pokewawa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
I'm fairly new to RMMV and RPG Maker as a whole. I finished the prototype for my game and deployed it, but when I clicked on the index HTML file, I got a black screen and "Error, Failed to load: data/Actors.json". I tried going into Google Chrome properties and using --allow-file-access-from-files, but I got the same error even after doing that.
Please help.
Thank you so much!

1590721614862.png

1590721646165.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This means your game was unable to load the Actors.json file in the data folder. It can be because it's missing, it's encrypted and you don't have a key, or a permission problem.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually it is because of the browser, I am 99% sure. I didn't manage to make it work in chrome even with that option, but I did manage to make it work on firefox, editting the configurations. What happens is that the browser configuration is still blocking external files even with that tag. If it wouldn't be an issue, I would recommend firefox for that.

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What method did you use to deploy it? Windows or Webbrowser? Windows deployment should work fine and when using Webbrowser, it works when you upload it on a Server.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are dozens of reasons why the browser can be unable to load a file.
A lot of them have already been listed, but one of the more common ones has not:

If the path to the folder where you stored your game does not obey networking rules, then all browsers will have problems loading their files.
Networking rules mean no spaces, only latin letters and very few special symbols, case sensitive and more, so if no other cause is found you should post that filepath (from drive letter to index.html) here and we can check for you.

pokewawa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@V_Aero
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what do you mean by a server? A GitHub repository? A webhoster?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
own a server like itch.io or own webhosting server, GitHub is more for for scripts like,
html, css, javascripts, ruby, java, php and all that kind of codes, (no images or exe) so fa I know.
@pokewawa

pokewawa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raizen
I followed your directions on Firefox, and it worked. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha