Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright straight to the point, I am searching for a script, I went looking on the RGSS3 forums but I didn't find it, of course I may not have searched hard enough in the forum.

Anyway the script I seek is one that has skills tied to equipment for example:

Anna equips Silver Flute in the Accessory slot, Anna learns Dulcet Tune, and if she removes the Silver Flute she loses the skill.

However I also need the skill learned depend on the Actor equipping the Item, For Example:

Anna learns Dulcet Tune if she equips the Silver Flute,

but Barry learns Piercing Ballad if he equips the Silver Flute.

I need something of that measure.

PS. If it is possible to make Key Items equip-able to the accessory slot I would greatly appreciate knowing how. However for the most part it is, more or less Unrelated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you don't need a script to do this, it can be done with features alone.

To use a skill, the actor needs both the skill feature and the skill type feature.

You add the feature "learn Skill" for the correct skill to the armor or weapon you want to equip.

If you add the skill type feature to the weapon in the same way, everyone can use the skill as long as the weapon/armor is equipped.

If you add the skill type feature for the skill to an actor, then all actors with that skill type feature can use the skill upon equipping the weapon/armor, the others not.

Key items can never be equipped. However, you can use an equip manager skript to create new types of equipment and new equipment slots.

somuchrainbow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you might be talking about this one by Fomar015. I've never used that script, so I'm not sure if it can vary based on actor.

Also as a side note, I think you might be able to do this without a script by editing the Features of the item.

Hope this helps.

~Saturn

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
See but that doesn't solve the problem by using features, I don't see how I could have it set up for multiple skills be learned by actors dependent on who they are.

Like the Silver Flute abilities are all supposed to be learned as Special Skills, however since both Dulcet Tune and Piercing Noise are Special Skills, and everyone is capable of learning Special Skills they would learn both skills when I want certain actors to learn one or the other.

somuchrainbow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
See but that doesn't solve the problem by using features, I don't see how I could have it set up for multiple skills be learned by actors dependent on who they are.

Like the Silver Flute abilities are all supposed to be learned as Special Skills, however since both Dulcet Tune and Piercing Noise are Special Skills, and everyone is capable of learning Special Skills they would learn both skills when I want certain actors to learn one or the other.
If Fomar's script doesn't work, then you might have to turn this into a script request (unless you find a script that I haven't found). You're right though, what you're requesting can't be done with features alone. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

~Saturn

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If the issue is that you want everyone to have the same name for their skill type make multiple Special Skills and assign accordingly.  To make it easier while making the game, name the Skill Type with the actor's name then before publishing change all the names to Special Skills.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I sort of thought this was a Script Request, I mean it definitely is if no such script exists.

Anyway thank you for trying, and I will play around with Fomar's script, however looking at the comments on that topic what I want can't be done.

EDIT: I was Ninja Posted!!!  :o

Anyway the reason I wasn't sure about doing what you described Bon, was that wouldn't I need to create multiple of the same skills since I can only assign one skill type to said skill?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh I assumed Special Skills were only for skills learned from equipment and most were going to be unique.

If that's not the case then a script would probably be better.

Edit:

Or you could use this Assign Multiple Skill Types Script

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No the skills for the most part will be the same to elaborate better the only learnable skills from say the Silver Flute would be as stated several times: Dulcet Tune, and Piercing Ballad.

Anna, Sarah, Quinn, and Lysander would all learn Dulcet Tune.

Barry, Erik, and David would all learn Piercing Ballad.

So there is my predicament, trying to get said actors to learn that specific skill, without learning the other one, and without making a lot of copies of the same skill. Also that it be tied to the equipment and that once the item is removed, so is the skill.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using the features will cause the skill to be removed when the equipment is removed, so combining it with link I edited in to my above post should accomplish this.  It will still be messy and a lot of work, but it should work.

If there was a script that just allowed you set the skill on the equipment that would be nice, but I don't know of one. 

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Or use Yanfly's Hide Menu Skills

on the skills use the tag

<hide eval>
[2, 3, 4].include?(@actor.id)
</hide eval>

were the numbers are the actor ids you don't want to learn the skill.

Then you can use the add skill feature on the equipment.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bon that should work as it seems simpler than doing a longer way around, so thank you.

I suppose that with the scripts I have I could have a potentially decent battle system. (Too bad the game won't be built around the RPG Concept, so regardless most battles should be fairly easy. I just wanted the skills and the usage to be realistic.)

While I was typing I got two new replies and the last one you just provided, may be perfect... Although the first one worked, and now I have to stop doing what I was doing. (Ha ha, ha)\

EDIT: GASP!  :o

It would seem Yanfly's Dropbox links give a 509! That was unexpected.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyway the reason I wasn't sure about doing what you described Bon, was that wouldn't I need to create multiple of the same skills since I can only assign one skill type to said skill?
This old tutorial shows something similiar and tricks the player into believing there is only one type of "weapon" skill group:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/10235-a-way-to-customize-skill-useconditions-without-scripting/

It might help you sort out how to handle multiple skill groups while pretending they are all the same, and assigning skills to weapons in a form that any actor uses a different skill variant stored in the same weapon - it can easily be adapted to magic or armors, the weapons were only the simplest example.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
literoticastory