DreadRoach

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ESCAPE FROM THE VAMPIRE'S TOMB
This is a short adventure game, created for Vampire Jam in a mad rush on the last day of the jam. You play as a young man who has just woken up inside a sealed tomb, with no idea how he got there but a firm desire to escape as soon as possible. Conveniently, as he makes his way toward escape, the events of the past two days start to come back to him.

GAMEPLAY:
Pretty straightforward. There are a couple of simple puzzles to get through, but the focus is mostly on exploring your surroundings and the story itself. Total playtime is probably less than five minutes.

FEATURES:
  • Three whole maps!
  • A handful of brief flashback sequences.
  • Assorted jokes and sass.
DOWNLOAD LINK: Escape from the Vampire's Tomb can be played in-browser on its itch.io page. Let me know if you'd prefer a downloadable version, and I'll get one up after the jam is over.

SCREENSHOTS:

CREDITS:
Avery/Avy (bat sprites)
Dragoonwys (sleeping skeletons)
EmmaB (recolored candelabras)
KADOKAWA (most assets)
THE MATCH-MAKERS (multiple sound effects)
whtdragon (spider webs)

Thanks to all these folks for their efforts! I couldn't have made this without you.

Last edited:

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I click "Run Game", I immediately get an error message that reads: 'Type Error - Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined'
Thought you might like to know :)

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I swear I lost my sides everytime he said blood. Great game, the ending is really cute!

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaha this was great, I loved the theme tie-in and the riddles, they were sooo hard

DreadRoach

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I click "Run Game", I immediately get an error message that reads: 'Type Error - Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined'
Thought you might like to know :)
Thanks for letting me know. So I can try and reproduce this, what browser are you using?

Santana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I laughed so hard when I came back to the damaged question and saw the character just saying "Blood" xD

Too short I'd say, and lack of visual/music ambience, but I understand that's just a rushgame made in one day ^^ I just would like to try an improved version of this, I hope you do it!

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for letting me know. So I can try and reproduce this, what browser are you using?
It wasn't until you asked about my browser that I realized that was more than likely my issue. I recently started using Brave Browser. I just tried loading it through Chrome and it loaded up perfectly fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Guess what's next...
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?
YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkyuwon