Chessmaster's Challenge is a standalone game based on its main project, emphasizing more in combat mechanics. The game is made in arcade-like design in mind, meaning it has a little story and more combats where the player will be tested in a series of battles and ultimately defeat the Chessmaster who invited them in his own game of "twisted chess of chaos".
Player will be given four party members--each with their unique abilities--and an ample supply to get started in Hall of Pawnsmoor, where they have to beat all the challenges Chessmaster has set up for his challengers. Along your way in completing the challenges in Hall of Pawnsmoor, player will find more characters (to date, up to 60 characters are obtainable including the initial party members) via completing achievements and/or performing certain feats.
In short, Chessmaster's Challenge offers:
- Three levels of "challenges" + one hidden level; with randomized prizes on completion
- Grid Battle System; fight various enemies in chess-like battlefield
- Achievement system; there are a total of 80 achievements to be unlocked
- Score system; in each battle, you gain scores which will be summed up at the end of each path
- Up to 60 unique, playable characters; start with four at first, the rest are obtainable via achievements
The Chessmaster of Pars Mythos has invited you to play his game of chess. However, this game is not mere chess; it is a game where you take control of characters listed in The Empty Tome, and you start with only two characters to work with.
On top of that, he also has set up a series of challenges for you to beat. Each challenge will grant you an extra edge and/or additional units for your party.
Complete all of his challenges, and the Chessmaster will deem you worthy enough to face him directly.
The game is available to download in itch.io >> https://richter-h.itch.io/chessmasters-challenge