hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Got a fun question here.
In my game I made a skill system that incorporates one of the 'common event On equip' plugins (cant remember name of it) What this skill system does.
-Made a new armor type called [Gems]
-There is one for the main 4 elements
-When equipped, certain moves will change into different moves.
-When unequipped moves will revert back.
-Some moves can be permanently learned through multiple battles and others wont.
-Permanently learned moves will also let you keep the original move without needing to worry about what gem you have equipped.
What I would like is a screen on the equip menu or even another menu entirely, that tells you what available skills become other skills when a [Gem] is highlighted to be equipped.

Any thoughts

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did something similar, using states. For instance: when a character is wearing a full set of a armor (head, chest, legs and arms), a bonus is applied. A state is also attached to this bonus. There are a few ways to see states, easier is probably through a status screen.

I'm also using Olivia's tooltips... it helped me do what I wanted, but have a hard time recommending it as it's quite expensive and the coder decided to encrypt their code, so it cannot be tweaked or modified to taste.

I'm circling the result below in red, when you put the mouse over a state.

1610573089925.png

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the info.
Is tehere something more along the lines of
-When equipment is highlighted on the select screen a window will pop up previewing the kill changes? (i can use a formula in a var to print everything).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231