Equip Skill System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Moogle_X, Nov 18, 2015.

1. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does this allow you to equip Skill Types rather than just skills?

2. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @moldy

Yes, you just need to arrange the notetags. Ex: You set Slot type 1 in the plugin as black magic. Put <EQS Type: 1> in all your skills from the type "black magic".

3. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks. Is there a way for it to just require one skill slot to access all spells of that skill type, though? Like in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  4. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Plugin update time! :D

New changes:

- Fixed <EQS Ignore> bug regarding YEP_AutoPassiveStates compatibility.
    - Fixed bug regarding skill type window not refreshing after equipping skill.
    - Added standalone EQS scene just for equipping skill.
    - Added option to change equip skill sound effect.

You can now equip skill using separate scene.

[​IMG]
    To access the new scene, you can use plugin command 'EQS Open' or simply access it directly from the main menu.

To enable main menu access, you first need to edit the plugin configuration.

[​IMG]
    @killerfer

I made a "plug and play" patch so you don't need to repeat the "tutorial" again. :D

You can get it here or simply download the attachment.

Just make sure to position the patch below Equip Skill System plugin.

@moldy

If you play around with Passive Skill, you should be able to do what you want.

Make a passive skill that grants new Skill Type (and all the skills from that skill type) to the actor.

It's best combined with Yanfly's Class Change plugin.

Moogle_X_EQS_killerferPatch.rar

Attached Files:

killerfer likes this.
  5. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Moogle_X

I can't thank you enough. It's perfect! ;_;   You have a place reserved for you in my heart. Thank you so much for all the work. You really made my day. :D

Moogle_X likes this.
  6. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! I'm getting the gist of it. Could you tell me how to utilize this pluging command, "<EQS Ignore>", to execute every time an actor switches to a specific class? That way their innate skill respective to that class will always be locked in a slot? For example: Eric changes to Black Mage, so his first skill slot has Black Magic locked into it and can't be changed?

Edit: Hmm...I set up the Passive and linked it to the correct weapon that has "Add Skill Type: _____" in the parameters but my actor still doesn't have access to those skills. What am I doing wrong? It shows all the skills I want in that skill type if I use "Add Skill" for each individual skill but...I'd rather not do that since theyll just have access to all spells right away if I use that method.

Edit 2: Okay, got it working, yes! So I set up the passive and had the linked "dummy weapon" add skill type only. Then I had to put <EQS Ignore> in all the respective skills in that skill tree. Now it works. Thanks! Okay now all that's left is to figure out how to lock a "passive" to a skill slot whenever an actor changes to a class.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  7. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @moldy

What do you mean by "lock a "passive" to a skill slot whenever an actor changes to a class"? You want to equip the black magic and lock it equipped there?

8. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah. If I switch to a Black Mage, I'd like the very first slot to automatically be equipped with Black Magic and have it non removable (until they switch to another class of course).

9. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @moldy

Oh I see. You can do that just by adding the skill type to the class' traits. That way, it will always be enabled in that class, whether you have the passive skill equipped or not.

10. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh wow I didn't even think of that xD

Edit: Hmm...there's a problem. If I do it this way, then there's a possibility of an actor having 2 of the same skill type in their command list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  11. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @moldy

If you want to prevent actors to have any duplicate skill types, simply use my plugin patch here.

This way, you no longer need to worry about seeing 2 or more same skill types in actor's skill types list. :D

Moogle_X_NoDuplicateSkillTypes.rar

Attached Files:

12. lokirafael

lokirafael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For gods sake. I was racking my brain to come up with a add-on to use this script in my skill system, but NOW I see its not necessary. My game has 2 major skill type with lots os sub-type and I was trying to link minor skill types to those major 2. But now I see its not necessary with the  <EQS Type: x>. :D

Lots of love for you bc of that tag \o/ (It will save me a hellish experience)

Now the only thing its missing is a tag tha block others skill ID's to be equiped. I see a VX/Ace that has this tag and I think its very useful for passive stuff.

Again,

Tyvm

13. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ooo you're fast! Thanks!

14. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @lokirafael

Do you prefer the "blocked" skills to be "grey out" inside the Window Skill Pool?

Or do you prefer the "blocked" skills to be "suddenly disappeared" in the Skill Pool instead.

killerfer likes this.
  15. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    :o That'd be a nice add on! It would prevent, say, certain classes from being able to redundantly equip a Skill Type they already have access to :p

16. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @moldy

If you are using the yanfly's auto passive states to give the skill type to your actor there is already a way for not duplicating the skill type. Let's say your Black Mage is class id 2. Just add this to the state that gives black magic:

<Custom Passive Condition>if (user._classId === 2) { condition = false;} else { condition = true;}</Custom Passive Condition>Although that doesn't prevent him to equip the skill, this does end the duplicating problem.

@Moogle_X

Is there a plugin command or script call to unequip skill from to slot y? Or unequip all skills? Or the other way around, a way to equip skill x to slot y?

17. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @killerfer

Plugin command for equipping skill already exist. Unequip on the other hand... not yet implemented.  :p

I'll add it in the next update.

killerfer likes this.
  18. lokirafael

lokirafael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think grey out is best bc player will be able to see skill that he could equipe.

Tag wold be something like <noequip ID, ID, ID...> I guess. That would be extremaly useful in my passive system. (To dont stack similar passives).

Tyvm

19. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello Moogle,

I updated your plugin recently and found that my skills are no longer showing up to the equip scene. (the default one in skill menu)

Here are some images.

The Equip Skill Scene: http://i.imgur.com/ZHCQxjD.png

Skill Learn Scene (Before learning the Highlighted Skills): http://i.imgur.com/2qBJtUh.png *

Skill Scene: http://i.imgur.com/14UGtQL.png (so far so good)

Skill Learn Scene (After learning the enabled skills): http://i.imgur.com/SMItVJw.png

The Equip Skill Scene (after learning the specific skills): http://i.imgur.com/cJ3PwDw.png

The issue is that the skill's that I definitely learned and tagged correctly isn't showing up in the menu at all, and also the slot's aren't showing up as well.

What do you think?

EDIT: This didn't happen with v 1.4, if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  20. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @MrPurpleDreadlocks

This is just a guess. Perhaps you forgot to setup the actor's Max Skill Slot.

Did you give the actor the notetag:

<EQS Max Slots x Level y to z: n>