Equipment bug; YEP EquipCore help

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've got this character who is supposed to begin play equipped with a particular piece of armor (the armor type is called a "SKIDD" in-game), but he's starting play equipped with a different thing. It's something that's not even supposed to be in his starting inventory. I'm using Yanfly's EquipCore and set the armor type in the character's class. I also have it in the Actor Traits (if I take it out, he isn't able to equip anything in the slot at all).

I suppose I could have a work-around where I auto-run an event that changes his equipment, but I'd honestly rather try to figure this out. I tried seeing if I could change his equipment in the console and it wouldn't let me. What am I missing?

Attachments

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start a new game after setting all of this up, or did you resume a previously-saved game? Actors and their equipment are saved with your save data, so if you save the game and then make changes, your save file will not be affected.

Did you check the plugin parameters to see if there was anything there?

Are you sure you don't have an event already set up that's giving this to the actor? Could have been done just for testing purposes, then you forgot to remove it. Create a brand new map and put your player's starting location there. Don't add ANY events to the map at all. Start a new game and see if the same thing happens.

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started a new game several times, and this is the case every time.

There aren't very many parameters in the plug-in, and I'm not seeing anything that would affect this... I do have the "non-removable" parameter set so that the actors cannot unequip their weapons, but I didn't do that for the armor types, and the weapons are all equipped as intended.

There aren't any events running on the starting map that touch this actor, but I created a quick down and dirty one just in case, just to be sure. Same issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not going to be online for much longer, but if you want to zip up your project and send through, I can take a quick look and see if I can figure it out. Just exclude the audio folder unless you've got non-RTP stuff in there.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I’m not too sure what’s happening, but if the console say the Id is 3003, that mean it is an independant item. You’re using Yanfly item core I guess? If so, you might wanna have a look in that Plugin too.

And that « solecore6 », what is its id in your database? Does it have the skidd armor type?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BlueBomber000
please give us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins listed and their order.

whenever yanfly's plugins start to behave strangely, there is a very good chance that it is either an incompatibility with another plugin or a wrong order of yanfly's plugins, both causes can easily be checked with such a screenshot.

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I’m not too sure what’s happening, but if the console say the Id is 3003, that mean it is an independant item. You’re using Yanfly item core I guess? If so, you might wanna have a look in that Plugin too.

And that « solecore6 », what is its id in your database? Does it have the skidd armor type?
I am, in fact. I hadn't thought that might be the specific plugin affecting it... although, to Andar's point, I did wonder if I had something out of order. The "SolarCore 6" item ID is 70, and it does have the SKIDD armor type; the item ID of the piece of equipment that should be in there is 61.

please give us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins listed and their order
Gladly. Please see attached and lmk if anything looks funky to you.

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please try the other things above before sending me your demo. I'm not familiar with Yanfly's plugins, so if it's a plugin issue, you're better off getting help from people who know how to use them.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am, in fact. I hadn't thought that might be the specific plugin affecting it... although, to Andar's point, I did wonder if I had something out of order. The "SolarCore 6" item ID is 70, and it does have the SKIDD armor type; the item ID of the piece of equipment that should be in there is 61.
Well, I've mentioned the item core because in one of your screenshot you said you don't have an item with id 3003 in your database and it seem to surprise you... Of course database won't go over 2000 by default, that's why Yanfly itemcore use dataId of 3000 and above for creating independents items.
So that tell me you've probably set your armors to be independent items (if you have set a max limit for your armors in the item core plugin parameters, than all your armors are independent items and will be assigned 300-something Id upon initialization).
That said, it doesn't mean your problem come from that, but I wanted to be sure you were aware of this and did intentionnaly set your armors to be independents because it have big impact on how the engine manage equipments.

Check Yanfly and other plugins instructions and support site to be sure it's not due to some plugin incompatibility or incorrect arrangements, then you may want to try turning off item core and see what happen. You may also try to use slot id from equip core instead of named slots. Ex: <Equip Slot: 1,2,3,4,5>

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I've mentioned the item core because in one of your screenshot you said you don't have an item with id 3003 in your database and it seem to surprise you... Of course database won't go over 2000 by default, that's why Yanfly itemcore use dataId of 3000 and above for creating independents items.
So that tell me you've probably set your armors to be independent items (if you have set a max limit for your armors in the item core plugin parameters, than all your armors are independent items and will be assigned 300-something Id upon initialization).
That said, it doesn't mean your problem come from that, but I wanted to be sure you were aware of this and did intentionnaly set your armors to be independents because it have big impact on how the engine manage equipments.

Check Yanfly and other plugins instructions and support site to be sure it's not due to some plugin incompatibility or incorrect arrangements, then you may want to try turning off item core and see what happen. You may also try to use slot id from equip core instead of named slots. Ex: <Equip Slot: 1,2,3,4,5>
I was not aware of that, actually. Thanks for informing me. I just tried removing the independent factor from the Armor items and the issue persisted. I also turned Item Core off and the issue persisted. So... I dunno.

It's not a huge deal, and I'll probably just use the work-around I mentioned earlier. I just wanted to see if we could pinpoint what the issue was. Thanks, y'all.

Reactions: TSR

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had the same problem. Except for when I turned off ItemCore it would work, the actor would have its equipment as defined in the DB.
I couldn't find anything wrong with the plugin per se. So I went to the Actors json file in the Data folder and there, inside the actors' 'equips' it was defined [0,0,2,0,0] - number '2' being the piece of armour I didn't want equipped, as my character should be naked.
I replaced number 2 by 0 and it worked. I even tested it running the plugin.
Although I'd be extremely careful when playing around with those data files. I blanked a map by accident earlier this week...:rswt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made an RPG Discord bot and it FINALLY got accepted on top.gg and is already trending!! <3
1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste