ninjaconor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I told my backstory to Gus. I went to the swamp and recruited the witch first and then Faldra. I killed the boss in the swamp cave after recruiting Faldra.
Yep. Looking at the game in the editor now and I can see exactly how this happened. It's to do with the order of meeting the characters. Because you and Gus went back into the swamp before meeting Faldra, the switch for the witch scene was already set, so it won't trigger again.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll put a patch out ASAP and let you know.

ninjaconor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Version 1.1 of the game is now released. This should fix the issue, along with a couple of other minor things. Let me know if you have any other problems.

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ninjaconor

Things I noticed as I've been playing:

1. House close to the ye olde scenic route: There shows no stairs when you go up the second floor.

2. Rebel in the mines next to where there is a ladder that leads down to where you fought the boss in the swamp cave. He says: "The boss told you to stay in the camp". It gives you two choices: Sorry... and I do as I please. I feel like he should only be there to say that to you before you get the one-eyed guy on your team. Afterwards when he (the one-eyed guy) joins you, the convict shouldn't say that since you do have to go to Lightharbour with him.

3. The one chance to get the chests at Lightharbor was a bit disappointing as I had no idea that I only had one chance to say the right passcode to be granted entry. If you could make it so that the player is warned beforehand that would be great.

4. So far I haven't bothered to pay the gold fish a visit since I have no clue as to how much gold I should throw into the water. I feel like it's somewhere to be read about but I haven't come across any books that tell about the gold fish yet. Update! I found the book, now all that I have to do is read it. Didn't realize you acquire it much later on in the game.

5. I think there is a mistype in one of Gus' dialogue boxes when you reach the resistance camp with him and with Layne (the witch) on your side (I didn't choose to keep Faldra around so there was a ladder where you fight the boss in the swamp cave that leads to the mines where the resistance camp is outside). I think you meant to type "think" in said dialogue box.

6. The ladder that's leaning against the wall to the manor just before the rebels take Gus away (or you can choose to fight them off) has something wrong with it. It gives me the option to leave the manor or to stay but when I choose to leave the manor the screen fades out and my character is invisible but is able to walk around still.

7. A hole in the floor is passable in Lightharbour where the merchant's stands are (town destroyed by Layne the witch).

8. I would have the dog have a rage bar like the protagonist whom you get to choose at the beginning of the game; the dog's mp just sits at zero so I don't see the point to that when instead there can just be a rage bar that shows when in battle. You'd have to give the dog some skills in that case.

That's all for now. I'll post more as I get further into the game.

Last edited:

ninjaconor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ninjaconor

Things I noticed as I've been playing:

1. House close to the ye olde scenic route: There shows no stairs when you go up the second floor.

2. Rebel in the mines next to where there is a ladder that leads down to where you fought the boss in the swamp cave. He says: "The boss told you to stay in the camp". It gives you two choices: Sorry... and I do as I please. I feel like he should only be there to say that to you before you get the one-eyed guy on your team. Afterwards when he (the one-eyed guy) joins you, the convict shouldn't say that since you do have to go to Lightharbour with him.

3. The one chance to get the chests at Lightharbor was a bit disappointing as I had no idea that I only had one chance to say the right passcode to be granted entry. If you could make it so that the player is warned beforehand that would be great.

4. So far I haven't bothered to pay the gold fish a visit since I have no clue as to how much gold I should throw into the water. I feel like it's somewhere to be read about but I haven't come across any books that tell about the gold fish yet. Update! I found the book, now all that I have to do is read it. Didn't realize you acquire it much later on in the game.

5. I think there is a mistype in one of Gus' dialogue boxes when you reach the resistance camp with him and with Layne (the witch) on your side (I didn't choose to keep Faldra around so there was a ladder where you fight the boss in the swamp cave that leads to the mines where the resistance camp is outside). I think you meant to type "think" in said dialogue box.

6. The ladder that's leaning against the wall to the manor just before the rebels take Gus away (or you can choose to fight them off) has something wrong with it. It gives me the option to leave the manor or to stay but when I choose to leave the manor the screen fades out and my character is invisible but is able to walk around still.

7. A hole in the floor is passable in Lightharbour where the merchant's stands are (town destroyed by Layne the witch).

8. I would have the dog have a rage bar like the protagonist whom you get to choose at the beginning of the game; the dog's mp just sits at zero so I don't see the point to that when instead there can just be a rage bar that shows when in battle. You'd have to give the dog some skills in that case.

That's all for now. I'll post more as I get further into the game.
Thanks for the continued feedback! It's very helpful in refining the game. I'll definitely look into those when I next get a chance.

ninjaconor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have just released version 1.2 of the game, which should fix most of the issues mentioned above, as well as a freezing issue that another player encountered.

I've chosen to leave the mean chest in Lightharbour because it was kind of put in there to be annoying and doesn't contain anything too important.

I like the suggestion of the Rage bar for the dog, but I don't have time at the moment to create skills for him (as I would have to draw battle animations, do balance testing, etc.) I might come back and do this in a future update though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen