Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

My game seems to throw an error if a battle ends while an actor is afflicted with a status ailment, it doesn't matter which.

upload_2019-4-28_12-55-21.png

It seems that perhaps my character sprite is not updating? I'm unsure. I tried to troubleshoot, but had no luck.

I have confirmed that turning off the plugin in question prevents the error from happening.

Here is a link to the plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/25/yep-50-buffs-states-core/

I have confirmed that my plugins are in the correct order using Aloe Guvner's Yanfly Plugin checker, and I have confirmed that there are no other conflicting plugins, as disabling almost everything else still throws the same error.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bug comes from a state sprite, so it's a bug that comes from the display part.
Therefore:
Either there's some custom plugin modification that's wrong
Or current plugin version is incompatible with game's current engine version
Or some plugin settings are incorrect
Or some other error. Either way, plugin list screenshot tells more than if you say
I have confirmed that my plugins are in the correct order using Aloe Guvner's Yanfly Plugin checker, and I have confirmed that there are no other conflicting plugins, as disabling almost everything else still throws the same error.
since Aloe Guvner's plugin checker only checks for order, but from what I understand, not for dependencies/conflicts/plugin versions.

So:
Are there any modifications in the buffs and states core? Or maybe even the game's engine?
What's the version of the plugin? And what's the version of the game's core engine? (Find it in rpg_core.js header)

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the reply, @Poryg !

Here is a list of plugins.
upload_2019-4-28_14-2-30.png
upload_2019-4-28_14-2-56.png
upload_2019-4-28_14-3-14.png

As shown above, the plugin version is v1.16.
rpg_core.js shows v1.6.1

I've made no changes to the plugin or the game's engine.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Battle status window is off. Does turning it on fix the issue? I'm at work, cannot try it myself.

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg

Turning it on does not fix the issue.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Well, looks like I'll have to set it up then and find out what's going on. From what I have seen, it looks like the status menu disappears right after the battle ends, which then leads to a crash, but cannot say for certain unless I see it exactly.

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there anything I can do to help you with that?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you can bring me a tablet/laptop with rpg maker mv and a working charger, I doubt that. I need to find out what's going on, for that I need well placed console logs. For these I need to know what I'm searching for and for that I need to know where I'm searching.

EDIT: Okay, I cannot seem to replicate the issue. Tried it with just the buffs and states core, all works fine. Front view/side view, Remove after battle end on/off, battle test/random encounter/event battle... None of this matters.
So there must be a plugin conflict of some sort. Try to deactivate plugins from non-Yanfly makers and then activate them piece by piece. It should be a plugin that in some sort influences windows, states or battle.

Last edited:

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg Apologies on the delayed response. I just got around to this. It appears that it's the Chrono engine that is causing the conflict. This is surprising to me, since I've used it before with no issues. I suppose I will do some research into this.

Thank you for your assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfox585