Equippable Card Battle System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by redspark, Nov 3, 2015.

1. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a big request.  Attached is a PDF of a Battle System's set of rules that I ran across on a game mechanics website (link to the site is in the PDF).  This is a Equippable Card Battle System where the equipped items and class of the character (perhaps even race) gives a list of available cards within the deck.  The level of the character determines what cards are available to be added to the deck.  Some items require an minimum level to equip.  Once equipped, the cards that are available to be added to the deck each have a minimum level before they are available to be added.

If cards were defined as items and then linked to both classes and items in the notes, perhaps it would allow you to implement this kind of battle system.  Cards need to be able to be defined by the player, so that is why I suggest making them items.  Using the card would be like using an item.

Each character would have their own deck and hand of cards.  The Hero class would give you the most cards in their deck while the rest of the NPCs would have a smaller deck that are automatically managed.

Cards need to have a background image when displayed rather than using the window frame.  Then the definition is printed over that image to make the card.  Perhaps another image and whatever values are needed for the card such as damage or bonuses.

Anyone interested in implementing this type of Card Combat?  If you have any questions, let me know.  Thanks.

CardCombat.pdf

Attached Files:

2. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    bumping

3. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I find the rule set in the PDF file to be... rather "restrictive". Even if I manage to write the whole plugin, chances are not many people will end up using it because it's way too specific.

I prefer to do it with slightly different rule like:

1. More emphasize on deck building. All cards are collectible items. There are no class-related or equip-related cards.

2. All party members' deck can be edited freely.

3. Each card represent a skill in the database. There is no "movement" related card.

4. Cards are simply shown as a list instead of flashy custom image. It's easier to implement and make it compatible with other menu and battle plugins.

I believe there was a script like this for VX Ace though.

4. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I appreciate your response.  However, the point of my request was to have a specific card combat system or a plugin that can form the basis for that.  There are a few popular games such as Guild of Dungeoneering and Card Hunter that use a similar approach to combat.  If you would like a different set of rules, please don't hi-jack my request.  Submit your own.  Thanks.

5. Kest

Kest The Ecstasy of Gold Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Uhh dude don't be so snippy, you're talking to the author of a deckbuilding plugin and "hijacking" your request is certainly the last thing he had in mind.

I checked that pdf earlier, looks like a tall order for MV. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  6. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry.  I'm not having a good day and blew up at the wrong person.  Sorry Moogle.  I should have read your comment closer.  If it is too specific, then I'll remove my request.

7. Jeremy Cannady

Jeremy Cannady Coldfire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Has anyone done this yet? Do we have an update?

8. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No.  No one has done this yet.  Would love to see something like this done.  Thanks.