Gabriel-Chi

MetsuG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted to know what it the escape chance or/and how it is calculated, would help me a lot

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the escape chance is based on the relative difference between party and enemy AGI, and increased by each failed escape attempt.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's the function in case it helps.

Code:
BattleManager.makeEscapeRatio = function() {
    this._escapeRatio = (0.5 * $gameParty.agility()) / $gameTroop.agility();
};

The agility() functions just calculate the average of their respective group's speed, so it's basically:

averagePartyAgility / averageEnemyAgility / 2

This is then checked against a random number between 0 and 0.9999999. If the random number is lower, escape is successful. If higher, escape fails and the ratio is increased by +0.1. Here's a few examples

Example 1:
- Party: 200 average agility
- Enemies: 100 average agility
- Ratio is 1, so the party can escape successfully every single time on the first try

Example 2:
- Party: 100 average agility
- Enemies: 100 average agility
- Ratio is 0.5, so the party has a 50% chance to escape.
- If they fail to escape, the ratio is increased to 0.6, or 60%
- If they fail again, it becomes 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, etc until finally reaching 1, guaranteeing escape.

Edit: Also worth noting is the fact that buffing your party members to escape during battle doesn't help because the ratio is a snapshot taken at the start of the battle. So if you cast Haste to increase your party's speed and Slow to debuff the enemies' speed, it won't do anything even if the values for both effects are insanely large. Which is kind of dumb.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.
If anyone wants to Program for me give me a DM, ill pay if i have to!
I made a drawing of Moss
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Militibus Elementis Redux starts now! Watch live!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Germelshausen