Equipment star ranking system

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin or plugins that will allow me to create a star ranking system for equipment.

For example let's say I have a sword and it requires 1 stone to allow it to rank up 1 star. Which increases power by X%, then to rank up to 2 stars it requires 2 stones etc. But once it's reached the 4th star it requires a copy of the gear to ascend to 5 stars and every 5th star it will repeat.

Also having the gear the ability to advance. From like a common quality to even rarer quality through an advancement tap with in the selected equipment as well.

Don't know if it made sense but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Argentdragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can help answer part of this, however, you may need to do more research into other plugins to help especially with requiring a second copy of the gear to upgrade it to a 5th star.

I'm not sure if you're already using this plugin or know of it, but if you're willing to support an awesome plugin maker, Yanfly has a few that would work well together, but they are not free. You would need at least the following three: Equip Core Plugin, Item Core Plugin, and for upgrading gear - the Item Upgrade Slots Plugin. They have very detailed youtube videos which can help with how the plugins work and all the functions they offer.

You could actually use this to change the icon of the gear (say a sword with 1 star in the image) to have an increasing level of stars with each slot that is filled with the same gear icon. (Basic example of what I mean in the spoilers below).
Star1.png -> Star2.png -> Star3.png

Again, you would need to do a little more research with how to make it so that the 5th star can only be achieved by using that gear copy.

Some other plugins you could try that would achieve a similar effect would be Himework's Equip Slots Core, and Bobstah's Equipment Socketing & Upgrade System (though this one may Yanfly's plugins, I'm not sure).

All of these would allow you to be able to make the gear from a common quality to an even rare quality. I hope this helps! (Also I hope it's okay for me to post this!)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow!! That's awsome Info. I really do appreciate it that! I had no idea I could achieve something like this with yanflys. I already have all the plugins. Got it from his collection deal he did.
There is just so many, I've yet to learn what they all can do.
I will definitely look into how to use the ones you suggested for sure and hopefully achieve what I want.
Thanks a bunch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KenSoulslayer