Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So presently I'm trying to utilize Yanfly's elementcore plugin so I could do the exploding enemies feature, but presently I'm having issues with it, I set everything up like Yanfly demonstrated in the video, but it's still acting up, here's my current plugin list.

EDIT: it was acting up even before the GALV_bustmenu plugin was put into place.

vdsdwewf.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And the issues you're having are ... ?

First question is, are the plugins all in the correct order, according to Yanfly's site?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And the issues you're having are ... ?

First question is, are the plugins all in the correct order, according to Yanfly's site?

Yes, Yanfly's video said "no specific order is required, so long as YEP scripts are listed in a group and beneath the (battle)engine core scripts, and any non-YEP are below them, also the error is the plugin is doing absolutely NOTHING.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apart from not being in the right order, there are only 3 things I can think of that would make a plugin act as if it wasn't even turned on ...

1. Have you set up all the parameters correctly? Does it use switches or variables and have you reserved them so you don't accidentally use them for something else in your game?

2. Have you named the plugin correctly? By the looks of it, it needs to be called YEP_ElementCore.js - same case and underscores exactly. Giving it a different name will cause it to not be able to read any of its parameters.

3. Is there an error when you play? Hit test play, then hit F8 to bring up the developer tools. In the Console window, are there any messages, apart from the pixi version?

Edit: 4 things ...

4. How are you meant to use the plugin? Are you supposed to set stuff up in note tags or use plugin calls? Are you sure you've done those correctly?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apart from not being in the right order, there are only 3 things I can think of that would make a plugin act as if it wasn't even turned on ...

1. Have you set up all the parameters correctly? Does it use switches or variables and have you reserved them so you don't accidentally use them for something else in your game?

2. Have you named the plugin correctly? By the looks of it, it needs to be called YEP_ElementCore.js - same case and underscores exactly. Giving it a different name will cause it to not be able to read any of its parameters.

3. Is there an error when you play? Hit test play, then hit F8 to bring up the developer tools. In the Console window, are there any messages, apart from the pixi version?

Edit: 4 things ...

4. How are you meant to use the plugin? Are you supposed to set stuff up in note tags or use plugin calls? Are you sure you've done those correctly?

Yanfly didn't specify that much, I can't find any full on installation videos, also I never changed the name, I never change the names.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And the answer to #3?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is your projects core version number?
Please open any of your core JS files and check that number in the title line.

Several of yanfly's Plugins act wrong if the core is older than they expect.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is your projects core version number?
Please open any of your core JS files and check that number in the title line.

Several of yanfly's Plugins act wrong if the core is older than they expect.

It's version 1.45 according to the very top line

@Shaz nope

vbgerfww.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So how do you use the plugin? How do you set it up? How do you trigger it? Do you have screenshots showing these things, so we can see if your setup is all correct?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So how do you use the plugin? How do you set it up? How do you trigger it? Do you have screenshots showing these things, so we can see if your setup is all correct?

Yanfly only showed drag n drop nothing else

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lyseth
Shaz isn't talking about how to install the plugin, he is talking about what you typed into your database as notetags to control and configure the plugin.
That is not handled in yanfly's Video but in the manual/help section.
In the case of the element core, that are several dozen different notetags that are needed to do anything.

If you haven't placed those, the plugin will do nothing.
So please read the plugin help section and follow those instructions

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly normally shows the notetags you need to set things up.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly normally shows the notetags you need to set things up.

I only saw notetags for exploding enemies but nothing more, if there are any required to be put into the plugin itself, I can't find those.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Notetags. That's what I said. I asked you to show us how you set them up. This is the third time now I'm asking you if you set them up correctly.

I'm sorry to say, but it really seems like you don't read what we say to you, because you answer, but you don't tell us what we wanted to know. We have to say things over and over and you still don't tell us what we asked you. We really all want to help, but it gets really tiring when we have to keep asking the same things and don't get any answers. I'm asking you now to read carefully what people say to you, and before you hit the Submit/Post button, read our posts again, and make sure you've answered everything. Otherwise we just have to ask you again.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Notetags. That's what I said. I asked you to show us how you set them up. This is the third time now I'm asking you if you set them up correctly.

I'm sorry to say, but it really seems like you don't read what we say to you, because you answer, but you don't tell us what we wanted to know. We have to say things over and over and you still don't tell us what we asked you. We really all want to help, but it gets really tiring when we have to keep asking the same things and don't get any answers. I'm asking you now to read carefully what people say to you, and before you hit the Submit/Post button, read our posts again, and make sure you've answered everything. Otherwise we just have to ask you again.

Well what notetags? if I wasn't shown anything about notetags in the video (which there weren't any shown as I've said before), how the hell can I know what notetags to show you?

EDIT: Here's the note tag as a test when I reviewed the plugin (looked up a tutorial through youtube by Yanfly), and the enemy just dies when this is set, doesn't absorb itvbgerfww.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't swear at me when I'm the one who's asked you questions repeatedly and you don't answer them.

I'm outta here. Good luck.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't swear at me when I'm the one who's asked you questions repeatedly and you don't answer them.

I'm outta here. Good luck.

Well you asked for notetags I didn't have any at first and told you I didn't, yet you kept asking for them when there's LITERALLY no way I can provide something I don't have, so who's causing problems here?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't have them, then you don't have it set up properly. So the answer to my very first question about do you have them set up properly would have been "no".

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
Devil May Cry-Style Action Shooter in RPG Maker 2000! | RPG Maker News #75

So many good stat names, how do people chose!? :p
I am often just about to give in and ask for help in the forums, when I eventually figure things out myself. Spent almost the whole day with a minor issue, but in the and it's so satisfying that I didn't need to open a thread :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W7i11