Equip Slots for Items, Skills, and Equipment

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(Bare with me on this one as I'm not sure if this would fall under support or not.)

H-Hey! Jaymonius here and I am experimenting with MV. And I noticed the Yanfly Equip Slots thing was nifty. And I also had a thought if there was some way to make one singular window for equipping all 3 categories, Items, Skills, and Equipment? Instead of making separate windows for each skill slot?

I guess the best example of this is how Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 handled their inventory. If there was a way to do that in MV, that'd be great. If anyone can help me with this, (and direct me to the right plugins for what I need,) I'd be grateful.

Thanks muchly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a way to simulate that, but admittedly it is an inferior way compared to a real plugin
you can make pseudo-equipment that fits into an equip slot named "skill" and have that equipment add the skills as traits (completely removing the regular skill learning options).
For items it would be a bit more tricky with the equipment giving a skill "use item XY" and the skill having the desired effect, removing the regular item on use (either by common event or by skill cost plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!
On a scale of one to I just drew a pineapple with hairy legs how bored are you today?
Everybody else: We want this, this, this, this, this, and this, and don't forget that, plus that.... we need all of it added to the new RM.

Me: Just don't make me learn a new programming language. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx