Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ESCAPE Room: Reality
currently on version 1.2.3

Can you ESCAPE the locked rooms?

ESCAPE Room: Reality is a Story Driven, “Escape Room” Mystery game. There are no battles to fight or monsters to kill, just doors to unlock and pieces to put together.

Sypnosis
What would you do if you woke up in a locked room with complete strangers?

With no memories of how you got here, you're now forced to work together with the others trapped with you, only to find that maybe, just maybe, not everyone around you is an ally.

Finding clues around the rooms and figuring out how it all comes together is critical to solve the locked rooms. Check the obvious and then double check the seemingly mundane and ordinary. What you need might just be looking at you the whole time…

Gameplay
An escape room puzzle RPG game where you have to search around for clues and solve puzzles in order to escape. Explore the rooms, find clues, read between the lines and solve the puzzles to escape!

Story
Every character has a story. Getting to know them helps you build a better picture of what’s really going on. Certain interactions can help or deter you from figuring out the truth.

Who should you trust?

Who should you be wary of?

Sometimes the best course of action is follow your guts… Or is it?

Hidden Puzzles
Not all hints are puzzles are hidden in plain sight. Dig around, see if you can uncover a deeper truth and understanding of your situations, your friends, or even your enemies.

Hidden puzzles can be found throughout the game as you explore the room or even the different paths you’ll end up taking on your way to freedom.

Who knows, you might even uncover a crucial clue to someone’s identity.

Trailer

Screenshots

Price: $6.99 (regional pricing on Steam)
Engine: RPG Maker MV

Game guide: http://steamcommunity.com/app/652510/guides/

Steam store:
Itch.io: https://neetbytes.itch.io/escape-room-reality

Demo:
The demo runs through the first chapter, which is actually quite short and serves as a warm-up so the puzzles aren't as difficult. The demo can be downloaded from the itch.io link above. It hasn't been updated to the latest version but the updates are minor and inconsequential for this part of the game.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks like a seriously cool game, and I would fully expect to pay for something that someone spent time on creating.
In my point of view, if you arent into playing 2d games, you are in the wrong forum and using the wrong software.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! So I just tested your game out and I must say.. holy crap lol
you guys clearly put a lot of hard work into figuring out how to event that.

I really liked the atmosphere you have going on and it doesnt feel like any part of the story is forced.
The only issue's I have are small technical things like.. the guy who stands under the chalk board in the beginning, is able to walk through desks once he moves.
The event on the bottom left desk, is to the right of the desk so it get triggered every single time someone walks beside the desk, not when they interact WITH the desk.
And finally, im not really a fan of the letter sounds, it could be a lot softer and not so clicky.
When you have a game with tons of dialogue like this one does its important not to annoy the dude playing.

But all those "issues" are no where near game breaking issues, and as far as im concerned, those people telling you not to charge for this game are crazy lol
This has a very professional feel to it, and again.. eventing these levels and testing out the conditional branches must have been torture for the person who did it lol
I give it a solid 9/10 :)

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the sqaure root of Y is 2008 now what should I do?
That's part of a Hidden Puzzle and you can actually refer to the guide here on what to do next :biggrin:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/652510/guides/

@Skunk Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! As I've mentioned, I'll be looking into the bugs you've brought up later tonight. This is the first time I've heard about those issues so thanks for letting me know! If you've just tested the first room, those are actually pretty simple, but the later rooms have puzzles that really gave me a headache checking the various possible conditions! :kaodes:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ive made it to 3 levels so far and I'll admit im stuck lol I feel like its super obvious but we shall see ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!
Gosh I hate fireworks. Especially if you cant even see em. Its just noise. Noise that scares my pets.
Some (totally) differfent (more traditional) Goblin faces...

what do you guys think?
My game = 4.5k hours, 4 years+ and should be done in 3 weeks!!

OMG so excited!

I plan to finish before my b day, July 21st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viewtifuljoe