Jenovation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

I think I messed something up, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened. Hopefully somebody here with more insight into MV can tell me what might be causing the problem..

I am currently using Yanfly's Save Core to enable in-game game Loading. Before that I used to use a common event with the script call SceneManager.push(Scene_Load)

Suddenly this is not working anymore. Not with Save Core, or just using the script Call. I believe I may have screwed something up somewhere without knowing it...

It worked fine for a long time.

Loading from the main menu still works but only the first time the game is started up. If I quit to main menu from within the game and try to load from there... same issue.

Attached the error. I really hope someone can shed some light :(

Thank you in advance!

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when you add a script/plugin, in 90% of all cases that makes all older savefiles incompatible.

You HAVE to start a new game instead of loading a saved file because only the "new game" option will setup the new plugins correctly, and without that setup you'll end with "undefined" errors en mass.

So simple question: does that error happen if you start a new game, save that new game and then only use the new save, not older ones?

Jenovation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh wow, I didn't know this. I've been adding plugins frequently and always using old save files. It's kind of hard to manage if the game is several hours long already to test play from the start each time :)

Tried it and error still occurs. I'm going to try a backup version of the project, maybe I can just paste in the changes I've made...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenovation

Don't - one of the biggest mistake in bughunting is to guess and experiment with problem solving without knowing what you previously did wrong.

If you get that error with a new game and new savefiles, then the other causes for it are either

1) incompatible or broken plugins

2) misconfigured plugins

Have you checked the configuration of every plugin when you added it and made sure that everything is setup correctly for your specific game? If not, check again now and make sure everything is OK.

If this error happens with correctly configured plugins, then either your plugin order is wrong (yes, it makes a difference which plugin is loaded before which other) or two of your plugins are incompatible to each other, and one of them has to be replaced.

I suggest you follow the links "Bughunting" and "How to use a script" in my signature - the second one was written for Ace and a lot of the steps there are either replaced by plugin properties or simplified with plugins, but it will still show you some of the steps needed for solving plugin problems.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenovation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I will try to figure it out. Thanks for the links!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see the error list includes a line from Yanfly's Doodads plugin.  When did you add that?  The game you're trying to load - was it started & saved before or after adding Yanfly's plugin?  Disable the plugin and see if you can load it.

Some plugins create variables when a new game is started, or when a new map is loaded, and those variables are saved when you save your game.  When you load the game, the variables are already set up and the plugin works fine.  But if you start a game and save it and then add the plugin, those variables have not been set up and are not in the save file, so if you try to load the game, the plugin will not work because it can't find the variables it's looking for.

But you say you started a new game and the error still happens?  Is it the same error?  It looks like you've got two errors there to me.  One has something to do with map encounters.  Not sure about the other, as the error lines aren't expanded in your screenshot.

Jenovation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I never managed to find out what it was. But i reverted to a backed up version of the project (only a day old) and it was fine. So I guess I'm good for now.

Thank you for the tips on the plugins though, and yes, the saves files are from before adding the doodads.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png
Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewRoots