Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Moogle_X

Hi,

I've a bug, the name of the skill is not above the bar. I tried to reduce the gamefont sie but no luck.

I'm playing with the default resolution.

I also have a suggestion : put an overlay image at the bottom right of screen to notify play that they have to scrool to see the AP window.

bug.png

Edit : here's a litte pic, if you want me to change text or color, tell me.

scroll.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to v.1.13! ;)

New actor notetag is added:

<EQL AP Change x: y%>          // Multiply AP requirement for skill x by y%.

Example:

<EQL AP Change 12: 50%>    // This actor AP requirement for skill 12 is half the standard amount.

@Chaos17

I tried adding the scroll image at the right bottom of the screen. This is the result.

Screenshot%202016-01-22%2023.03.01_zpshbtatuq0.png

I think I need the "left version" of the scroll image as well to make it not to look weird. What do you think?

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Moogle_X I made you 2 versions.

scroll_blue_L.png

scroll_blue_R.png

scroll_blue_L_2.png

scroll_blue_R_2.png

Edit : I still can't reproduce the same design as yours in your screens : name at the left and bar at the right.

bug.png

I think the only solution for me is to have an option to put the skill name above the bar so an Y-axis postion for it :(

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to v1.2! :D

Change Log:

- Added Custom Scroll Images feature.

- Change the drawing order of ability list. Skill name is now drawn last.

- Added option to disable/enable skill icon in Window Ability List.

- Added offset X and offset Y parameters for skill name in Window Ability List.

- Added offset X parameter for "AP" text in Window Ability List.

@Chaos17

With the new update, the skill name will always "at the top".

I also add plenty of new configurations that you can play around to create new altered look.

For example, like this:

EQL_ThankYouChaos17_zpsq5ne37wy.png

Also, let me give you a very personal thank you for the custom images. Implementing new custom sprite and image is always the area that I'm so afraid to explore ever since VXAce era. You can say this plugin update really expands my comfort zone regarding my scripting experience.

Thank you so much! You rocks! :rock-left: :guffaw: :rock-right:

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you very much!

All those new options will allow me to position nicely the skill name.

CmSM54n.png

By the way, I saw that my pictures of the buttons are broken so I uploaded them again here : http://imgur.com/a/5mkcz

Take care and have a nice week-end!

p.s : pm me if you need some pictures again for your scripts ;)

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
V1.2

Am I the only one noticing that AP award reports are stacking at the end of battle, with the previous battles AP award?

The AP actually awarded is normal.

Example: If I earned 10AP in the first battle of the new game, it reports +10 AP. If I earned 10AP int he next battle, it reports +20 AP... But I only gained +10 when I check the equipment AP skills. (20 total AP).

If I'm alone in this issue, I'll need to isolate the conflict. :)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

I reset the Ap Gained data during the battle start. This is the code:

Moogle_X.EQL.Game_Battler_onBattleStart = Game_Battler.prototype.onBattleStart;
Game_Battler.prototype.onBattleStart = function() {
    Moogle_X.EQL.Game_Battler_onBattleStart.call(this);
        this._eqlBattleAp = 0; // << here!
    this._eqlNewSkill = [];
};

This is just a guess... Probably some other script overwrite the onBattleStart method or something.

I'm not exactly sure if that's really the case. :)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Roguedeus Ok, I tested a little (2 battle test) and I don't have your issue. I put the plugin at the bottom of my list.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks guys. I'll figure out whats up and let you know. :)

Edit:

Issues resolved. Plugin order.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This plugin has become a lot more important to my build than I expected. :D

It's making equipment linked skills a lot more intuitive and since I just completed re-organizing my builds class/skill mechanic, I find myself wishing I could do more with it!!

First, (and most importantly) I wanted to check in and see if you still intended to add the ability to see Trait Gained Skills (Not through AP) in the list along with AP gained skills?

Currently, if an equip grants trait skills AND has AP skills, the only way to convey this detail is through the Item Description. It would be much more intuitive, and easy to understand, if all skill information was available in the AP Skill List. :)

Code:
Example:

Skill One             << Equipment Trait >>
Skill Two       <-------------------------- 10/100>
Skill three     <-------------------------- 10/400>

Edit Note: Maybe it would be easier to do if we could simply add a note tag that only lists the skill as a trait skill. But does not gain or display AP. That way you don't need to search the equips traits and all.

Second, I would like to ask for a new feature. But only if you think it would be worth your time. (Its not something I need, but would really like)

Would it be at all possible to limit a skills AP gain to only occur when a specific action occurs? Such that the AP skill would not gain any AP unless a qualified action occurred?

It could be an all or nothing situation, where the skill would gain ZERO AP, unless a qualifying skill was used at least once.

Or it might be that each action awards AP to equipment based on if that equipment accepts AP from that action.

Code:
Example:

- 10AP per action.
- Out of 4 Actions, 2 were of Skill X.
- Any AP Learned skill looking for Skill X actions, will gain 20 AP.
- All other non-specific AP Learned skills gained 40 AP.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

I actually would like to do the first one. But, the thought of performing a "heavy rewriting" is quiet intimidating. :p

Hopefully you are not in the hurry. I'll probably update the plugin in the weekend. But, no guarantee though.

About the second one... Hmm...

How about making some sort of "banlist" in the plugin parameter where you write a list of skills that will not increase any AP when used.

Is that good enough? It's easy to implement. Or do you need a more complex restriction for your project?

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

I actually would like to do the first one. But, the thought of performing a "heavy rewriting" is quiet intimidating. :p

Hopefully you are not in the hurry. I'll probably update the plugin in the weekend. But, no guarantee though.

About the second one... Hmm...

How about making some sort of "banlist" in the plugin parameter where you write a list of skills that will not increase any AP when used.

Is that good enough? It's easy to implement. Or do you need a more complex restriction for your project?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Would the first example be easier to implement if the trait skill was added to the equips AP list like any other AP learned skill, but it simply didn't have an AP bar, and instead had a custom text?

Code:
Example:

Normall Tags:

Shield Equip Note Tag:  <EQL Skill: 23>

Skill 23 Note Tag:      <EQL AP: 120>

Trait Tags:

Shield Equip Note Tag:  <EQL Trait: 23>

Skill 23 Note Tag:      <EQL Trait: Trait Skill> //The text that appears instead of the AP Bar.

Note: The Equip note tag would only be needed to know which skill to find the Trait note tag. 
The custom text is whats shown, rather than the normal AP Learnable Skill. (No skill is actually added for AP processing)

This way Skill 23 could always be assigned for AP learning OR Listed as a Trait. (and would never be permanently learned)

The actual trait skill is assigned to the equip through the database. The plugin won't have to know that. Instead the note tag, only visually adds it.

Hopefully this option won't require a large re-write. I really don't want to make you do that. Having written and re-written scripts for VXAce (many times) I know that pain.

As for the second one. That will work fine as well. A ban list of skills that do not award AP will accomplish the primary reason I had for requesting it. Which is to stop the player from Spamming Guard or other actions in order to gain AP. :) Especially in an ATB where faster actors perform more actions than slower actors. They gain AP substantially faster.

Edit:

Would it be possible to assign the AP granted via an action? Sort of like how AP is Dropped by enemies. AP would be Dropped by the action. Or is that to big a change?

Corvin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to hide a fully learned skill if I unequip the weapon?

Like I can level the skill, but the skill is bound to the weapon or weapon type?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

The plugin is updated to v1.21! :D

Changed Log:

- Added "Display Added Skills" parameter.

- Added "No AP Gain Skill List" parameter.

Now, all of added skills from equipment traits will be shown automatically at the top of the ability list.

The "No AP Gain Banlist" is now added in the parameter.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

The plugin is updated to v1.21! :D

Changed Log:

- Added "Display Added Skills" parameter.

- Added "No AP Gain Skill List" parameter.

Now, all of added skills from equipment traits will be shown automatically at the top of the ability list.

The "No AP Gain Banlist" is now added in the parameter.

Wonderful!

Thank you!! :D

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Moogle_X!  I am very grateful for your plugin, but I wanted to tell you, that if the skill has a long name, will be superimposed on the AP bar. If it had an option to change the Y position of text and bar, I think it would solve. Another thing is about when I look at the equipment in Scene_Items. It gives a huge lag when I pass the cursor over weapons and armor and returns to normalize after closing the window items. One more time, thanks for the plugin!

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Moogle_X

Hi,

I found a bug : new skill appears on the name during the Victory aftermath.

bug.png

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Chaos17

Hmm... It seems I didn't anticipate this issue. I always use high resolution size, so I didn't experience this issue.

Maybe, I should change the way to inform the player when they mastered new skills from their equipment. Like a mini popup on scene map right after battle, maybe?

For a temporary fix, turn off the "Show Aftermath New Skill" parameter until I tweak the plugin for possible alteration. ;)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Moogle_X

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I will do what you suggested.

For my problem, I think if I could move (Y-axis) the skill name under "Ap earned" in battle that will solve my problem because there's enough place.

Sorry for my bad english.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69