CriticalRPG

Necromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was using the scripts, and I ran into a bit of an issue. You see, before I equipped a weapon, it appears in the repair menu just fine. However, after equipping it, the weapon disappears in the repair menu. Any way to fix this?

P.S. Is there a way to make an item that repairs weapon durability?

CriticalRPG

Necromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was using the scripts, and I ran into a bit of an issue. You see, before I equipped a weapon, it appears in the repair menu just fine. However, after equipping it, the weapon disappears in the repair menu. Any way to fix this?

P.S. Is there a way to make an item that repairs weapon durability?
Please ignore this, I'm asking in the Scripting section.

Landbark

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Hello, I've got a question about your script. Can there be a skill (used by enemies) that will decrease durability of actor weapon and armor? I want to create enemy skill that will "disintegrate" equipment used by actor, I just want to use durability just for this purpose without all this repair and keeping stuff durable.

Can this be done?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, I've got a question about your script. Can there be a skill (used by enemies) that will decrease durability of actor weapon and armor? I want to create enemy skill that will "disintegrate" equipment used by actor, I just want to use durability just for this purpose without all this repair and keeping stuff durable.

Can this be done?
When the skill is successfully used on an actor, how much durability would be decreased? Which weapons/armors?

Landbark

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
For now I plan to set durability to 1, one succesfull attack is enough to destroy armor/weapon(I won't set equipment to lose durability any other way). Only selected weapons/armors, meaning early/middle game mostly and armor that goes under Shield/Head equip type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So basically

1. Enemy uses skill on actor

2. Enemy successfully hits actor

3. All of actors' eligible equips durability are decreased to 1

"Eligible" would refer any equips that you have determined is vulnerable to this skill.

How do you plan to determine equip eligibility?

Last edited by a moderator:

Landbark

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
First I would like to know If this can be done. If yes then I would try to make/ask about skill that would target only one equipment type (weapon, armor head or shield). My first question was badly constructed, not descrese durability of every item that has durability but selected type.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looking at the script, you will probably need an add-on to allow you to change equip durability directly via items/skills.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hi,

You script seem really great! Is it possible to have it working with the new version of Rpg Maker MV? 

thx ! 

hxm3619555

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
This script is awesome! Thank you for sharing this!

However, I do have one confusion about this script: how can I decrease the durability of a weapon or an armor outside a battle?

I tried to use 

1. equip = $game_actors[1].equips[0]
  2. equip.durability -= 1
and directly

$game_actors[1].equips[0].durability -= 1

But neither works.

I can't seem to figure out how now...

Any help is appreciated!

kickinit233

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to modify this script to make it work with Chalkdust battle system?

Lonelywraith

The Storyteller of Woe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi,  Selchar, I have a question for you: Is there a way to set the repair cost to 0? My idea is that the player can repair the weapons by himself and not depend on a blacksmith npc or something.

Mawichan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT: okay I got it working. I had just misunderstood a function in the script. These are really great scripts!

Last edited:

luigifan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hey, where's Instance Items Base? my game can't run without it. It seems that i can't actually get to it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
where's Instance Items Base
The links work fine for me.On the main post, click on >Required<
It will take you to Hime's page and download it from there.

Valtiel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using this script with Falcao's Pearl ABS Script and wanted to know how get the weapon break messages on the map screen.
upload_2019-11-8_0-39-23.png

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LageCL