RMMV Escape from the prison - One Map Game Challenge

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JustinK, May 8, 2018.

1. JustinK

JustinK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cover.png

Hello there!
    I released this game for the One Map Game Challenge, I hope you enjoy it!

Synopsis:
    You are Bob, you are a prisoner. Bob does not like being in prison, so he wants to escape (duh). You should find a way to get out of here, you want to escape from the prison. You should find a way out and evade the guards, you don't want them to see you!

Screenshot:
    Screenshot.png

Download:

You can download it from itch.io, see the link below:
    https://justink.itch.io/escape-from-the-prison

Features:
    • Different ways to get caught.
    • There is one possible escape every time you play the game, in total there are four different ways.
    • Guards can spot you and will chase you if they spot you.
    I hope you enjoy the game, please leave any feedback you have.

JustinK

Starmage, Canini and Gianmher like this.
  2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I did a short review for this one, my main points being:

- I liked that you always had a full view of the gamespace.
    - The game is pretty impressive from a technical standpoint, but the randomized nature of the game makes it feel like you are punished for experimenting at times.
    - I would have appreciated a way of knowing how far the guards can "see" or some way to distract them. I had to wait ages for the second one to pass me so I could sneak past him.
    - The main idea behind the game is pretty fun. With some polish I could see this working as a minigame in a larger adventure.
    - If the game was longer than this one room I would probably not have kept playing.

The original review:
    http://atspela.blogspot.se/2018/05/escape-from-prison.html

3. JustinK

JustinK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your review. I did not want the game to be a "find the pattern of the guards and then move around it"-type of game, therefore I let the guards move randomly. I understand the part about seeing the range of the guards, I could have made the map dark and let them use flashlights for example. But this game was meant to be short, this also means that there can only be one room, because that was the challenge.
    As this was just made for the challenge I will not change any of the mechanics or looks of the game. I will perhaps be using this type of game in any other games I will be making. Anyway, thanks for your review, I appreciate it.

Neuralsplyce and Canini like this.