Eredia: Diary of Heroes

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah i transferred the files over and into the save folder of the new demo save folder and when running the game i tried clicking on continue but just get a buzzer sound SE. i noticed you added in a auto save feature maybe that has messed with it or something? not sure. unless i need to put the save files somewhere different that i'm not aware of...

so far so good on the war god mode much easier than before, i almost want to say a tad too easy. but as that was just the intro area i'll continue it may get harder. i've been focusing a bit more today on some of my own content lol. i seriously wish Galv would make that fishing plugin already, he basically told me when he gets more support(*******) that he will have more time to put more work toward it but its on his to-do list. :(    that just makes it sound to me like NO not untill i get paid first rofl.

Maybe try renaming your previous save files to increment the order by one.
Try renaming File1 to File2, and File2 to File3 and so on. Let me know if that works.
Haha, no comments about the fishing plugin. xD

Hmm... I didn't understand your question about the BGM error, could you cite an example?

Ok, so, I finally completed the demo. Some general notes.

I LOVED the fight with the true demon, and I won't lie that thing's roar scared the **** out of me.  Second, the balancing is much better now. I didn't get one shot by random encounters on the standard difficulty. I'm extremely interested in playing the final version.

Some things to point out, however. I suggest having someone read over the dialogue and proofread as you write, because its riddled with errors. I could understand what you were trying to say, but given my degree was in English Lit, everyone else may not be so fortunate. Second, whatever you're using for the autosave plug-in deletes your secondary save files.

Otherwise good luck and this is something I'll be watching very closely.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;)

I will definitely get the game proofread before the final release.

The problem is more with the speed at which I am writing the text, rather than my overall grasp of the language, which sometimes can be the cause of unwanted typos or grammatical errors. Do you remember any instances of typing errors which really stood out? If you can point some out, I will fix them up right away.

Does the autosave remove all save files or just the first one?
Try renaming the files with a single increment and let me know if that works.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Squalls right no matter what you do it overwrites slot 2 through whatever in save files and can't load them afterwards. it only uses the autosave file and overwrites the format or something within the other save slots. the files will be in the folder still but can't be loaded within the game.

http://prntscr.com/byc46m

view above link to view a picture of what i have setup for the BGMs. i deleted the way i had it setup but maybe you can let me know where to add each bgm? right now its set to speak to an enemy npc that initializes a battle, but instead of it playing the bgm thats in my database under system, i want it to play something specific i have in the comments to play for that battle. nothing i do seems to get it to work, it just plays the system database set bgm instead. 

also noticed one other thing in your game thats never been addressed, you have no helm type gear in shops for Kenrad or Elric only found that cloth hat for casters.

just found new bug after first time finding Rouanda or whatever the name is in the back rooms of the Inn when you go to let her change and kenrad speaks to elric about what they saw. you are standing in the wall instead of the stairway. since the autosave is an issue currently it now has me stuck in that spot and saved there so now i must start a new game to continue. below is a Link you can view what i mean.

http://prntscr.com/byd6fa

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
found another new issue i think.... i believe i just realized after i think i die on kenrad and revive at the inn. it unequipped everything off him... was random and wondering why he was so much weaker all of a sudden.

also just wondering how you made sun beams? is that from a plugin?

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will try fixing the saves issue, does the problem remain when you create saves using this version, or is it when loading saves created with older versions?
Are you unable to load save files from any other slot but the autosave?

For battles, you use the command "Change Battle BGM" before the fight.

Helm type gear will be found in the third town onwards, they are not made available early in the game.

Ah, sorry about that... I will fix it right away.
I redid some of the interiors, that might've been the issue.

I don't know what is causing the character to unequip, I have not put any events for this, I will check it.

No, that is done by simply showing a picture with the help of an event and then synchronizing it with the day/night system. ^^

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will try fixing the saves issue, does the problem remain when you create saves using this version, or is it when loading saves created with older versions?
Are you unable to load save files from any other slot but the autosave?

Helm type gear will be found in the third town onwards, they are not made available early in the game.

Ah, sorry about that... I will fix it right away.
I redid some of the interiors, that might've been the issue.

I don't know what is causing the character to unequip, I have not put any events for this, I will check it.

No, that is done by simply showing a picture with the help of an event and then synchronizing it with the day/night system. ^^

yeah i figured out another way for sun beams and i have them now. but it took my downloading gimp cause i don't have photoshop. and i just used Foreground plugin that came with rpgmaker.

but anyways, as for the save files it wipes any saves new or old if they are used. like if you close the game and restart it back up they are all gone except for the autosave file. but when you save during the game without closing it and ingame back out to main menu then you can load the other saves but that don't matter much if they just stop working when you close and try playing next day lol.

ok np about the helms.

and also np about the stuck in the wall thing, it happens. thank god for testing right?

as for the bgm's i finally got the first part except now all the random encounters now have same song. so i assume i use command save bgm and then replay bgm somewhere in there or change it back?

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's cool.

I have found the issue with the save files, actually it was more of a compression issue.
Give me 2-3 hours, I will update the game and fix the inn transfer issue as well.

Yeah, thanks again for finding the issue. ;)

Use the Change Battle BGM again after the battle ends, that will revert it back to the old BGM.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's cool.

I have found the issue with the save files, actually it was more of a compression issue.
Give me 2-3 hours, I will update the game and fix the inn transfer issue as well.

Yeah, thanks again for finding the issue. ;)

Use the Change Battle BGM again after the battle ends, that will revert it back to the old BGM.

lol i just figured out how to do something cool within my game. Scene voice acting. i can make files with my voice recording of like for finding an item or read off the voice acting for cut scenes of just my single actor. "hero of the story". and i made it work so it can't repeat itself over and over either. so like when i find an item i say "hm what have we found here!" rofl amazing what can be figured out with just learning how to work all this bgm stuff. now that i have figured this out i can finally come up with voice actings for various monster sounds etc of my own custom making. you could even do this for yourself during certain parts like at the intro of your game when screen is black and there is the text talking about "i would like to tell you guys a story about a time of ...etc etc" thing is too you can re-record yourself over and over till u get it to sound just right the way you want it without other sounds interfering sometimes during a recording. if you want to know what programs i used if your interested let me know.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey i was wondering if you updated your game yet.

also just wondering if you happen to know how to prevent a quest npc after completion of a quest that had been on a movement route which moved out of the way for you to pass by sort of thing to stay that way after leaving map and then returning. i didn't use erase event so not sure why it went back into the path blocking me off.

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought about voice acting, especially for the battle scenes.
But it is hard to get good voice actors. A member of this community who agreed to help bailed out at the last moment after I took the time to write all the scripts, and he won't even reply to my messages to provide a reason.

So I kinda gave up on the idea.

Yes, I've updated the game. ^^

Use switches or self switches to modify the route.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought about voice acting, especially for the battle scenes.
But it is hard to get good voice actors. A member of this community who agreed to help bailed out at the last moment after I took the time to write all the scripts, and he won't even reply to my messages to provide a reason.

So I kinda gave up on the idea.

Yes, I've updated the game. ^^

Use switches or self switches to modify the route.

modify the route? what you mean all i had the npc do was after completing the quest he turns right moves 1 space to the right and turns down. when i leave the screen and come back he is back standing in front of the door he was originally blocking off passage too.

its a 4 page event though , i know i overlooked something, i mean i do have self switches but i don't want them to be global ones.  i'll show you  links per page of what i got would be easier that way. thanks for the help as well.

page1:http://prntscr.com/bz4zk8

page2:http://prntscr.com/bz502z

page3:http://prntscr.com/bz50n0

page4:http://prntscr.com/bz50ux

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The lifespan of these movement routes last only till you transfer to another map.
That is why you need to use a separate switch, and create a duplicate of the event in the position to which you have moved it and use the switch as its condition. Don't forget to create a blank event page for the original event which is triggered by the switch.
This way, the event will be at the new spot even if you re-enter the map.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The lifespan of these movement routes last only till you transfer to another map.
That is why you need to use a separate switch, and create a duplicate of the event in the position to which you have moved it and use the switch as its condition. Don't forget to create a blank event page for the original event which is triggered by the switch.

So you saying to create a separate event in the spot i set the first event to move too? with a global switch in the first setup event on last page then in the separate event have it activate the switch with like the shop setup? which i had set to be 4th page in the first event?

my god that sounds confusing lol but i think i know what your saying....

update: Yes thank you i figured it out, it works perfectly now.

Also i was thinking of finding a way to add items to  inventory at game start on the player. you know a way to do that? and would u also maybe know a way to add voice/sound effects to a enemy or actor during the middle of a battle to where every time i hit the enemy they made a yelp sound

(monster being a wolf for instance) and then when said wolf attacks it makes a growling then biting sound every time they attack. if the battle sounds can't be done i wouldn't be surprised, that i bet is a hard thing to accomplish, but would be quite interesting.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

hey man check this out. found another fix for ya. if you've never used lightshot its free and easy to use. its how i can make these pics and draw stuff on them if u didn't know.

http://prntscr.com/bzappa

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad it worked out for you. ^^

Ah, the edges never caught my eye, thanks... I will edit the picture later.

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New bugs bro.

http://prntscr.com/bzihvr

also in the cave nearby dolonde near the crystal rock and floating spirit u got in there. ran into a fight with 2 spiders and there wasn't a battle background. There is also a fix needed again for mobs in this area that when you kill with Kenrads multishot that the mobs don't disappear just stop movement.

Also noticed you can't seem to equip the silver ring.

RishigangiX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks again, I have just fixed that up. ^^

Hmm.. Strange. That should be equippable, going to check it out.

Also, I will my shifting to a different place because of my work, so I might not have internet connection for a few days.

I will check and respond to your new feedback and bug reports after I get my internet connection there. :)

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks again, I have just fixed that up. ^^

Hmm.. Strange. That should be equippable, going to check it out.

Also, I will my shifting to a different place because of my work, so I might not have internet connection for a few days.

I will check and respond to your new feedback and bug reports after I get my internet connection there. :)

alright man, np see you then.

here is some minor typo fixes. the letter you read in the cave with the dead body after the lesser  Kardikan.

http://prntscr.com/bzv8y9

Destroshard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey i've been trying to work on a custom large forest with parallax mapping by following a tutorial by fallen lorelei, i got to about her third tutorial using Gimp, she uses photoshop but i can't get that. so been using paint.net and gimp but when i came to the part of getting it all into the game. it didn't work out 100%, my character walks over the trees instead of under, and even though i got the map sizes right, in game the map is not right. the left and right sides seem to be cutting into the screen from the other maps next door. Don't suppose you know how i can maybe fix this issue... i know i blew by some steps in tutorial but i didn't think it mattered. it was hard to follow it all with gimp cause i couldn't find how to do some stuff like lorelei was with PS. also i can't use my Screen resolution plugin anymore even though i couldn't get it to use fullscreen anyways.

http://prntscr.com/c0oh4c

Emeraq

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RishigangiX I just downloaded this yesterday and put almost 6 hours in since then and I have to say that this demo is really well done, the characters are alright and the dialogue quite humorous at times, even if a bit adolescent :)   I don't have any new bugs to report that hasn't already been reported. I am curious, however, if you ever got a response regarding the fist killed mob reappearing in battles from the plugin creator? I know the mob doesn't do anything, but it's a bit odd. I actually had all four bandits spawn right back in during one of the larger bandits fight and at first though the boss bandit had called for back up..... But when he died and the victory screen came up, I knew that not to be the case. Since then I see it randomly here or there, and I'm not 100% sure but I think it might only be occurring where there are 3 or more mobs in the fight.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Destroshard You need to make sure the image size matches your map size in pixels or else the map will repeat. If you are using an odd size that doesn't size to whole numbers make the canvas size to match the nearest whole size and make sure its transparent around the edges then RPG Maker will fill in the standard black border.

@RishigangiX Going to take another stab at this demo this weekend.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ven_0