First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Erosion System
Version 1.3
By Magnus0808 || Magnus Rubin Peterson

Introduction
This plugin was originally made because of the request by @Misappi to make an erosion system inspired by the erosion system used in Dofus.
Request thread: (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/erosion-system-like-dofus.104267/)

Features
  • Lose of Max HP during battles from damage (Erosion Damage)
  • Posibility to regen of HP so you keep the same % of HP compared to Max HP actors had at the end of a battle.
How to use
The plugin featues 7 plugin parameters:
  • Natural Erosion Rate
    • This is the base for how much erosion damage a target takes from damage
  • Max Erosion Rate
    • The maximum rate of erosion damage a target can take from damage
  • Min Erosion Rate
    • The minimum rate of erosion damage a target can take from damage
  • Negative HP Regen Erosion
    • Enables the posibility to take erosion damage from negative HP regeneration
  • Can Die From Erosion
    • Enables the posibility of dying from Erosion
  • Stable Health Procent
    • Enable regen of HP so you keep the same % of HP compared to Max HP actors had at the end of a battle.
  • Remove Erosion After Battle
    • If true then erosion will be removed after battles.
It is also posible to change the natural erosion rate for the individual actor or enemy with the note tag:
Code:
<baseErosion:NEW EROSION RATE>

E.g. <baseErosion:0.3>
Furthermore it is also posible to change the erosion rate depending on the equipment worn with the following note tag this note tag also works on Actor and Enemy:
Code:
<procentErosion:EROSION RATE CHANGE>

E.g. <procentErosion:0.1> // This will add 0.1 to the Erosion Rate
     <procentErosion:-0.1> // This will minus 0.1 from the Erosion Rate
You can also use the following note tag on equipment to add permanent erosion while the equipment is worn:
Code:
<flatErosion:PERMANENT EROSION>

E.g. <flatErosion:100> // This will add 100 permanent erosion while the equipment is worn.
You can also make a skill affect the erosion rate or deal direct erosion damage with the following note tags:
Code:
<flatErosion:EROSION DAMAGE>

E.g. <flatErosion:100> // This will deal 100 erosion damage, decreasing the targets max hp with 100
It should also be noted that the direct erosion damage is not affected by the min or max erosion rate. Making it posible to deal more erosion damage than normal damage.

You can also change the erosion rate and the natural erosion rate of specific classe by adding the following note tags:
Code:
<baseErosion:EROSION RATE>

E.g. <procentErosion:0.1> // This will add 0.1 til the erosion rate
      <baseErosion:0.4>     // This will set the natural erosion rate to 40%
The <baseErosion:x.xxx> tag of the Class have priority over the <baseErosion:x.xxx> of the Actor. This means if both have the tag then only one on the Class will be used.

Plugin Commands
The following plugin commands are available:
  • RemoveErosion PARTY_INDEX AMOUNT
  • RemoveErosion all AMOUNT
  • RemoveErosion all (This is the same as when you normally end a battle)
  • ApplyErosion PARTY_INDEX AMOUNT
  • ApplyErosion all AMOUNT
The PARTY_INDEX represent the position the actor have in the party.
The AMOUNT represent how much erosion you want to remove/apply. However for
RemoveErosion you can leave it blank and it will remove all erosion!

Download
You can download this plugin from my GitHub:
https://github.com/magnusrp0808/plugins/blob/master/MRP_ErosionSystem.js

Terms of use
TERMS OF USE Copyright (c) 2019 Magnus0808 || Magnus Rubin Peterson || Magnusrp0808
  • You are free to use it in commercial or non commercial RPG Maker MV projects if you credit me unless other is stated.
  • Please do not change the header of the plugin
    • Other than that you are allowed to make edits to the plugin
  • You are NOT allowed to sell the plugin itself even if you edited it.
Change log
Version 1.3:

+ Added a parameter for if erosion should be removed after battle.
+ Added a couple of plugin commands.​
Version 1.2.2:
+ Bug fix (Healing should now no longer remove erosion)​
Version 1.2.1:
+ Compatibility Fixes (Hopefully removed most potentional compatibility issues)​
Version 1.2:
+ Made the <flatErosion:xxx> notetag work for Equipment. It adds permanent erosion while the equipment is worn.
+ Made the <baseErosion::x.xxx> and <procentErosion:x.xxx> work for Classes. Classes has priority over Actors this means that if an Actor and its Class both have the <baseErosion:x.xxx> tag the then the one of the Class will take effect and not the one of the Actor.​
Version 1.1:
+ Made a parameter for if you regen health after battle.​
Version 1.0:
+ First Release​

Author Notes

If you have any questions regarding this plugin then feel free to throw me a message.

Last edited:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing job, hope i can use this for my warlocks

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @kovak, I hope my plugin will be of use to you. Your reply made me realize I had forgotten to add the tags for Classes.
I have updated the plugin to include a couple of tags for Classes, which should make it possible for you to use it better for a class like Warlock. :)
E.g. you could set the natural erosion in the plugin parameters to 0% and then use the tag <baseErosion:0.1> on the Warlock class so only Warlocks use erosion. :)

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the idea of the plugin, but sadly I can't make it work. I don't know if it's because I'm using yanfly's battle system or what, but attacks don't reduce max Hp, even with the flaterosion notetag :ysad:

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @gambitben, I just went through my plugin and hopefully removed potentional compatibility issues. If this did not fix your issue then please write me again with the details of how the issue occured :)

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried it in a new Project and MaxHP is unchanged after enemy attacks :aswt: Can you show me a picture of something of how is supposed to look like when the erosion happens? Also, do healing ítems remove erosion? Cause then it might be my fault. Sorry for bothering you but I really want to use this one in my Project.

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay for some reason I hadn't caught that healing actually removed erosion. It obviously should not so I have fixed that now.
I was sure I had tested for that earlier, however that was probably before I did a big refactor of the code.
I am sure it should work properly now even when you heal :D

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! So the erosion only wears out after combat? If so, could you implement a way to make erosion only fade after a plugin/script call? that would be a great feature. I'm going to test this right away! Thank you SO much :)

Edit: Still can't manage to reduce MaxHp and I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right. I tested it alone and with yanfly's battle plugin and no luck in any of them :( In the max erosion setting says mínimum in the description line, I don't know if those two are mixed or it's just a typo… I don't know if that helps you much but it's all I got. If you want images or console stuff just tell me.

Last edited:

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is so weird. It is a typo that is says minimum in the description line. I believe I actually forgot to remove my calls to the console in the last upload I did. If you could just do a battle and take a screenshot of the console afterwards that would be great :)

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave the attack skill a flat 50 erosion for the test, nothing happened. Here goes an image of the console.

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh I used let instead of var. I have fixed that now so it should work now.
I have also updated the plugin to version 1.3, which includes a parameter to turn off that erosion gets removed after battles. It also features a couple of plugin commands to apply or remove erosion :)

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now it Works perfectly! Amazing work, thank you so much :rhappy: I wish I could like a post more than one time :rwink: Also thanks for bearing me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469