Escape Skill

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by Neo Soul Gamer, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The following video tutorial aims to show RMMV users how to create an Escape skill while adding it to the list of Actor Battle Commands. This method also allows you to call action sequences before the Escape is processed. Depending on your experience with action sequences, you can create some very unique effects! Hope you enjoy!

Plugins required:

Yanfly Battle Engine Core
    Yanfly Action Sequence Pack 1, 2, and 3
    Bobstah's Battle Commands

2. Neo Soul Gamer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just thought I'd link this:

"Escape" Command Activating a Common Event?

In that topic, I provide details on how to expand on the Escape Skill method shown in the tutorial above. Figured this might help someone who stumbles on this.

Cuprite likes this.
  3. WickedWolfy

WickedWolfy Touch Fluffy Tail! Veteran

First Language:
    En, De, Ru
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it necessary to have a "second character" to act as well? Would it be possible to skip the necessary "guard" action for the second character?

One of the items you might want to customize for that I personally would love to see is the "Evacuate" option, instead of a full-fledged retreat. If you have player XCOM (the new one), you can "Evacuate" characters one by one. And is someone does not have enough movement points, they remain in the fight.
    One other item I would love to see is somehow keeping loot, or damage dealt to remain. Example: Escape to regroup and heal.

Still, thank you for your hard work.

Cuprite likes this.
  4. Neo Soul Gamer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What you're asking depends entirely on the battle system you're using, and the plugins you're using with it.

The default battle system forces you to choose all your party member's actions before they're carried out. There's no way to change that without plugins.

That can probably be done with action sequences, a state, and a plugin.

Simply change the opacity of the battler with action sequencing as I did in the tutorial, and apply a state that makes the character unable to act. Using Yanfly's Selection Control plugin, you can add a notetag called "<Cannot Select: All>" to that same state. I believe this prevents that actor from being selected by any battler. You can try this and see if it works. No guarantees though.

I doubt I'd make a tutorial for this, because I personally don't like the idea. It doesn't seem very practical. It allows the player to exploit farming items from enemies with very little risk. Not to mention it'd be slightly complicated to make without a new plugin. You're better off requesting or paying for a plugin to be made. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck! :)

5. WickedWolfy

WickedWolfy Touch Fluffy Tail! Veteran

First Language:
    En, De, Ru
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good point. With all of my active plugins I've completely forgot about that. My bad.

Good to know. Thanks. I am still getting to the point that I mess with that plugin.

This was more of a discussion of features than a direct request. =)
    I do disagree with you on the point that it would be easily abused. Depending on the setting it could be a very powerful storytelling tool... as can... actually all of the functionality. =)

Either way, thank you for your tutorial. Will come useful.