Eredia: Diary of Heroes

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by RishigangiX, Mar 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Destroshard

Destroshard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    oh yeah np, i get that it was intended to be difficult and i don't wish that to be changed but that it should just be a little more balanced. like more ways for gold or something to help and i only say this cause from a gamer perspective testing out someones game i just see there may be something needing attention like this sort of thing. i see you wish there to be more than one difficulty setting so i am testing out the hardest mode your game offers players. obviously you want players to be able to beat the game no matter how hard the difficulty is. plus you planned on eventually selling the game to steam right? having all the bugs and balance issues fixed before that happens would be a goal to have complete. if the hardest mode was like too unbalanced kinda type hard people may not play a mode that is suppose to be apart of the game. plus it should be rewarding to play it on that hard of a mode as well. i know about the crystal, but its just for testing so i'm gonna try to finish it on this mode its only way i can fully know just how much the games gonna offer throughout the story on its hardest difficulty.

RishigangiX likes this.
  2. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    nice ! :D  

RishigangiX likes this.
  3. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I played a bit of the demo... got wiped out by some minotaur in a cave... forgot to save much to my dismay and now I can't beat the second guy in the intro... go figure.

Anyways, nice game! Keep up the good work!

RishigangiX likes this.
  4. Robert Trent

Robert Trent Level Designer Member

First Language:
    English/Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Great project man ! It seems really detailed and well done.
    I love the time/clock plugin and HUD, it's an exclusive plugin for your project ?
    Keep on going this way !

RishigangiX likes this.
  5. InBlast

InBlast The Mad Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Robert Trent likes this.
  6. Robert Trent

Robert Trent Level Designer Member

First Language:
    English/Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  7. RishigangiX

RishigangiX Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English

I understand the point you are trying to make.
    I will add more options like more ways to earn gold and maybe some repeatable contracts so that the players in the hardest difficulty level can get stronger by grinding and stuff.
    Of course, by the time the game will be ready to sell, there will be tons more options to explore. The difficulty levels were a bit experimental for now, so far I have tested the first three, but haven't tested the last one, maybe that's why it is a bit unbalanced. ^^

Thanks ^^

Even though I might add an autosave later down the road, its always wise to save often, not just in Eredia, but in any RPG game you play. I have even hinted that in the game's tutorial. ;)

I'm glad you like it! ;)
    As InBlast said, it is one of Mog's plugins. Only the BattleHUD, victory and level up screens, CGs and the some of the menus are custom for now, but might later replace the RTP tilesets down the road as well.

8. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RishigangiX I made a newbie mistake... hindsight and all. I enjoyed what I did play though!

9. RishigangiX

First Language:
    English
    @Arcmagik Happens to all of us from time to time, even to the experienced players. I'm glad you enjoyed. ^^

10. Century2Knight

Century2Knight Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm enjoying the demo. the story is solid, I love your character's interaction, I have a feeling

that someone from the intro will become a mastermind behind the bad things, hehe just a random guess though.

I'm looking forward for the final release, is it commercial? I'm curious about the full features,

I mean, man, that's pretty insane workload you have there. Keep it up.

11. RishigangiX

First Language:
    English
    Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying. ^^

Yes, the game will be commercial. All the mentioned features (except for the romance, a bit skeptical on it) will be implemented, if not more.

12. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    hey i know this may sound noob but how do you make an event with like a mob or sparkle image with item pick up upon action button go away afterwards? i only see exit eventing and erase event options and neither work right. its one of the reasons i don't do much storyline cause its not very well explained in tutorials that i have looked at and the tutorials are not specific to what i try to do. i am one of those people that need step by step info with new things i've never done before. they seem picky about such threads being posted in forums too as well so. last one was closed even though i thought it was for asking such questions about my own project.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  13. RishigangiX

First Language:
    English
    Use self switches, turn a self switch on after the item is picked up and create a blank event page with a higher priority that uses the self switch as a trigger condition. Erase events are only useful if you want the event to reappear when you re-enter the map, for example on-screen encounters.

Update 1.3.2

Autosave feature added. 
    Removed all autoshadows. 
    Replaced many RTP tiles with custom ones, world map recolored. 
    Fixed a tiling issue for indoors. Replaced all small 1x1 doors with 1x1.5 doors. 
    Fixed balancing issues on higher difficulty levels. 
    Increased selling price of junk, monster drops. More ways to earn sharins in earlier stages of the game. 
    Fixed a design issue where the present clock was displayed in past cutscenes. 
    Fixed many small bugs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
    EdgeMaverick and Destroshard like this.
  14. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    ok yes but the issue i have is after it lets say get the item from a crack in a wall or kill the boss/npc i want it to remove the event afterwards and stay gone.

oh wow nevermind i just tried it on first page after END exit processing i think i understand now. it works

finally!! that always bothered me for so long couldn't figure it out lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  15. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the info and thanks for the new update! your awesome!

16. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    just figured i'd mention the text in the conversation repeats "If you If you" during the quest where you finally catch the sheep. great changes so far like the new artwork on the boss knight guy in beginning too, the  Gryphon mount he is on seems maybe a little too dark though, can't see its body detail that well unless during flashing skills. and save files wouldn't accept, so have to start over which is fine with me. its what testing is all about lol. will keep you updated as i find more. :)

RishigangiX likes this.
  17. RishigangiX

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the report, I will fix the typo. ^^

Wait, so you mean to say the previous save files are not compatible? It worked fine for me... Wonder what's the issue.

I appreciate you letting me know, I will look into it.

Also, the War God difficulty should be playable now, even though it is still extremely challenging as advertised. Let me know what you think of the new balancing. :)

18. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    yeah i transferred the files over and into the save folder of the new demo save folder and when running the game i tried clicking on continue but just get a buzzer sound SE. i noticed you added in a auto save feature maybe that has messed with it or something? not sure. unless i need to put the save files somewhere different that i'm not aware of...

so far so good on the war god mode much easier than before, i almost want to say a tad too easy. but as that was just the intro area i'll continue it may get harder. i've been focusing a bit more today on some of my own content lol. i seriously wish Galv would make that fishing plugin already, he basically told me when he gets more support(patreon) that he will have more time to put more work toward it but its on his to-do list. :(    that just makes it sound to me like NO not untill i get paid first rofl.

19. Destroshard

First Language:
    English
    currently having an issue with getting BGM's to play what i want during a npc i setup to battle. i've tried it many different ways but nothing seems to work right. any advice? thats page 1 the other page is just self switch a so the event exits. Also just noticed theres a difference between the save files!! i may just have to rename the save file to the new format and that probably changed because of the auto save plugin you used. the original save files would just look like

"file1.rpgsave"  but after creating a new save game file then checking the folder it shows it now as

"file-1.rpgsave" that dash changes it. messed up how the smallest things like that change everything. well nevermind thats not the only thing that changed it apparently, just tested that out and it changed nothing. one more detail i noticed as well is when i tried moving the save file i made in slot one out of the folder and put it back. then it stopped working as well. so whatever save files you make they can't be moved or else they stop working. which sounds to me some kind of security thing with the game folders u got there.

http://prntscr.com/byc46m

20. SquallStorm

SquallStorm Resident Persona 5 Hyper Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok, so, I finally completed the demo. Some general notes.

I LOVED the fight with the true demon, and I won't lie that thing's roar scared the **** out of me.  Second, the balancing is much better now. I didn't get one shot by random encounters on the standard difficulty. I'm extremely interested in playing the final version.

Some things to point out, however. I suggest having someone read over the dialogue and proofread as you write, because its riddled with errors. I could understand what you were trying to say, but given my degree was in English Lit, everyone else may not be so fortunate. Second, whatever you're using for the autosave plug-in deletes your secondary save files.

Otherwise good luck and this is something I'll be watching very closely.

RishigangiX likes this.