Equip Slots for Items, Skills, and Equipment

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Jaymonius, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jaymonius

Jaymonius Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    (Bare with me on this one as I'm not sure if this would fall under support or not.)

H-Hey! Jaymonius here and I am experimenting with MV. And I noticed the Yanfly Equip Slots thing was nifty. And I also had a thought if there was some way to make one singular window for equipping all 3 categories, Items, Skills, and Equipment? Instead of making separate windows for each skill slot?

I guess the best example of this is how Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 handled their inventory. If there was a way to do that in MV, that'd be great. If anyone can help me with this, (and direct me to the right plugins for what I need,) I'd be grateful.

Thanks muchly.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    there is a way to simulate that, but admittedly it is an inferior way compared to a real plugin
    you can make pseudo-equipment that fits into an equip slot named "skill" and have that equipment add the skills as traits (completely removing the regular skill learning options).
    For items it would be a bit more tricky with the equipment giving a skill "use item XY" and the skill having the desired effect, removing the regular item on use (either by common event or by skill cost plugin.