Equipment that effects random encounter types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I am wanting to create a piece of equipment that raises stats of the equipped user, but in return cause the party to begin encountering a specific enemy via random encounter-

In the case of my project, normally a specific enemy is never encountered in normal play, but when a party member has a specific headgear equipped and only while it is equipped, this specific enemy type will be encounter-able. How would I go about doing this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin.
the only effect that could be done by default traits is to increase or decrease the amount of random encounter, but the enemies on the random encounter list are fixed (unless you'll use a plugin that gives you options for a dynamic random encounter list.

Other than that you can only try to mix hidden evented encounters into your random encounters.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Other than that you can only try to mix hidden evented encounters into your random encounters.
You mean hidden on-map encounters instead of random encounters?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes - but not instead.
have the random encounters as you want them, and add a few regular map encounters set to move randomly (so that they look less planned) without sprite (to be invisible) and conditioned to the existance of the item, with on touch trigger and battle processing to the rare enemy.

that way they will appear as much like a true random encounter as possible (short delay after being defeated or completely gone then).

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ah, so essentially a page that checks if the item is equipped and if it is, triggers a encounter page that chases the player?

EDIT: Pretty much have the event set up like this?
2018-07-11 (1).png

EDIT 2: Just tested the event and it works like I wanted. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradzackyle