Equip Skill System

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Fox536

Thank you so much for the fix. Honestly, I never actually thought that far. Looking back, now I feel really sorry for forcing the engine to read the same notetags, over, over, and over again (imagine if there are 50+ plugins installed!). :o

Once again, I truly appreciate the time you took to make the fix for me. :D

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No problem at all, it's the least I could do for you after you made the script for everyone :D

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say that this is AWESOME and we WILL be using it in our game. Thanks for all of your hard work :)

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Is there a way to NOT show the two little windows in the middle? (the equip limit and the skill pool)

All my skills will cost 1 and I don't want to show those to confuse the player.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@killerfer

Technically, you can if you edit the script directly with an editor.

If you are comfortable with this approach, let me know and I'll tell you which part you need to change/edit.  :)

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Moogle_X

Well I don't know much about programming but I think I can do that if you show me which lines I must alter/erase. Thank you very much

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@killerfer

Let's begin editing the script, shall we? ;)

It's actually pretty simple. All you need to do is putting comment sign ( // ) on 4 specific places.

I used Atom as the script editor. But, I think you can use Wordpad or Notepad++ as well.

Take a look at the picture below. This picture is the script before any editing.

Now, I want you to add comment sign ( // ) on line 1496 just before "+ this._eqsLimitWindow.height"

Next, add comment sign ( // ) on line 1510 just before "+ this._eqsCostWindow.height"

This is the result if done correctly.

After that, take a look at the other picture below. This is also the picture before any editing.

Add 2 other comment signs ( // ) on line 1622 and 1623 so the end result look like the picture below.

After you do all of the above, the window should end up look like this in the game.

The last thing that you need to do is making sure all of your skills has 0 equip cost.

Simply edit the plugin parameter "Default Equip Cost" below, and change the value to 0.

Hope it helps! :D

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Moogle_X

I can't express my gratitude. It worked just the way I wanted it to. Thank you very much for your time and attention. That tutorial was perfect. I won't forget it ever. ;_;

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you plan in add more features? If you do could you add a Tag so 2+ skill cant be chosen.

I'll try to explain:

Fire I

Fire II

Fire III

If the player equip fire I he cant equipe Fire II and Fire III. Also same logic with other 2 Fires skils. That would be awersome for passive stuff that I dont wanna to stack. Like 2 passives: Lord of the Day and Lord of the Night. :D

The tag wold be something like <NoEquip ID, ID, iD...>

tyvm :D

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello again. I've been trying to make a Blue Magic user and I've been following the yanfly tutorial to make the skill learnable from a specific class.

if (target.isActor() && target._classId === 15)The thing is: I made a passive skill called "Learn" and I want the skill to be learned not by the user class, but if he has the Learn skill equiped.

Is there a way for me to do this?

Targaryen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Moogle_X, you're doing a really good job adding the new features that everybody is requesting you! Thank you so much <3

By this way, I'm using a class change plugin, and yanfly learn system, but I would like the skill pool just show the skills that class have learn, and when I change class, all skills are unequipped, could be this possible?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@killerfer

Yes, it can be done. You just need to change the code to this:

if (target.isActor() && target.eqsSkillEquipped($dataSkills[x]))
Change "x" to the "Learn" skill id.

My only concern is whether the code above will produce error (or not) when "applied" to enemy. Let me know if that happen.

@Targaryen

Your request will involve editing Yanfly's script, unfortunately. :(

Maybe, you can request Yanfly to add skill's "auto-forget" option when switching class.

That way when the actor change class, only the current class' skills will be shown in the skill pool.

Last edited by a moderator:

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Moogle_X

Thank you very much, it worked just as I wanted. No errors when used against enemies too.

Targaryen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Moogle_X

Thank you, I'll try to tell her to do that

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to v1.41. :)

It simply added compatibility fix with Yanfly's Auto Passive States plugin.

Please make sure to position Passive States plugin above Equip Skill System.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Moogle_X

I'm really sorry for giving you so much trouble, but I can't live without this plugin anymore :p

Is there a way for the scene to not be in the skills menu? Like for it to appear only when I call it.

And is there a way for me to put it directly in the main menu with the yanfly main menu manager?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@killerfer

Technically, I can create a separate scene just for equipping skills.

My only concern is how the scene will look.

What do you want to do with the "skill type window"? (The one that contains "magic", "special", etc)

Get rid of it completely? If so, what going to happen with the actor status window at the right? Move it to the left? It may look very weird.

If "skill type window" still exist, what's going to be inside it? Only equip command? Again, it may look weird too.

Maybe, you have a better idea? I'll write a separate script for your request, so tell me your opinion. BD

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Moogle_X

I'm really flattered. :blush:

I hadn't thought about the skill type window, but since you mentioned it, I had an idea. Been trying to do it in paint all day because may skills in image editor are close to none haha.

How about something like this?

That way, if you have a skill like a "MAT +10%" passive, the player can see the changes directly in the screen.

On top of that I thought it would be prettier (although it must be too much trouble to ask) to use the bars drawn from the status menu core plugin from yanfly. It could be something like this.

I couldn't put the numbers on the image without screwing with the bars sorry :(

If those are too difficult to pull don't really need to bother with it, you already did too much for me. Thank you very much.

PS: sorry about the awful paint skills :p

By the way, I think I found a little bug. I made a passive skill that let the actor use another skill type. When he equips it, the new type of skill only shows when I close the skill scene and open it again. The same happens for when I unequip it. Ex: I have "White Magic" passive equipped and can use the white magics. When I unequip it if I press cancel to go to the "skill type window", I can still choose the white magic and use, for example, a healing spell. The command only disappears when I return to the main menu screen and open the skills screen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Good morning. Please introduce caffeine in the proper slot. Not sufficient caffeine, add more. Add more. Continue until you hear a sound signal. Please continue. Insufficient caffeine. Increase the quantity of SRW music. Add caffeine.
I have to fix a little more.
Or maybe a lot. Yeah, I need to make the characters look a little bit more fit in some poses.
There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZedPlayzz