hr1003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello guys,

I searched for a long time now for a skript that allows the player to equip  weapons and armor from his inventory. This is usually not possible for the player

has to go to the equipment screen in order to equip stuff. In my game i don't want the palyer to have to go to the equpment screen.

I guess it would be a rather simple Script but I can't do it. I would be very happy if someone could help me out with this! :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Not a bad idea ... so you'd select the weapon/armor and then select the actor to use it on? Would you want it to use the existing 'target actor' window (the one that appears when you select an item that can be used on an actor) or a different one that displays their current stats and what they would be with the item equipped?

Would you then want the Equip screen disabled completely?

That would give you no way for an actor to UNequip something (and leave the slot blank).

Also, are you using any custom scripts that affect equipment - like one that adds more equip slots, maybe?

And no, it would probably not be a simple script at all. The equip screen actually consists of about 5 windows and is reasonably complex. Just because the end result would be "easier to use", doesn't mean the script is "easier to make" than the existing equip script :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hr1003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your answer and moving me, Shaz.

In my game the player controls only one character so i don't really want the player to have to choose him everytime he wants to equip a weapon / armor. It should be like a health potion: when clicked it should be used without any further menus and options. The current stats of the player can be left in the status menu. Whenever a player finds a new weapon or armor he can compare them in his inventory. If he wants to view his stats he could go to the status menu.

I don't mind if the equip screen is still there since i use Nicke's XaiL System Icon Menu and disabled the equip screen in the menu.

For the actual script I thought of a way they did it in the Gothic or Risen Games, if you know them. Here is a picture to show you what I mean.

Inventory.png

The player would be able to unequip an item by clicking on it again (assuming the item stays in the inventory when equiped like in my example picture).

I do not use scripts that modify the equipment slots or anything like that.

Okay i guess its not that easy :p I have no clue of scripting so i really can't tell. Thanks a lot for helping me out Shaz!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I DON'T think the item stays in inventory when you unquip it. If you want that to happen, it would need to be included in this script (which would also need to take into account that you could equip/unequip the item in other ways).

Do you want the actor to be able to change equipment during battle too, since you can use items in battle? If so, should changing equipment take a battle turn, the same way using a restorative item would?

(Note, I'm not saying I will MAKE this script for you. It would certainly be an interesting one, and I would do it if I had the time. But if I can't, at least other scripters will benefit from your answers to my many questions :) )

hr1003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well since I want to implement a action battle system script it does not really matter to me if the player can change their equip during battle because they probably won't do that. Would be nice if they were able though.

Yeah armor and weapons not staying in the inventory after equiping is a real problem. I played around with custom armor-slot scripts a little and had that problem. Maybe it would help to have a consumable item (for example a health potion) and turn it into an armor by changing its picture, its name and its attributes. Then the player could consume the item, which then would add for example + 1 STR as long as the player does not consume another armor for that specific slot (for example helmet).

I did not expect you to make the script for me but i appreciate your help in developing this idea :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, you just said you played around with custom armor-slot scripts a little, but up further you said you did NOT have scripts that affect armor slots. It doesn't really matter one way or the other, but if you DO, you'll need to provide a link to it, so the scripter can make sure the new script is compatible.

A consumable item would not have the properties of weapons/armor (ie - who can equip it, what slot it belongs in, etc). It would not be too difficult to make the weapon/armor stay in inventory when it's equipped, but they'd also have to consider what happens if you try to sell it but it's equipped - they'd have to either make it unable to sell, or unequip it when it happens.

hr1003

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You're right, Shaz. I said I don't have multi-slot scripts because after playing around with them I deletet them. Or does this not matter since it still screws something up?

Also making a consumable into a weapon or armor does not work, you are also right there. I tried it out but it didn't work.

If the player has a weapon or armor equiped the player should not be able to sell it. But if that was to difficult to script it would also be okay if equiped weapons or armor could be sold. Because they should have some kind of a sign on them like in my screenshot for example so player knows that he has this item equiped.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?
My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pack_4_life