EST - Build And Decor EX

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by estriole, Nov 10, 2015.

1. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    updated the plugin to v1.3 to accomodate your problem

v1.3 2015.12.08      > add method to check event in xy have certain name or not.

> add method to return list of all event in current map that have certain name

this approach will require you to name your template Event.

using conditional branch > script.

add this:

$gameMap.isXyHasEventName(name,x,y);

change name to your event name... can be either string or regexp

change x to coordinate x you want to check

change y to coordinate y you want to check

example:

$gameMap.isXyHasEventName("Red Roof Building", 2, 2);     will return true if in coordinate 2,2 you have event named "Red Roof Building"

case sensitive !!!

$gameMap.isXyHasEventName(/Red Roof Building/i, 2, 2);     will return true if in coordinate 2,2 you have event named "Red Roof Building"

not case sensitive. meaning that "ReD RoOF BuIlDiNg" will also detected

$gameMap.isXyHasEventName(/Red/i, 2, 2);     will return true if in coordinate 2,2 you have event named that contain Red inside the name

so something like "red roof building" "red wall building" is detected.

not case sensitive because of /i. meaning that "ReD" will also detected.

there's also a script call to grab all event with certain name in case someone need it. read the help in plugin editor.

edit: updated the demo for all my plugins. now it contain the latest version.

@DangDut: when your game finished... can you share me the link... i would love to see how this plugin can be used inside a game :D .

btw... dangdut is the music of my country... my country... oh my country... :D .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    Makeratore and DangDut like this.
  2. DangDut

DangDut Narratell Studios Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Sure @estriole, free games for you (and also all plugin developers that I will use their work within my game). Notice the plural, it's more than one, as long as Steam Rules allow it.

Estriole, I know Dangdut is The Music of Our Country.

EDIT:

PM-ing my alpha version preview

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    estriole likes this.
  3. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    nice video... look promising. if you don't mind... feel free to post some of your 'build and decor' gameplay video later and i could link it at the first page.

so people might know what they could do with this plugin :D .

(in ace version of this plugin... the best implementation i encounter so far is for making a level editor of a puzzle games... yes...

LEVEL EDITOR! so cool...)

DangDut and Makeratore like this.
  4. DangDut

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Level Editor sound great, never think about it. Thanks that would be big plus for my next games.

I jump to RPGMV from zero, as it's new engine I think I will found only found few plugins, but it end up too many plugins and it's still growing like virus.

Thanks for all plugins developer.

5. Makeratore

Makeratore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    estriole, I think that I've found some bugs. I made some gifs to help you to figure out what's going on with the bugs.

1) When I place something, the item will be in the exact position of the player and the actors are below it.
    Is it possible to place furniture directly in front of the player and the plugin will also check if there's already an item or an obstacle or a tileset that the player can't pass, so that a custom error message appears saying, for example, "You can't place it there!"?

[​IMG]

2) When I remove furniture, a crystal appears.
    Is it possible to remove the item completely without the creation of another event?

[​IMG]

3) When I move furniture by holding down the arrow keys on the keyboard, the event that I'm moving begins to lag and the sound that should play according to the movement is too fast or too slow.

[​IMG]

6. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    sorry for late reply... i got a bit busy IRL. i will answer your question now...

1) updated plugin to v1.4 (see changelog below, download the demo, open chest, click the wrench icon and place table).

although i didn't implement what you want... i set up another approach.

2) it's not a bug... it's because i remove the decoration and add 'master event' for that decoration.

table in that demo is originally set up as static position event... but later in dev... i change it... but forgot to fix it :D .

you could change:

plugin call:remove_decor 8 18script call:this.rmvDecoration(8, 18)to

plugin call:remove_decorscript call:this.rmvDecoration()and it will just delete event without creating the master event.

3) for the 'lag' it's because parallel process call really fast and registered movement command stacking each other...

i add plugin parameter to set delay for each movement command in v1.4 update.

so.... updated plugin to v1.4

changelog:

v1.4 2015.12.14      > fix when canceling placing decor will open up menu

> fix incompatibility with EST - EVENT SIZE AND TRIGGER which not

erasing master event size

> add plugin parameter to set delay for decor movement (15 is recommended)

> NEW DECOR MOVEMENT which more fluid with mouse. but also support touch screen.

which also support placing item from common event (see demo - 'table' item is reworked)

but if you prefer old decor movement just set in the plugin parameter.

also UPDATED the demo... see the demo on how to nicely place event using common event that called by DMV Map Button plugin...

the key is having one more placeholder event which when placed automatically enter decor movement. and since we can specify

selfswitch will flip on or off... set it to flip selfswitch C to on when finish moving. also set it to flip selfswitch B to on when cancelling the movement.

then create another 2 page. one page have condition selfswitch B on. on that add refund item and remove the event.

the other page have condition selfswitch C on. on that page transform the event to our actual table event.

it's a bit confusing to put into text. sorry if i'm not explain it clearly... but you can see the demo for better understanding

hope this help. any feedback on new decor movement is really helpful. that new decor movement is designed after thinking for few weeks. :D .

Makeratore likes this.
  7. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Thank you so much! This is an awesome update! :D

And the new decor movement is working flawlessly as you can see in the gif below! :D (If you want, you can use these gifs for your topic to show how the plugin works)

[​IMG]

8. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    Thank you for nice gif (t) :D . I put that at first post.

Btw... how can you make that kind of gif's. It's look smooth enough like screen recording. May i know what program you use? :p .

9. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Sure! :D For the gifs, I use the free software called ScreenToGif. You can download it here: https://screentogif.codeplex.com/

And to upload the gifs, I use this website: http://imgur.com/

estriole likes this.
  10. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    thanks... :D . it's easy to use... i also create battle royale gif with that program. thank you for sharing,

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    Makeratore likes this.
  11. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    updated plugin to v1.5:

v1.5 2015.12.18      > NEW DECOR MOVEMENT now also check moved event SIZE...
                               so if the moved event size is placed in 'unplaceable' coordinate...
                               we won't be able to place the decoration.
                               to set size to moved event... add the comment tag in the parallel process
                               containing the decor movement command.
                               > add Region Limit to decor movement... now you can make Pokemon Center
                               only movable to region 100.
                               > when decoration/building cannot be placed... it will make it semi transparent.
                               so you have some visual help on where you can place your building.
                               i once want to color the decoration red... but chrome doesn't support it.
                               > ability to automatically flip Selfswitch C (enter decor movement)
                               so no need for placeholder event anymore.
                               > fix bug in decor move plugin command.

also this is plugins that updated with bugfix today... it's recommended to update them all if you're using it:

EST - Build And Decor Ex

EST - Clone Transform Delete Event

EST - Event Graphic Shift EVO

thanks for Mattchaby post that lead to finding all the bugs one by one... :D .

also note that now you don't have to create placeholder event for decor movement. you could set event like usual and CALL this BEFORE you call decor selection:

Plugin Command: DECOR_START_AUTO_MOVE Script Call   : $gameSystem._decorStartMove = true;it will AUTOMATICALLY flip selfswitch C (if you don't change the plugin parameter from default) to ON.

see the demo for more detail... i also update the demo... now all building and furniture is moveable event.

the static event is only the wall decoration.

also... table can only be placed at region 21 (indoor floor)

pokemon center only can be placed at region 100 (stoned pavement one map on the right of indoor [map010])

edit: although transparency can show us we can place the decor there or not...

i still need some other suggestion on how to inform player where they can place it...

since item selection didn't have help window... should i add help window to selection?

any other suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  12. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Nice update as always! ;)

13. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    thank you :D .

btw... when you update plugin... after copying plugin to the folder... make sure to open your plugin editor... double click on that plugin you just updated to see the plugin parameter (to update if there's new plugin parameter added by coder)... then press ok.

for example in this latest patch... i add new plugin parameter where you can set the opacity of the event if they cannot be placed...

but if you don't update the plugin parameter... it will have 0 opacity (because no value). i put window alert though... so people know something wrong. :D .

edit: yanfly just release gab window... i request some changes to yanfly so we can freely set the gab position... also...  i might use yanfly gabwindow for showing "Pokemon Center can only placed on Stone Area" if they didn't place it right. and that text we can place it in item notebox... maybe:

<decor_cannot_place_gab>

Pokemon Center can only placed on Stone Area

</decor_cannot_place_gab>

14. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Maybe it's better if you use a notification system plugin for that because Gab Window is mainly for dialogues (maybe you can even create a brand new plugin for notifications :D ), but Gab Window is ok I think.

15. DangDut

First Language:
    Indonesian
    @estriole 

Your new demo generated error for me http://puu.sh/m1slS/5716b9b86f.png

Run Demo > Go to [Map 004] "EST - Build And Decor" > Get Building or NPC Items from Chest EV002 or EV004 > Trying to place it on EV001, EV006 or EV009 > Get error.

Could you check?

Thanks.

16. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    Hmmm... i have encountered that kind of error. And i thought i have fix it... i will look for that issue... that happen in est - clone delete event plugin when event doesn't have event data. Thanks for bug report. I will try fixing it a.s.a.p.

DangDut likes this.
  17. DangDut

First Language:
    Indonesian
    EST_Clone_Transform_Delete_Event.js

+ this._eventData = this._eventData || $dataMap.events[eventId] || $dataMap.events[1];

- this._eventData = this._eventData || $dataMap.events[eventId] || $dataMap.events[$dataMap.events.length-1];

EST.Clone_Transform_Delete_Event.Game_Event_initialize = Game_Event.prototype.initialize;Game_Event.prototype.initialize = function(mapId, eventId) { if ($dataMap !== null) { this._eventData = this._eventData || $dataMap.events[eventId] || $dataMap.events[1]; //this._eventData = this._eventData || $dataMap.events[eventId] || $dataMap.events[$dataMap.events.length-1]; this._isNewEvent = false; EST.Clone_Transform_Delete_Event.Game_Event_initialize.call(this, mapId, eventId); }};How about that?

I believe I revert back to v1.7 2015.12.15

estriole likes this.
  18. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    no that will throw error if you don't have event 1...

(somehow if people create event 1, event 2, then delete event 1)

i fix the problem in v1.9... check it out...

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48073-est-clone-transform-delete-event/

tell me if it still throw error...

i already update the demo with new version.

edit: also... if anyone notice that when placing table outside the indoor map... it will become strange... it because the table is created using

tile event... so when tile changed... the event graphic also changed... that's why it's better if not using tile event as decoration... i'm too lazy though to create my table charset just for the demo :p .

DangDut likes this.
  19. DangDut

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Working well so far. Your description explain why the function work on another map but not on that map.

An Ideas:

- We are able to place it (Place Furniture / Place Building) at any place we want, can we grab/remove/delete it with the same feature but in reverse?

(locate the cursor position, check if an (decor) event exist, grab/remove/delete it)

Code:
    decor_grab furniture

20. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    hmmm nice idea... but somehow i think it can be done already by using extra event page... and using mouse system ex from galenmerth....

i haven't try it... but in theory...

create another page (before the movement and cancel page) with condition a SWITCH (let's call it EDIT MODE switch). in that page...

show choice:

-> move

flip selfswitch C (to enter the movement page)       

-> remove

flip selfswitch D (cancel page usually also removing the event and refund item)

or if you want just call delete decoration and refund item in this choice instead changing page.

then add notetags so it can activated by mouse click...

click_activate!also... event that didn't have those page won't be affected...  so we cannot move "TRANSFER" event... "DOOR" event, etc.

what we can move is only event that have those page.

you could also make it two switch instead one switch... one is DELETE MODE. one is MOVE MODE.

just create two page with those two switch... make sure the page is AFTER the actual event but BEFORE the movement and cancel page.

in DELETE MODE page... when event clicked. delete the event. (maybe some choice yes / no for confimation)

in MOVE MODE page... when event clicked. flip selfswitch C

bind the switch to turn on/off to DMV map button. (if on turn off. if off turn on)

btw it would be better to also activate switch to stop player and event movement switch when activate edit mode switch.

and maybe gather follower first too.

so... when click button for DELETE MODE

if delete mode switch on    move mode switch off (make sure only one mode can activated)    delete mode switch off    stop movement switch offif delete mode switch off    move mode switch off (make sure only one mode can activated)    delete mode switch on    stop movement switch offin button for MOVE mode

if move mode switch on    move mode switch off    delete mode switch off (make sure only one mode can activated)    stop movement switch offif delete mode switch off    move mode switch on    delete mode switch off (make sure only one mode can activated)    stop movement switch offi will add this 'tricks' to the demo later when i have time...

hope this help :D .