RMMV Escape from Greyrock

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by ninjaconor, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ninjaconor

ninjaconor Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Escape from Greyrock

Synopsis

Choose your friends! Choose your enemies! Save the world or abandon it. An open-world RPG with 100% original artwork.

You are a prisoner in Greyrock Prison, one of the toughest jails in all the Cestreyan Empire. Why are you there? Were you a thief turned in by a rival? A murderer betrayed by the love of your life? Are you actually innocent? In fact, what's your gender, character class, personality and sexual and political preference? Decide all of these things for yourself as you break free and journey through the land of Efrania.

• Decide what kind of person you want to be
      Decisions and dialogue choices made in-game decide your characters past, present and future. Play as exactly the kind of person you want to be.
    • Choose your friends (and enemies)
      There are several companions to travel with, but Efrania is a polarised place, engulfed in civil war and ancient intrigue. Based on your actions some potential friends may become deadly enemies and vice-versa.
    • Define your story
      With multiple pathways through the game, no two play-throughs are going to be the same. The game features six different endings with endless variations of each, taking all of your previous actions into account.
    • Fight all the monsters!
      The game features over 80 different types of monster, spread across hundreds of encounters. Each one has its own quirks, so be sure to learn their strengths and weaknesses.
    • 100% Original Artwork
      All of the artwork used in the game is 100% original, so you won't have seen any of it before!
    • Music by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana)
      Featuring amazing music by Hiroki Kikuta from his "The Calm" and "The Fury" music packs.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download for Windows/Linux
    https://ninjaconor.itch.io/escape-from-greyrock

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks promising! I'll give it a go and I'll let you know what I think. How long would you say the game is? I'm also working on a game at the moment called The Ascent and my aim for it is to be 10-20+ hours.

atoms likes this.
  3. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! There's multiple endings, so the length can vary a lot. At the earliest I'd say it would take 2-3 hours. Going for the best ending, maybe 5-6 hours.

Cool! I'll be sure to look out for The Ascent!

4. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The art is the gem. Lol it makes me want to play the game just by the look of the artwork. So i think i will give it a try whenever i have time. What a lovely looking game!

atoms likes this.
  5. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Thanks so much! Great to hear people like the art. I'm always quite critical of my own work and it's a different style to most RPG Maker games so I wasn't sure how it would be received. The reception seems very positive so far though so I'm delighted.

phamtruong1992 likes this.
  6. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ninjaconor

I was wondering what the level cap is for this game given that it may take 2-6 hours to beat. I'm about an hour in already and am enjoying it so far. Great game! :cutesmile:

7. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! There's a hard level cap of 30, and it's possible to hit it, but I expect most people would reach the hardest ending of the game around level 16.

8. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ninjaconor

I'm currently stuck in the game and am not sure how to proceed. I somehow have to get to Lightharbour but have no clue as to where I should go to get there. I've been all over the swamp and couldn't find a way to there as someone mentioned there is a way there through the swamp. Not sure what to do at this point. I'm 3hrs into the game.

9. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    The swamp is a bit of a maze, but there's a way through it. Off the top of my head, I think I know where you're stuck. After you go through the first swamp tunnel, there's a stairs down just right of where you come up. Ignore that and keep heading right, past an old graveyard and you'll find stairs down into another tunnel that should set you on the right path.

Or, if you've already reached the middle of the swamp and met a certain character, cross the wide bridge opposite the ruined pyramid, head left until you see a thin bridge leading down. Cross that and follow the coast on your left around until you find a set of stairs. This will lead you into a tunnel with a switch puzzle which will bring you very close to the exit.

JP92717 likes this.
  10. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been in and out of the swamp it's just I'm not sure how to get to Lightharbour.

11. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Oh. Sorry. I misunderstood. There's two ways to get there. You can either speak with Faldra in the bar in Suncrest and she'll give you a quest to get the South Gate open or you can go through the cave in the swamp.

The cave near the south edge of the swamp. If you can trace your path back to where the pyramid is, it's just south of there. Look for the bit of cliff that hooks upward from the south.

12. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I know which cave you're talking about. I think I've explored it fully but found no way to Lightharbour from there. It's the one where you fight that boss monster in the room with some water on the ground. Also, I'm not sure how to go about the quest to open up the gate in suncrest. I started it but it's just I have no idea as to what I'm supposed to do. I've backtracked a lot but to no avail.

13. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Okay. There's a few different factors in play.

Is Faldra in your party? If so, then you need to travel to the pyramid to battle the witch. If you've done this, then the South Gate is open. You just need to walk south down the main road in Suncrest.

If Faldra is not in your party, then you need to go to that boss room in the Cave. There should be a ladder against the North Wall you can climb.

14. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The gate is still closed. I have the witch and Faldra in my party. I went to talk to the guard that's standing next to the gate to see if he could open it but nothing. I'll try one more time to see if it's open.

15. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    If you have the witch and Faldra in your party then you need to head back to the swamp pyramid. A cutscene should trigger as you cross the wide bridge.

If that doesn't work then can you please let me know what choices you've made in the game so far? Will help me diagnose if something is wrong.

16. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah the cutscene didn't trigger as I crossed the wide bridge to the pyramid structure. I chose to not fight the witch and have her team up with me. When I met Faldra in the bar I agreed to his requests. I have Gus and scruffles in my party as well.

17. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Have you returned to the pyramid since Faldra joined?

18. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've returned to the pyramid since Faldra joined, yeah.

19. ninjaconor

First Language:
    English
    Okey-doke. Sorry for all the questions. There's just a lot of paths through the game and a lot of decisions can influence those further down the line. I might have to put a patch together if a particular set of choices is leading to a dead-end. So, chain of events-wise:

When you were telling your backstory, were you telling it to Gus or the witch?
    Did you go to Suncrest and recruit Faldra first or did you go to the swamp and recruit the witch first?
    Did you kill the boss in the swamp cave before or after recruiting Faldra?

20. JP92717

JP92717 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I told my backstory to Gus. I went to the swamp and recruited the witch first and then Faldra. I defeated the boss in the swamp cave after recruiting Faldra.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019