's a script command to do it though thanks anyways.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to disable this for certain actors or classes, to hide an empty skill tab?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You mean the code snippet only apply to certain actor/class?

Yes, certainly. But, I need to know which one are they.

Or maybe you prefer I turn the code snippet into a standalone plugin on its own, with its own configuration setting?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
(I think?) this is different from the snippet you sent me, which is working fine. I meant having Equip Skills disabled for certain actors or classes.

Thanks to <EQS Ignore>, I've limited which skills are "equipped" to certain skill types which are not available to all classes. But currently EQS will still show up for those classes, despite having no content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, I get it. I assume you mean that in Skill Menu scene, only certain actor/class have "access" to Equip Skill command?

Like, you want the "Equip" section to be hidden for certain actor/class (even though technically they are still affected by EQS "rule" if their skills doesn't have <EQS Ignore>).

If so, I will add this feature in the next update (along with Slot Types/Skill Tiers functionality).

Probably done in around 3-4 days, I guess.  :D

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow, this looks awesome. I don't really have a project to use it in right now, but I'm sure I will someday soon.

For one, this is a great help for making a SaGa Frontier-like ability system...(at least part of it)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Finally, the plugin update is done! Sorry guys if it took forever to finish the update. :(

I shouldn't procrastinate too much... :p

Anyway, the plugin now supports multiple Slot Types!

You can also hide the Equip Skill menu from certain Actor/Class by using notetag. Combined with <EQS Ignore> you can make this plugin to work "exclusively" on certain Actor/Class to make them sort of "unique".

Also, if you use the JP Compatibility Add-On, please update it to latest version as well.

Drackomordain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Let me be the first to say thanks, I've been camping this post daily eagerly awaiting this next version!  Much love  :)

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Might have an error or conflict with something, the contents of the equip panel and learned panel have vanished on me.

Currently doublechecking with a fresh project

Drackomordain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Really enjoying the ability to create different grades of skill equips, one small idea, can we link an icon in anyway to the Slot Type name?

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is with a fresh project:

What am I missing?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Kest

I can only make a guess here. It's probably because in this version, there is no default value for Actor's max slots (unlike the previous version).

That means if you don't define the Actor's Maximum Skill Slots with notetags, the Actor will have no Skill Slots available.

Try adding this notetag to the actor and see if it fix the issue. :)

<EQS Max Slots 0 Level 1 to 99: 5>

@Drackomordain

Hmm... Does it mean adding an icon just to left of Slot Type Name?

Like this?

[icon] White Magic [icon] Heal

Or, does it mean replacing the entire Slot Type Name with an icon like this?

[icon] [icon] Heal

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Kest

I can only make a guess here. It's probably because in this version, there is no default value for Actor's max slots (unlike the previous version).

That means if you don't define the Actor's Maximum Skill Slots with notetags, the Actor will have no Skill Slots available.

Try adding this notetag to the actor and see if it fix the issue. :)

<EQS Max Slots 0 Level 1 to 99: 5>
Looks like this did the trick. I didn't realize that was necessary.

Drackomordain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
[icon] White Magic [icon] Heal

This was what I was thinking.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I made a quick test with Slot Type Icon. The end result will end up look like this.

Not sure what everyone else is thinking, but I "personally" feel slightly uncomfortable seeing 2 icons show up in same line.

But, if I will gladly add this Slot Type Icon feature (with ON/OFF option) in the next version if everyone request it.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made a quick test with Slot Type Icon. The end result will end up look like this.

Not sure what everyone else is thinking, but I "personally" feel slightly uncomfortable seeing 2 icons show up in same line.

But, if I will gladly add this Slot Type Icon feature (with ON/OFF option) in the next version if everyone request it.
I'm with you on this. Looks very weird. And from a uniformity standpoint, it won't mesh well with the other menus. 

By the way, FANTASTIC job on the newest update. This plugin flew under the radar for me after the initial release because I wanted a Slot type system from the beginning. So thank you very much for this. 

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
For the Equip Type Icon maybe you could only show the icon and name when there isn't a skill equipped, once there's a skill equipped the icon and the name could disappear, it might look better, what do you think?

Hey also you use

DataManager.isDatabaseLoadedAnd it often gets called multiple times, by other people and plugins. You should probably add some kind of protection so that doesn't happen.

So I wrote up a fix:

Code:
Moogle_X.EQS.DatabaseLoaded = false;Moogle_X.EQS.DataManager_isDatabaseLoaded = DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded;DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded = function() {    if (!Moogle_X.EQS.DataManager_isDatabaseLoaded.call(this)) return false;	if (!Moogle_X.EQS.DatabaseLoaded) {		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS1($dataActors);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS2($dataActors);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS2($dataClasses);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS2($dataWeapons);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS2($dataArmors);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS2($dataStates);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS3($dataSkills);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS4($dataItems);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS4($dataSkills);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS5($dataActors);		DataManager.readNotetags_EQS5($dataClasses);		Moogle_X.EQS.DatabaseLoaded = true;	}    	return true;};

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Humble Bundle Sound Designer Bundle" just noticed this with a day left. Useful for those of you who want to mix your own music. :LZSwink:
Lots of artists very active right now :)
I'll try all of my gestures.

This Is Vasily. I like him very much
If any composer here would like me to use their music as background on my plugin videos, just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rasdf