Equipment Makes Classes

Holographicmatt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had an idea to make it so that your character can equip whatever he/she wants and depending on what you have equipped will give you a class.

My problem is, I'm not really sure where to start and I've looked, but found nothing about this.

Any ideas? With or without script. I assume this can be done with variables.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well, it can certainly be done in engine.

Basically you'll have a common event run when exiting the menu that wil check the character's equipment and depending on the equipment will change the character's class accordingly.

It will be very tedious however because you'll have to check slot per slot for each actor what they have, assign it to variables and then check all the variables before deciding the class. It could get quite complex depending on the number of different equipment slots and classes.

This could probably be simplified a lot if you organize your database in a way that all equipment that will lead to the same class is within a certain range. This would allow you to check for weapon id between 1 to 5 for knight class instead of checking for weapon id 1 or 3 or 17 or 234 for knight class. That should save you a lot of conditionnals.

It can be done in engine but it will be a hassle. If you want the class to change while you're in the menu then it will require a plugin.

Holographicmatt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it can certainly be done in engine.

Basically you'll have a common event run when exiting the menu that wil check the character's equipment and depending on the equipment will change the character's class accordingly.

It will be very tedious however because you'll have to check slot per slot for each actor what they have, assign it to variables and then check all the variables before deciding the class. It could get quite complex depending on the number of different equipment slots and classes.

This could probably be simplified a lot if you organize your database in a way that all equipment that will lead to the same class is within a certain range. This would allow you to check for weapon id between 1 to 5 for knight class instead of checking for weapon id 1 or 3 or 17 or 234 for knight class. That should save you a lot of conditionnals.

It can be done in engine but it will be a hassle. If you want the class to change while you're in the menu then it will require a plugin.
That is a lot of work. Haha I'm going to see what I can do

MightyEgg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The simplest but tedious if you have to many weapons https://prnt.sc/t1qawl

Dont know what I made works but you can figure about it.

If you dont know why have 2 IFs at the same row.
Is for make the engine check if you have the 2 equipments equiped at once.

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want one piece of equipment to define the class, this plugin should do the trick:

Otherwise, I can't think of any other way than the aforementioned ones. MightyEggs one seems quite efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarina