Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys

For Example ; the critical strike will deal 300% damage.
and I would like to make an accessory that reduces the critical damage by 50%.

So, if an enemy attacks a character with the accessory equipped, he will still receive critical damage (total =150%).

I'm using Yanfly Critical Control.

Thanks in advance.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not doable by default, you'd need a plug-in for this.

Moved to Plug-in Support

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's likely there is a more comfortable solution with the Critical Control plugin you mentioned, but you could also achieve this regardless by expanding the damage formulas of all relevant items:

(original formula) * (b.result().critical ? b.elementRate(12) : 1)

This would multiply the damage by the targets affinity to element 12 if the attack is a critical strike while not affecting non-critical strikes.

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
It works correctly thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowned_gaming_youtube