Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there! I have a question that may or may not be obviously stated (I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and 2 venti coffees heheh). Is it possible to learn passive states or permanent stat boosts with this? Say, for example, if I wanted to use this to allow a player to equip a "iron helm" and instead of learning skills, they gain AP and then permanently unlock a +3 defense or whatever.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there! I have a question that may or may not be obviously stated (I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and 2 venti coffees heheh). Is it possible to learn passive states or permanent stat boosts with this? Say, for example, if I wanted to use this to allow a player to equip a "iron helm" and instead of learning skills, they gain AP and then permanently unlock a +3 defense or whatever.
If you use Moogle's Passive Skills, then yes. You can learn a skill that applies traits to the actor as long as the skill is learned. It is actually what I am currently doing with it. Which gave me the idea of requesting what I have. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yes sir,If the skill name is too very large doesnt looks so well because it is overlaped. Changing the gauge offset is a solution but i dont like the gauge to be so tiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

One last clarification.  :)

Currently, in the script, AP is gained after:

- Doing a battle action (attack, guard, etc).

- At the end of battle (AP "drop" from enemy is distributed).

AP is still gained even when the skill's AP is full. But, the total skill's AP will be re-adjusted to max AP value afterward.

So, my question is the "timing" for eval block will be 'just after' AP is gained (even from doing battle action).

(Technically, it's just after battle action's "initiation")

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

One last clarification.  :)

Currently, in the script, AP is gained after:

- Doing a battle action (attack, guard, etc).

- At the end of battle (AP "drop" from enemy is distributed).

AP is still gained even when the skill's AP is full. But, the total skill's AP will be re-adjusted to max AP value afterward.

So, my question is the "timing" for eval block will be 'just after' AP is gained (even from doing battle action).

(Technically, it's just after battle action's "initiation")

My uses would be, primarily, to manipulate the actor after the AP skill is learned. As long as that is possible (such as forgetting the skill right after its gained, resetting the AP gauge, etc...) then I have no preference when it occurs.

If this is possible after each AP gain, or at the end of battle, it would be great either way. I would wonder though if the After Battle Report would be confusing, if the eval occurred after every action?

I don't currently use the after battle report because it doesn't appear for me, for some reason. So it would be hard for me to report any oddities. :)

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moogle_X, I am apologize if I am making to many requests. Please tell me if I am.

Right now, there really is no clear means of displaying skills granted by traits.

I am wondering. Since this plugin is already doing a great job of displaying skills granted via the AP process, would you be willing to also list any skills that the item itself is granting via traits? 

(They would be displayed in the list in the order the trait is listed on the equips trait menu)

Such skills would not have an AP bar next to them, as they are not 'learned' but only granted by the item itself for as long as it is equipped. I would think they could be listed first, as they are always available, but a plugin parameter could set them to be listed after AP Learned skills.

With this feature, it will be possible to display skills that are only available as long as the equipment is used, as well as any skills that will be permanently learned with consistent use of the equipment.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus:

You must put it bellow aftermath.
Thanks. That was actually the first thing I tried.

I haven't taken the time to isolate the issue, as it isn't in the way yet. :)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to version 1.1!

Change Log:

- Added option to change skill's font name and size in Window Ability List.
- Added actors and classes skills learning restriction.
- Added <EQL No Aftermath> skills notetag.
- Added <EQL Show Switch: x> skills notetag.
- Added <EQL AP Gain Eval> skills notetag.

Some screenshots.

EQL_FontSettings_zpsqly05rv6.png

EQL_AllSkillsLearn_zpsoksyqoje.png

EQL_ver1-1_zpsztrvdnve.png
Sorry guys it took me days to finish the update. I had a chronic procrastination issue recently.

The truth is the update only took a mere 4 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :(

@ Roguedeus

I didn't implement your last request, sorry. Your last request requires a rather "heavy rewriting" at the moment. ;_;

Perhaps next time. :p

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moogle! Thank you!

While I am posting i wanted to ask about the Instant Mastery parameter of the plugin.

I am not sure what this does? I have disabled it and notice no difference. :unsure:

edit:

Also. Using the eval... Is the wearer accessible via some way?

Or, the skills current AP?

Example: (pseudo code)

<EQL AP Gain Eval>if user.isLearnedSkill(1){user.hp -= user.mhp * 0.1;user.forgetSkill(1)}</EQL AP Gain Eval>Should I just use 'this' in place of user?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@ Roguedeus

Sorry, my eval is not really "friendly" compares to Yanfly.

You need to write the code just like you would code the JavaScript directly.

<EQL AP Gain Eval>
this.hp -= this.mhp * 0.1;
</EQL AP Gain Eval>
Some tips:

• this                                          // The actor who gain the AP.
  • $dataSkills[x]                           // Skill with id x.
  • $dataSkills[x].eqlShowSwitch   // Skill x's binded switch id.
  • this.forgetSkill(x)                      // Forget (and also reset AP to 0) skill with id x.
  • this._eqlAp[skillId] = 0;             // Only reset AP to 0.
  • this._eqlAp[x]                           // Skill x current AP.
  • this.eqlIsMastered(skillId)        // Is this actor "mastered" or learned the skill?
If you need more help, feel free to let me know. :D

EDIT:

With Instant Mastery ON, the actor can immediately use the equipment skill's even if the actor haven't "mastered" the AP.

With Instant Mastery OFF, the actor need to get full AP first, before they can use the skill.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! Fantastic job on including the features! Quick work! And thank you VERY much for the tips, because those effects would have been the next thing I asked about. lol. 

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi I found this issue:

15qomcx.jpg

PS - I noticed that The Icon of AP = 0 is colored and the Icon of AP x 2 is not colored. It must be the opposit.

PS 2 - The AP Gaining doesn't show in the Victory Aftermath even if I enabled it.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@ ShidoLionheart

Dang! I completely forgot about that! :o

Thanks for finding the bug. I'll fix it in the next update. BD

About the aftermath, maybe you can try position this plugin below Victory Aftermath.

If that doesn't work, try inserting 'EQL' into Aftermath's victory order parameter.

EQL_aft_include_zpsgadrafjm.png

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Thanks Moogle_X

The Plugin was already below Vict.Aftermath, but I put EQL in the order parameter and now works. Thanks :)

Lamberg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
@Moogle_X

I haven't got ability list in Item and Equip scenes, but there's ok in Shop scene. :|
When YEP_ItemCore & YEP_EquipCore are turned off, ability list appears.

items.pngEquip.pngShop.png

Order of plugins:
    YEP_VictoryAftermath
    YEP_ItemCore
    YEP_ShopMenuCore
    YEP_EquipCore
    Moogle_X_PassiveSkill
    Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning

Help please!

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Lamberg

It's not really noticeable because of your windowskin. But, there is a left/right arrow that show up in the right window. When you see the left/right arrow show up, just press left/right button to "switch page". Just ask an artist to edit the left/right arrow in your windowskin to make it more noticeable. As far as I know, the default engine for MV never use the horizontal arrows anywhere. So, for now just keep in mind that the horizontal arrows will only appear in this plugin only. :D

post-57861-0-65351000-1452711626_zps4e6dlwug.png

post-57861-0-35201100-1452711577_zpsnapuiali.png

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was looking for this :)

Not a big fan of the design though, it looks pretty empty imo

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to version 1.12! :D

Change Log:

- Fixed Equip Skill System bug (actor can equip "unlearnable" skills).
 - Fixed Passive Skills bug (added "unlearnable" skills check).
 - Fixed Yanfly's Auto Passive States bug (added "unlearnable" skills check).
 - Fixed incorrect icon opacity in Window Ability List.

Hopefully there will be no more bugs. BD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999