Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Moogle_X

Hi. And about issue I found. You will do an update? I really want to use your script o/.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Warrior of the myth:

The lag problem could ve related to a compatibility problem,i dont have that issue.

Chaos 17:

That issue is present in the aftermath as well,Yanfly created an addon to fix the problem with the overlaped learned skills message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Warrior of the myth:

The lag problem could ve related to a compatibility problem,i dont have that issue.

Chaos 17:

That issue is present in the aftermath as well,Yanfly created an addon to fix the problem with the overlaped learned skills message.

I start a new project and I had same lag. Only in Scene_Items. Scene_Equip is good, but when I open Items and pass my cursor over weapon or armor button, I got lag. =/

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
What are your pc specs? In my case i got an old corei3 with 4gb ram and a geforce 610. I tested again in a new project and cannot reproduce that issue. Why dont you try the memory leak fix? Maybe it could help you in some way,it can be found in a Japanese site.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Warrior of the myth:

Chaos 17:

Do you've a link to that fix ?

Because all my plugins are up to date.

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are your pc specs? In my case i got an old corei3 with 4gb ram and a geforce 610. I tested again in a new project and cannot reproduce that issue. Why dont you try the memory leak fix? Maybe it could help you in some way,it can be found in a Japanese site.

Intel dual core 3.0 GHz, ram memory 2 GB, Windows 7, 64 bits and display 1366 x 768. My pc specs have all requirements and MV work well. Only this plugin cause me lag. I have some heavy core and battle plugins and work as well. I will wait if Moogle will do an update, thanks Megablackdragon!

Wolfram

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Moogle_X

Hei Moogle-X first of all, thanks for your plugin, it's awesome.

Now, I exported the game with your plugin + Yanfly Equip Scene/Shop Scene/Item Scene and I just realized that with touch control one cannot swap between the weapon/armor stats and the skill learning panel. Even using the custom scrolls pics (i tought you could tap on them) was no use. Any help?

Edit: just to be clear i'm posting a pic of this

DASDSADSADSADAS.jpg

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does this also support the option of displaying an icon next to the skill name on the equipment in case multiple classes are able to use said weapon? That way we can display an icon representing mage for a mage-only skill, for example. I know it will display the skill's default icon, just wanted to know if we could have the option of replacing it with an icon of our choice without having to alter the actual skill's icon in the database.

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
New update of YEP Equip Core v1.09 allows to change page of equiped items and now it make visual bug with learning skills window.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No!!! Yanfly, what have you done!? I hate to rewrite my plugin again. ;_;
It was a real pain to make it compatible in the first place!

On the bright side, I don't need to implement the touch input anymore since Yanfly already implemented it. :p

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin is updated to v1.22! :D

Change Log:

- Added window compatibility fix with YEP_EquipCore v1.09.

- Added "New Skill Offset Y" parameter.

- Added "New Skill Display Limit" parameter.

- Added touch input for Scene Item (Yanfly's Item Core version).

The window problem with Yanfly's Equip Core should be fixed now.

Also, you can now switch page with touch input too. (Yay! :guffaw: )

@Chaos17

I added 2 new parameters that should hopefully fixed the overlapped text problem in Victory Aftermath.

Try changing your plugin setting to be the same as this screenshot.

EQL_newSkillOffsetY_zpslrkkp8x5.png

If the position still off, try play around with the Offset Y value until you get the perfect position. ;)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
It works! BD

YAY.png

Thank you.

Nev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I started using EquipCore (forgot to activate it until now) and just noticed it wasn't working with this Plugin. So I updated both this Plugin to v1.22 and Equip Core to v1.10 and now I'm getting an error "Cannot set property '_hArrowsHide' of Undefined". It's placed below all the YEP Menu plugins too.

Looking at your last update, it says you made the plugin to be compatible with v1.09 so that might be the issue. Right now I only have v1.08 and now v1.10. Dunno if I could do some digging and find a way to get v1.09. I love this plugin so I'll just go without EquipCore for now until it's been updated.

Lexard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
The plugin is updated to version 1.1!

Change Log:

- Added option to change skill's font name and size in Window Ability List.
- Added actors and classes skills learning restriction.
- Added <EQL No Aftermath> skills notetag.
- Added <EQL Show Switch: x> skills notetag.
- Added <EQL AP Gain Eval> skills notetag.

Some screenshots.

Sorry guys it took me days to finish the update. I had a chronic procrastination issue recently.

The truth is the update only took a mere 4 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :(

@ Roguedeus

I didn't implement your last request, sorry. Your last request requires a rather "heavy rewriting" at the moment. ;_;

Perhaps next time. :p

Hey Moogle_X

First of all, thanks for your great work with your plug in, it's what I was searching for.

But I have a silly doubt, how can you select wich skill restrict on the actors or the classes?

I put 0 on the "All skills Learnable", but no matter what I do after that, my learning skill always appear in gray and I can't make at least one of them to be learnable

Thanks

Gidan90

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi Moogle_X, thanks for the fantastic plugins, it's very usefull. I have a question, it's possible that the actors can't receive AP if are dead or affected from another state? Like FF9 virus, if at the end of battle some actors are affected from virus not receive AP.

Silentwaiter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have recently installed your plugin "Equipment Learning" and I find it's concept amazing. Thank you very much for this plugin. However, I seem to have a problem with the installation. When I try enter the equip tab, the game freezes and the following message appears. 

"Type Error. Cannot Set property '_hArrowsHide' of undefined. 

If possible can you please help me resolve this problem. 

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I have the same problem but it's possible to have variant of this skill learn system ?

(I will say the character win JP but it's for buy skill if he's equiped with a specific weapon or armor.)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I dont have that issue... Are you using some plugin that moddifies the equip scene? Excuse me for my bad english.

fearjunkie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to turn off the AP system? I only want the skills to be learned by a character while they have the armor  equipped, and when they change armor it removes the skills they learned. TL;DR, how do I turn off the 'permanently learn a skill' function?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999