Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to turn off the AP system? I only want the skills to be learned by a character while they have the armor  equipped, and when they change armor it removes the skills they learned. TL;DR, how do I turn off the 'permanently learn a skill' function?

That can be done without a plugin. Just use "Add Skill" through the traits list for each equipment you wish to have add a skill.

ViviCJ

Prince of Parties
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but when a party member is knocked out in battle, they still seem to receive AP.

Does anyone know of a way to turn this off please?

Other than that, LOVE this Plugin!

BlueUltima

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot get this to work :'( 

ViviCJ

Prince of Parties
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if anyone had my problem with AP being awarded on Knockout, it got answered on my thread linked below!

Syas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been playing around with this, and I really like it.  I have one thing I am trying to do (which the author talks about a bit on page 1).

If I have an item which grants 3 Skills, let's call them Fire, Fire II, and Fire III.  I don't want Fire II to show up until the Actor has learned Fire, and Fire III to remain hidden until Fire II is learned.

Anyone have any luck setting something up like that with this?

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there anyway it to where the character learns the skills while walking around?

MasterRob

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful script. A+

Definitely using this! Thank you!

Quick question: If you have multiple pieces of the same equipment equipped on an actor at once, does the AP received get doubled or multiplied so as to learn skills twice as fast, etc.? Being able to multi-equip accessories is a big part of my game. Thanks again. 

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having problems getting this to work. I believe i have followed all the instructions, including putting this plugin near the bottom of my plugin list, below the Yanfly plugins.

I made the weapon with the skill:

problem1.png

Then I set up the skill to learn:

problem2.png

But it doesn't work in game!

problem3.png

As you can see it doesn't even show the skill that you're supposed to learn! it only shows the stats!

The screen below shows the skill ALREADY LEARNED!!! I am using the Yanfly Equip Skill system by the way.

problem4.png

And lastly, in the Victory Aftermath is shows some random screen where AP is not even awarded. This screen shows up before the Battle Spoils are awarded. What is going on???

problem5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a left and right scroll function in the Equip Scene. Not sure why your arrows aren't showing up, but that's how you'll see the AP skills. There's also an extension for this plugin that allows you to use images are left and right scroll indicators. 

Valancourt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK, i was able to see the skill by hitting left and right when the weapon was selected, however i'm not sure why AP is not being awarded and the skill bar is not filling up after battles..

Ganikas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I have a problem in the shop menus. It shows the abilities that can be learned from weapons and equipment but it is always at 0AP even if you've learnt or have started gaining AP on abilities. Is there any way to fix this? 

Thanks in advance.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi there!

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but when a party member is knocked out in battle, they still seem to receive AP.

Does anyone know of a way to turn this off please?

Other than that, LOVE this Plugin!

In the database, Death state notetag (is the fist state) just put <EQL AP Boost: 0%>

Ise no Kaml

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This might sound stupid, but how do you suggest that I copy this plugin into my game? Yanfly just lets me download from a dropbox, but I think this is gonna take a little more effort.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
This might sound stupid, but how do you suggest that I copy this plugin into my game? Yanfly just lets me download from a dropbox, but I think this is gonna take a little more effort.

Click on the link... then clik on the RAW button. After you are in the RAW page (there is only the script in all the page) click CTRL+S and save it on your desktop

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Moogles, is there a way to put an icon (from the icon set) by the skill name in the window when you hover over it to see what skills it teaches? That way the player knows which classes learn the skill? :)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@moldy

I am not quite sure what you meant. But it seems like a pretty difficult thing to do (making a pop up window that respond to mouse position).

I guess I don't have any plan to insert this feature into the plugin. :headshake:

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@moldy

I am not quite sure what you meant. But it seems like a pretty difficult thing to do (making a pop up window that respond to mouse position).

I guess I don't have any plan to insert this feature into the plugin. :headshake:

Oh, no I didn't mean a literal pop up when you hover over the item. I just mean in the equipment's description box that shows the name of the skill. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, the equipment description box had a little icon next to the skill name so you knew which classes could learn them (I know your plugin supports the icon assigned to the skill in the database, but was curious if you could add the option for us to choose which icon to display next to the name - like a class icon instead). Like this:

Untitled.png

EQL_Equip_zps8rsot3pw.png

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@moldy

I updated the plugin to version 1.23 ;)

Added new notetag for skill:

<EQL Custom Icon: x>     // Replace 'x' with new icon index.

Any skills that contain that notetag will show a new icon in the Item, Equip, or Shop menu scene. (Skill menu scene is not affected.)

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@moldy

Ahhhh! Thank you :D

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I get a lot of </span></td></tr> behind mostly everything when installing your latest version of Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning.js and Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem.js.

I checked the file in notepad++ and it seems you have added comments that follows through the tags I mentioned above and ends when the line ends.

I suspect that since the <span>, <td> and <tr> tags do not end that some of the code doesn't work, can someone else confirm this?

Here's a snip:

RPG Maker plugins.JPG

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zayysnapped