Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a bit of a question, I'm using an action battle system in my game (Falcao Pearl ABS), so the battles don't take place in the battle scene. I'm using the AP level up module, so I was wondering if there was either:

1. Any way to make the AP be given outside of the battle scene? 

Or

2. Is there a script call that I can use to give AP to the party?

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The code used to give AP to the battle party at the end of the battle is

$game_party.battle_members.each do |actor|
actor.gain_equip_ap($game_troop.ap_total) unless actor.death_state?
end

I just checked and it works fine as a script call.  Simply change $game_troop.ap_total to however much ap you want to give to the party.  However I imagine the equip level up message would be a hindrance in an action battle system so if needed then within the Leveling by AP script find line 64 which should be i.equip_level_message(self.name, i) and either remove it or comment it out.

I'm not all that familiar with Falcao's ABS so I haven't tested it with that to see if there's anything else that needs doing but I hope this helps.

vork88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The code used to give AP to the battle party at the end of the battle is

$game_party.battle_members.each do |actor|
actor.gain_equip_ap($game_troop.ap_total) unless actor.death_state?
end

I just checked and it works fine as a script call.  Simply change $game_troop.ap_total to however much ap you want to give to the party.  However I imagine the equip level up message would be a hindrance in an action battle system so if needed then within the Leveling by AP script find line 64 which should be i.equip_level_message(self.name, i) and either remove it or comment it out.

I'm not all that familiar with Falcao's ABS so I haven't tested it with that to see if there's anything else that needs doing but I hope this helps.i am using the exp not ap

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That reply was for Vis_Mage but due to design decisions the instructions for the exp version is almost identical.  As for your other problem I think it would be caused by a change to the leveling base script line 46.  By default it is

Level_Prefix = ' +%s'

Where the % is where the equip's level would end up.  If you removed the % then the level wouldn't show.

vork88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That reply was for Vis_Mage but due to design decisions the instructions for the exp version is almost identical.  As for your other problem I think it would be caused by a change to the leveling base script line 46.  By default it is

Level_Prefix = ' +%s'

Where the % is where the equip's level would end up.  If you removed the % then the level wouldn't show.OH sorry

Level_Prefix = ' +%s'

Where the % is where the equip's level would end up.  If you removed the % then the level wouldn't show.
Thanks that help

TheChatotMaestro

doesn't know what she's doing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a script call that I can use to reference the level of an armor? You'll only ever get one of them through the whole game, and there's a point where you need a certain level of the armor in order to get something else.

Last edited:

CoGDork

That's Me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What precisely does the "price" thing do in the leveling base scripts? Is it as simple as it sounds (how much exp/gold/whatever needed to level up) or is it something more complicated?

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Price in the Base scripts is simply how much the equipment is worth, an adjustment to how much money you earn from selling it after each upgrade.

The Shop Upgrade Scene has a Price Mod which determines how much each upgrade costs, determined by said price.

SailorRose

Pietro Fattorello
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm using the equipment upgrade scene for a blacksmith type store... And whenever I bring up the scene, it's all empty even though my character has all of his armor and weaponry equipped.

I have to unequip his items in order to see them. Any idea what might be causing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

I've invented a cheap way to manipulate weather. Should I get it patented?
It's change from frikin' hot to beautiful at the cost of only 4 beers.
I think is french enough.
Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
layer6ai