Equip Skill System

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Is it possible to use your plugin to make it so only passive skills or skills that allow any vocation (class to you mere mortals) to use a skill type that is not their specialty need to be equipped? Like Black Magic would only need to be equipped if you're not a Black Mage,and so on?
Try to give at your black mage class the trait of the skill type "black magic" and create a skill with the passive state "black magic" that give the same trait.

So if you equip the black mage class the skill type will be automatic in the skill type list of your character, and then if you change class that skill type will be not there anymore and you need to equip the skill with the passive state that give the skill type in order to use it. I hope it's not confusing but I'm not english :p

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the late post, but this is more open than the Yanfly Skill Equip as much as I am a loyalist and do you know if passives learned from classes are universal?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the late post, but this is more open than the Yanfly Skill Equip as much as I am a loyalist and do you know if passives learned from classes are universal?
A passive state on an ability learned by a class that has <EQS Ignore> on it will always be active after learning it.

If the ability has to be equipped by this plugin, it will remain active as long as it remains equipped, or as long as the actor is able to use it.

If the ability is learned ONLY by the traits box of a class, and has <EQS Ignore> it will be active as long as the actor belongs to that class. If it doesn't have <EQS Ignore>, it will only be available to be equipped when the actor belongs to that class, but will still need to be equipped for the passive state on it to take effect.

dragon3025

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Umm So i got a problem skills are not showing up in the skill equip
I've got the same problem. My in both the left and right windows, there's nothing there, even know my actors should know some skills.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got the same problem. My in both the left and right windows, there's nothing there, even know my actors should know some skills.
This plugin requires set up on the skills before it works properly, and you probably can't test it on a save that existed before you installed the plugin.

Your actors need to have note tags to say they have access to skill slots, and how many skills slots they have.

<EQS Max Slots 1 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 2 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 3 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 4 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 5 Level 1 to 99: 1>

Your skills need to belong to a skill slot type. with the following note tag example:

<EQS Type: 1>
<EQS Type: 2>
<EQS Type: 12>

If the actor has a slot for the skill in question, he will be able to equip that skill into that slot.

I'm using Yanfly's skill learning system and this works flawlessly.

edit:

If your actor is learning a skill through a trait, rather than by level up, it will not be affected by this plugin. Somehow, those skills bypass this plugin entirely. Allowing you to make a class that knows a skill, but cannot equip that skill in the system. But that actor will still know the skill, so as long as they have access to that skilltype, the skill will always be there as long as the actor belongs to that class.

I was incorrect earlier when I said that if they learned a skill through traits that needed to be equipped, they'd have access to equip it - that skill will always be available if it's on a trait.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragon3025

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin requires set up on the skills before it works properly, and you probably can't test it on a save that existed before you installed the plugin.

Your actors need to have note tags to say they have access to skill slots, and how many skills slots they have.

<EQS Max Slots 1 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 2 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 3 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 4 Level 1 to 99: 1>
<EQS Max Slots 5 Level 1 to 99: 1>

Your skills need to belong to a skill slot type. with the following note tag example:

<EQS Type: 1>
<EQS Type: 2>
<EQS Type: 12>

If the actor has a slot for the skill in question, he will be able to equip that skill into that slot.

I'm using Yanfly's skill learning system and this works flawlessly.

edit:

If your actor is learning a skill through a trait, rather than by level up, it will not be affected by this plugin. Somehow, those skills bypass this plugin entirely. Allowing you to make a class that knows a skill, but cannot equip that skill in the system. But that actor will still know the skill, so as long as they have access to that skilltype, the skill will always be there as long as the actor belongs to that class.

I was incorrect earlier when I said that if they learned a skill through traits that needed to be equipped, they'd have access to equip it - that skill will always be available if it's on a trait.
Oh, I understand it now. Thanks.

Sajiki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello,

thats a very nice plugin :)

But how i can work this? :

I would close a Skills when a euqipment a Skill.

Heal I

Heal II

Heal III

When i euqipment "Heal I", i cant euipment "Heal II" and "Heal III". How i can work this? ^^

Mfg

Sajiki

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

Heal I

Heal II

Heal III

When i euqipment "Heal I", i cant euipment "Heal II" and "Heal III". How i can work this? ^^

Mfg

Sajiki

That would be useful. To give a skill a note tag that, if it is equipped, it prevents certain other skills from being available to equip. (Regardless of available slots)

Or possibly also allow for an already equipped skill to make certain other skills more costly to equip. Either by a flat value, or a percentage of the, 'to-be-equipped' skills, equip cost.

edit:

Though it seems that the author has not been to this forum in some months... Perhaps I can make time to write it up and share here sometime. (No promises)

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Heal I

Heal II

Heal III

Mfg

Sajiki

Use the notetag <EQS Block: x> The help section of the plugin explain how this work. Notetag the Heal I with ID of Heal II and Heal III. It's on the bottom of the help file in: NEW Feature! "EQS Block"

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, that will teach me not to comment before double checking the version changes. :)

/facepalm

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Moogle_X , I found an issue, that when you are a little bit longer in the Equip Skill window and change a lot skills around then it laggs really bad and the client and even windows freezes.

I think the problem is this function: (line 2294)

Window_EquipSkillPool.prototype.setTypeId = function(typeId) {
    this._typeId = typeId;
    this.refresh();
};

This change should solve the problem:

Window_EquipSkillPool.prototype.setTypeId = function(typeId) {
    if (this._typeId === typeId) return;
    this._typeId = typeId;
    this.refresh();
};

It prevents the function to refresh everytime, instead only if the typeId has changed.

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hi, love your plugins.

I already wrote the problem on your Equipment Learning post, but seeing as this is an Equipment Skill System problem I'm posting it here as well.

I encountered a problem when trying to combine both Equipment Learning and Equipment Skill System.

Here's my plugin order:

YEP_SkillCore (v1.10b)

YEP_JobPoints (v1.07)

YEP_SkillLearnSystem (v1.12)

YEP_EquipCore (v1.15)

YEP_AutoPassiveStates (v1.11)

YEP_ItemCore (v1.25)

YEP_ShopMenuCore (v1.03)

Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem (v1.45)

Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning (v1.22)

I'm currently using YEP_SkillLearnSystem and YEP_JobPoints to increase my base parameters through the use of Skills I have called Attributes (+1 Str, +1 Vitality etc.) instead of using EXP.

The problem I'm having is when I enable the Equipment Skill System, because the skills I assign to the equipment disappear from their corresponding Skill menu in main menu and during combat.

So I suspect that some of the code in Equipment Skill System hijacks the skill's type making it only visible in the shop, but not in the main menu.

Anyway, I want the character to not learn more than a certain amount of skills.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tetsujin I think you need MoogleX_EQS_SkillLearnPatch.

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
@Tetsujin I think you need MoogleX_EQS_SkillLearnPatch.
Forgot to mention that I have Moogle_X_EQS_SkillLearnPatch (v1.0) ON after Equipment Skill System and Equipment Learning.

Order:

Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem

Moogle_X_EQS_SkillLearnPatch

Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning

lhc1114

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
that's nice plugin

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Moogle_X, I know you've been quiet for a while but I've been poking your plugin here and managed to figure out how to get the skill list to abide my the actor's stypes and play nice with trait skills.

If anyone is interested. Here is the code to change. http://pastebin.com/QvNuKEB9

I'm finding it a little bit harder to allow a skill to qualify for more than one eqsType though. If you point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can save you the trouble and share it here, added to the above. :)

Thanks for your time!

Edit:

I may have made a mistake... Double checking. :) Fixed.

Edit2:

I've found where to do it, and I can get it to work, but I seem to be having a brain fart completing it. My solution feels clunky... Maybe it will help if I look at it again in the AM. :p

Code:
//New  <eqs_types: id,id,id>
$.extraETypes = function(item) {
  if (item.extraETypes === undefined) {
    item.extraETypes = [];
    var eTypes = item.meta.eqs_types
    if (eTypes) eTypes = eTypes.split(',');
    if (eTypes) {
      for (var i = 0; i < eTypes.length ; i++) {
        item.extraETypes.push(parseInt(eTypes[i]));
      }
    }
  }
  return item.extraETypes;
};

Game_Actor.prototype.getSkillPool = function(typeId) {
  var array = this._skills;

if($.IncludeTraitSkills){
    array = array.concat(this.addedSkills());
  }

array = array.map(function(skillId) {
      return $dataSkills[skillId];
  });

//Replacing previous filter...
  var temp = [];
  for (var i = 0; i < array.length; i++) {
    var skill = array[i];
    if (skill.eqsType === typeId) {
      temp.push(skill);
    } else if ($.extraETypes(skill).contains(typeId)) {
      temp.push(skill);
    }
  }
  array = temp;

array = array.filter(function(skill) {
      return skill.isEqsIgnore === false;
  });

if (Moogle_X.EQS.classRestrict) {
      var legalSkills = this.eqsGetLegalSkills();
      array = array.filter(function(skill) {
          return legalSkills.contains(skill.id);
      });
  }

return array;
};

Including Me

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ita, Es, Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Guys!
I've started using this amazing plugin just today and all works perfectly on my game... but...

the game doesn't display anymore the message "Ability X learned!" when a character learns a skill by leveling up.

Not totally sure if this is connected with the Equip Skill System, but it started when i plugged it :/

Any hint?

EDIT: Game is correctly showing the message when a Skill is learned by an equipped weapon (i'm also using the Equipment Skill Learning plugin), but not when the skill is learned by lvling up.

Last edited:

curioushika

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not-English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thank you for making this plugin.
I've been using this plugin and I really love it because it's just exactly what I need.
It's been working fine for me except this little thing made me rather uncomfortable

I've been looking around the plugin, but I'm not sure what causing it. Tried to turn off the other plugins, but it still persists, so I believe it's not because of the other plugins.
Kinda hoping there's a way to omit it from the main menu altogether or at least make the word visible there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^
Been updating my game's control scheme to optionally use a mouse. Now the player pixel moves towards the mouse destination, which looks super sweet with the sparkles. Also turns out I made a Mouse Common Event plugin at some point... Thanks past me. :LZSexcite: Now the mouse wheel cycles different forms, and the right mouse button activates that form's special. :LZScool:
Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MxMachine