Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it possible to make equipment also act as items that could be used in battle like in some final fantasy games?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, but how you want it to work depends on whether or not you want to use plugins:

No-plugin approach: Equipped items allow the player to use a specific skill (added to their skill list). So the "Fire Rod" would give the player a skill called "Fire Rod" but it'd have to be selected from their skills/spells/whatever menu rather than the item menu.

Plugin approach: Not sure if a plugin exists for the vintage (FF1/FF4/FF6 approach--select item from equipped items, use for effect) but any plugin that replaces the basic attack and/or adds an effect (unleash) to basic attack can be used for something like this. This is the approach I'm using in my game just because I think it makes more sense than flipping to the item menu just to use your Fire Rod properly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg
Today was not a really productive day, but at least i got some bust sketches going <3
E7QXZHNXoAIkpG8
hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.
Hmm... Game has 91 views, 25 downloads, 5 reviews and netted me 7 additional followers. Meanwhile the image I posted just yesterday on Imgur to showcase it has 45,197 views. Interesting, I think I have a new advertising idea. Also Twitter? The post got 16 retweets, 20 likes, and 1,683 views.... And a whole 3 hits to my game, completely valueless. I am glad I did this game jam, this information is quite valuable.
We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
o_planeta