Equip Weapons in battle (slightly different from the script that comes with MV)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by SpakTheComposer, Jul 31, 2019.

1. SpakTheComposer

SpakTheComposer Possibly a glitch in the system Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, so basically I'm currently working on a game that one of the core mechanics of the battle system is that you can swap your weapon mid battle so you can get different skills and stuff like that. There is a plugin that comes with RPG Maker MV that adds an equip option to the battle menu. This would seem perfect on paper, but I do have a couple of issues with this plugin.

1. The plugin makes it so you can change your shield as well - this needs to be removed
    2. The plugin displays the defense stat - this should be removed since it's only weapons I want to be changed
    3. I want the actor to have to use a turn to equip weapons, not just go back to the same turn.

I attempted to edit the plugin that was already present, but I'm not too skilled with Javascript so I wasn't really able to do much. If anyone knows how to do what I'm looking for here, thanks!

(I also tried a couple other plugins, more notably Yanfly's change battle equip plugin, but none of these did what I wanted either)

Thanks,
    Spak

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Which plugin are you talking about?

3. SpakTheComposer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notification but the plugin I'm talking about is the one that's in the DLC folder in the steam files for MV. It's called simply "ChangeWeaponOnBattle.js" the author is Sasuke KANNAZUKI.
    Hope that helps!

4. SpakTheComposer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry for the double post, but I actually decided today to just take a crack at what I wanted to do and I managed to make it so I only display atk and I can only equip weapons; however, I'm still not sure how to make it take up a turn when you equip a weapon.

To anyone reading this who's wondering how to only display atk and only equip weapons, all you do is change the "2"s on lines 57 and 85 of the previously mentioned "ChangeWeaponOnBattle.js" plugin.