Error issues with my game, locking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to apologize - I again need assistance.

Somehow I have broken my game. Everything ran fine - until last night I added a bunch of skills to classes, I used a lot of "states" as passives. I should have tested each one first, but just kept making more.

Now suddenly the game will not run, and the errors make no sense to me - everything is referring to actors for some reason.

I feel like I'm about to lose all of my progress. If I was more of a coder maybe this is an easy fix, but sadly I am not. I guess I should have stuck with more simpler skills concepts to avoid this issue.

Any able to take a look and have an inkling I where I messed up? The error starts with Actor 9 - but that makes no sense as the class actor 9 is using was already tested and worked fine.

Any thoughts on what I messed up?

Attachments

• broken realms error.png
    broken realms error.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 10

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
when do you get this error? Loading screen?

Did you add any plug-ins? Or was it just states/skills?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What skill or state did you add that refers to actor 9? I'm guessing you've got an incorrect note tag somewhere.

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when do you get this error? Loading screen?

Did you add any plug-ins? Or was it just states/skills?
As soon as I launch playtest the errors appear.

I am running a bunch of plugins - but none of them new. The skills I made were all new. I'm going to see if I deactivate all the new classes if the game will run.

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What skill or state did you add that refers to actor 9? I'm guessing you've got an incorrect note tag somewhere.
That is what I was initially thinking. Maybe I accidentally typed something wrong in her class/skill/actor windows.

I had added dual wield - but removed that first. But that did not fix the errors.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error message specifically says it's looking for something called 'actor 9'. You didn't answer my question. It's got to be there somewhere - in a plugin parameter, in a note tag, in a script or plugin call ...

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error message specifically says it's looking for something called 'actor 9'. You didn't answer my question. It's got to be there somewhere - in a plugin parameter, in a note tag, in a script or plugin call ...
Sorry I meant I did check her first, seemed like everything was fine at that moment.

Seems most of my new class are working fine - so definitely an error with her. Must be a state in one of the skills as the actor loads fine with a different class.

I deactivated all of the new classes and the errors stopped. I think I just hit the panic button maybe. I must have messed up how some of the states work as passives when using yanfly's plugins.

I used to mod darkest dungeon - forgot for a moment there what debugging tricks I picked up. And to slow down and test things more.

Thanks for the help.

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did find the culprit - which leads me to a follow-up question.

So the state I created was meant to give the character immunity to confusion as a passive. This is causing the crash. A second class is having the same issue - same type of skill, on that one it is fascination that the state resist is for.

Am I just setting up a "state immunity" passive wrong? Or is it not possible?

Attachments

• remnants state issue.png
    remnants state issue.png
    219 KB · Views: 7

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@scorpiovaeden , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

As the first issue is resolved, and the second issue is a different question, you are really better off posting that in a new thread. Also state if you are using any plugins.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I meant I did check her first, seemed like everything was fine at that moment.
you misunderstood both the error message and shaz' comment.

You have a text string 'actor 9' somewhere that is undefined and causing the error.
The game itself cannot create that, the internal data is handled differently.
It has to be written by you in a note, in a plugin command, in a plugin parameter or something like that. That error cannot be created by anything outside a manually written text line.

It is most likely a reference to your actor with ID 9 but not neccessarily.

scorpiovaeden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for the help. I'm not sure if this forum allows posts to be marked as resolved or not. I will flag it if I can :)

The heroes of the Broken Realms thank you!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just report your first post and say it's solved, and the moderators will close the thread for you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seori