RMMV Error in SRD_SupertoolsEngine

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone! Recently i was trying to use Supertools Engine in my project, but when i try it, THIS happens
Screenshot_2.png
So, when i was searching for help, in the internet, because my programming knowledge is ZERO, i notice that a very few other persons had any problem, and nobody had the same as me, i thought it was common to happen, but i was wrong.
So, looking at the console, this is displayed:Screenshot_3.png
So i tried SRD support, the support needs that you recreate the error in another project, and then send to they, so i created a new project with only Supertools in it, i've already tried using the plugin in other projects before, but there was always an error, so i was confident that this new project would have an error, but, for the first time ever, i saw the plugin working, so, unfortunately, i couldn't reproduce the error, that's why i'm asking for help here.

Quick answers to questions i've saw in another error topics
- My RPG Maker MV is 1.6.1
- I've already put the plugin at the top
- My game doesn't even open, no title screen, not even MadeWithMV, only that error screen
- I'm not using any Character Costumizer plugin

Please somebody help me, i'll try to reply the much of questionings that i know how to answer, and sorry for my bad english in some points

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well i think it could be an incompatiblety with another Plugin,because you couldnt recreate the error in a new Project.
Try to use this new Project where it works and add every Plugin you are using in the Project that is buged..
(one by one, not all at the same time)

This way you should be able to find out, which plugin is incompatible with the SRD plugin.

And as soon you know that ,you can ask for help in order to try to make the Plugins compatible.
(or perhaps you have to take out the plugin that is incompatible..)

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well i think it could be an incompatiblety with another Plugin,because you couldnt recreate the error in a new Project.
Try to use this new Project where it works and add every Plugin you are using in the Project that is buged..
(one by one, not all at the same time)

This way you should be able to find out, which plugin is incompatible with the SRD plugin.

And as soon you know that ,you can ask for help in order to try to make the Plugins compatible.
(or perhaps you have to take out the plugin that is incompatible..)
Sorry, i forgot to say that i already tried turning off all the plugins in my project, and the error keeps happening, only turning off can solve? i remember to make some small edits in default RPGMV js files along the time, in the current moment i only remember removing XP from menu and adding inputs

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sry this was my only idea how i would try to find the Issue,but i hope u solve it!
(try to find out the difference betwen the project that works vs the project that doesnt work)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it does work with alot of yanfly plugin, but in order to help you, can you screenshot
your plugin database that you have? because I dont have this at all.

Might be possible that you have type in one of the function used in SRD_SupertoolsEngine
or missing a plugin in order to make it work.

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it does work with alot of yanfly plugin, but in order to help you, can you screenshot
your plugin database that you have? because I dont have this at all.

Might be possible that you have type in one of the function used in SRD_SupertoolsEngine
or missing a plugin in order to make it work.
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_4.png
That's all, i think, i know it is messy, that was because i was adding a plugin when the necessity comes out

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On first side, you miss YEP_EngineCore (require for most of his/her plugins),
2nd, all your plugins are out of order. SRD plugins should be lower, in de misc
section and above utilies section.

so organize and reorder around this:
-core plugin-
-message-
-battle-
-gameplay-
-misc
-utility-

lights are mostly gameplay, but start with re-ordering your plugin
in a proper order, keep SRD with SRD, MOG, with MOG, HIME, with HIME etc
unless told otherwise, like, below yep_battleCore, or above plugin x, else
keep them orderd, or you get many conflicts like this one.

YEP, SRD, MOG, HIME, OTHERS, report back if you still have issues, with a new
new screenshot in a proper order plugin database list if error pops up still,
together with the error log, you can use MrTS_ErrorStack so it show on screen
at crash.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the plugins.
syntax error in json files basically means a typo in the data. That could be caused by plugin incompatibilities, but it could also be caused by wrong or damaged data files.

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the plugins.
syntax error in json files basically means a typo in the data. That could be caused by plugin incompatibilities, but it could also be caused by wrong or damaged data files.
i thought that, because, as i said, i've already tried turning off ALL the plugins to see if it would work, but it doesn't, if that's the case, what should i do?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if there is an issue with the plugin, remove the plugin -> redownload it, and re-install it
and activate it.

so far I know, some or most of SRD update the params when adding the plugin on apply
to ensure the data files are reading correctly when you make changes or using the
the supertool plugin.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
first of all i would rearage all plugins like ShadowDragon explained it.. no offense but your pluginmanager is a mess.
Put Yeps plugins on top and then the others all in order.. here an example in spoiler, how your pluginmanager should look like..
You have to bring this in order sooner or later even if thats not the reason for your problem here..
You get the right "Yep order" from the Yep website,and other plugins probably only need their core on top
(depending on the Plugins)
This spoiler only uses 2 images because my manager would need 4 ,but i just wanted to show what i mean
(the 2 other images which are not inhere, show most of the SRPG plugins which i use and are not needed for this example)

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i thought that, because, as i said, i've already tried turning off ALL the plugins to see if it would work, but it doesn't, if that's the case, what should i do?
Make a copy of your project.
In the copy, disable all plugins
start playtest, does it get to title screen or do you get an error?
If you get an error, post a console screenshot of it here - full screenshot of the top of the trace-list, nothing cut off.

then we'll see. Depending on what you'll get, you might have to use backups of the damaged files to repair your project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greencat