Error trying to play downloadable version of game

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Thordon123, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Thordon123

Thordon123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey all, I recently finished a demo version of my game that I've uploaded to itch.io. The problem is that after I deployed it and uploaded it I tried to download it again to check that it worked. When I attempted to open the downloaded file I received this error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because nw_elf.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

This is my first attempt at uploading a game and I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem before, and knew how to fix it? I've attached a screenshot below. I looked online and couldn't really figure out what was going wrong. Thank you.

PS: Hope this is in the right forum. Couldn't decide whether to ask here or on itch.

Attached Files:

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What exactly did you upload?
    Game.exe is not enought, you need to upload the entire output folder (if possible on that Website) or use something like enigma virtual machine to turn the game into a single executable before uploading.

Thordon123 likes this.
  3. Thordon123

Thordon123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok thanks, got the enigma box and now I'm uploading. I'll update this if/when it does.

EDIT: It works, thanks Andar, you can close this now.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018