Orphansmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin has been driving me crazy. There's a crippling bug where in the Item menu, if you select a simple item like a potion, the screen where you select the character to apply the potion too is obscured by the Abilities window. No combination of plugins or menu scripts will change this, it's solely with this plugin.

It's driving me mad because other than that, this is a REALLY REALLY GREAT PLUGIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a feat of wonderment!! I am not going to use it for my current/main project.. but I can definitely see myself planning something like this for the next one. Excellent work!! :)

-Mia

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I stumbled upon some difficulty when combining EQS and EQL.

Currently my setup is mostly Yanfly plugins. But I use EQL at the end to learn the skills through equipment.

The problem started when I tried to apply EQS as well. As recommended I placed EQL at the bottom of all plugins and I have tested this and it works perfectly.

When I turn ON EQS and assign a slot type to the skills, the skills disappear from "Skills" in main menu and combat. BUT the skills are still viewable when buying the item.

In the Equip Skill (EQS) window I am not able to see any skills, probably because I haven't learnt them yet.

I assume there's some code in EQS that hijacks the skill from the "Skills" (if that makes any sense :p)

Thx for your time.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Orphansmith

At the moment, using Yanfly Item Core is not optional because of a bug that I'm too lazy to fix.

Try install Item Core and try again. Hopefully no window problem this time.

@Tetsujin

EQS must be above EQL.

Combining both plugin will make the process to learn skill more complicated.

The equips must be assigned to a skill. Then actor must equip the equipment, get AP and master the skill. Then, the mastered skills must be equip first before you can use that in battle.

Make sure you do not put extra "complication" like class limitation, party skill sharing, and equip skill blocking and what not (there are a lot). Hopefully you can get the plugin to work.

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
@Tetsujin

EQS must be above EQL.

Combining both plugin will make the process to learn skill more complicated.

The equips must be assigned to a skill. Then actor must equip the equipment, get AP and master the skill. Then, the mastered skills must be equip first before you can use that in battle.

Make sure you do not put extra "complication" like class limitation, party skill sharing, and equip skill blocking and what not (there are a lot). Hopefully you can get the plugin to work.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here's the plugin order I'm currently using:

YEP_SkillCore (v1.10b)

YEP_JobPoints (v1.07)

YEP_SkillLearnSystem (v1.12)

YEP_EquipCore (v1.15)

YEP_AutoPassiveStates (v1.11)

YEP_ItemCore (v1.25)

YEP_ShopMenuCore (v1.03)

Moogle_X_EquipSkillSystem (v1.45)

Moogle_X_EQS_SkillLearnPatch (v1.0)

Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning (v1.22)

Here's a screenshot roll of settings, plugin commands and ingame:

Actor note.JPGSkill snip.JPGWeapon Snip.JPGEquipment window, weapon selection, ability window.JPGSkill Window.JPG

YEP Learn Skill window (JP).JPG

EQS Equip Skill window.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Tetsujin

I can't really comment on JP and Yanfly's Learn Skill part (I assume that's not your main problem here).

As for skills not showing up in Skill Equip menu, try adding this note to actor notebox:

<EQS Max Slots 0 Level 1 to 99: 5>

Since Thunder is type 0, you should be able to have 5 empty slots (type 0) that can be equipped with Thunder now.

Tetsujin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
@Tetsujin

I can't really comment on JP and Yanfly's Learn Skill part (I assume that's not your main problem here).

As for skills not showing up in Skill Equip menu, try adding this note to actor notebox:

<EQS Max Slots 0 Level 1 to 99: 5>

Since Thunder is type 0, you should be able to have 5 empty slots (type 0) that can be equipped with Thunder now.

This worked :)  Thank you!

This is pretty complicated and I think it's testing the plugin to the max. I thought about maybe making it possible to forget skills that are learned, but I've read that it's kind of off-road, so I'll drop it :)

I didn't think this plugin would be so important to the game I'm making, but it's a great mechanic and deserves a lot of recognition. You rock! ;)

Orphansmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Moogle_X I actually found a solution, just re-positioning where the plugins are in the folder. It may create a bug down the road, but so far it's working.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Question:

Would it be possible to use this plugin to restrict abilities that the characters already know? I kinda want to have a armor with very high stats but disables your ability to use healing spells, for example.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Canini you can do it by default using traits that the item has

Pith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I would love to use it but it seems to be incompatible with YEP_EquipCore(v1.16) plugin despite dollowing the advice of putting it after said plugin. Entering the Equip option throws this eror message:

"Type Error. Cannot Set property '_hArrowsHide' of undefined"

Following this thread it would seem to work with older versions so it's probably a recent compability issue. Any way to fix it? 

Dmgpkk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
it wont let me change the ap needed for the skills its stuck on 100 any advise?

Stray_Love

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so where do I put the file exactly??

Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to use it but it seems to be incompatible with YEP_EquipCore(v1.16) plugin despite dollowing the advice of putting it after said plugin. Entering the Equip option throws this eror message:

"Type Error. Cannot Set property '_hArrowsHide' of undefined"

Following this thread it would seem to work with older versions so it's probably a recent compability issue. Any way to fix it?

installing the YEP_ItemCore seems to fix the issue

Chantal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for this amazing script, Moogle_X :)
It reminds me a lot of the Lost Odyssey system, and I've fallen in love with it. It'll elevate my game to the next level. I'm sure many people feel the same!!

If someone here could help me set it up just right, I'd be very much obliged.
1. The help files show how to add multiple learnable skills to one item, however I cannot find a way to have said skills have different AP values required to learn them. It feels as if this should already be possible, but I cannot seem to find it.
2. If possible, I'd like only certain items to show the 'learn skill' screen. Right now it always shows the screen and says 'none' when no skills are to be learned. Would it be possible to remove this screen entirely if the item has no skills to be learned? (it's a silly visual preference :p)

Thank you very much again!
Xx

Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for this amazing script, Moogle_X :)
It reminds me a lot of the Lost Odyssey system, and I've fallen in love with it. It'll elevate my game to the next level. I'm sure many people feel the same!!

If someone here could help me set it up just right, I'd be very much obliged.
1. The help files show how to add multiple learnable skills to one item, however I cannot find a way to have said skills have different AP values required to learn them. It feels as if this should already be possible, but I cannot seem to find it.
2. If possible, I'd like only certain items to show the 'learn skill' screen. Right now it always shows the screen and says 'none' when no skills are to be learned. Would it be possible to remove this screen entirely if the item has no skills to be learned? (it's a silly visual preference :p)

Thank you very much again!
Xx

Hi so for the

1º insert <EQL AP: x> in the skill's notebox

2º i don't think that is possible, and since the plugin is no longer supported i will never be...

Bey ;)

Chantal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi so for the

1º insert <EQL AP: x> in the skill's notebox

2º i don't think that is possible, and since the plugin is no longer supported i will never be...

Bey ;)

Merci beaucoup, Tatsumaro!
1. I just had the biggest DERP moment when reading to insert the notetag into the skill's notebox. I'd been inserting them into the weapon's/armour's...
2. Ahw, it's a shame it's no longer supported. It's such an amazing plugin!
As a simple workaround I simply replaced the 'Abilities' and '-none-' text with a space. It's a bit crude, but effective enough :)

Thanks again!

Including Me

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ita, Es, Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Guys!
I was trying this plugin creating an unique armor witch allows my actors to learn a skill.
I can equip it by pressing on "Optimize Equip", but i can't equip it manually: when i check the armor in the equip menu the game crashes and i get this message:

"Cannot read property 19 of undefined"

Of course 19 is the ID of my desired Skill.

I've already installed the YEP_Item_Core, any suggestions?

EDIT: I solved this starting a new game. Any way to implement the Equip Learning on my first game?

Attachments

• type error rpg maker mv.jpg
    type error rpg maker mv.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Treydon

Hobby Gamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Everyone! First off to introduce myself, my name is Treydon. and secondly thanks to you Moogle_X for the great plug-in. You and all other coders do amazing work for all of us fans and I want to speak for everyone when I say we truly appreciate it!

I am working on a project right now as a hobby. And I am working on making a really unique cast of characters. I'm trying to give them all something that sets them apart from each other and the player will be able to take who they want in their party (like Final Fantasy VI). To get to the point, I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to make this plug-in turn on/off whenever my one actor is in the party? So that you cannot gain AP if he/she is not with the group as no other characters will need it. And it will not display the ap gain message or show the abilities section on weapons that aren't for that character in the equip screen as he/she will use his/her own unique 'Spellblades'

If it's not possible I understand. Just thought it would be a cool way to create some diversity in a large cast of characters.

Thanks!

bloodyliao

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to change the fontsize of AP Text (the text vocab for AP)?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonahcisco