EST - Build And Decor EX

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by estriole, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Makeratore

Makeratore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Hey, I have a question: are you gonna port your other fantastic scripts from Ace to MV? It would be AWESOME to see, for example, SOV Video script, Script Control, Encrypter, Name input using keyboard, Dynamic Shop, etc. :D

2. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can see this being used in a sim game : D wait :o can you use animated sprites with this :o

or only objects :o

like drag them in and they go do their things o.o or no?

3. DangDut

DangDut Narratell Studios Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    It's an event that you are moving, practically you can do anything.

4. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hmmm is it possible to use your demo to make a sim game o.o if your able to drag and drop animated sprites onto the scene :o what about a built in game character generator for this ? would it work cause this is very interesting

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  5. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    some of them will be converted... the one that Won't be converted:

1) SOV Video Script... because someone already create video title and splash video plugin (same author)... i think he will create play video in event that can be skippable using enter. since his/her splash screen video already do that... someone only need to ask in his topic :D .

2) Script Control... now we use plugin editor... so no need to control script :p ...

3) Name input using keyboard - someone already made that... http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51087-quasi-input/?hl=keyboard

below still has probability to converted after i gain enough exp in JS.

1) Encrypter... i'm still new in JS... but maybe later... it will use different method though.

i still don't have plan yet what my next plugin... for this few days... i'm focusing on improving and bugfixing my plugin...

i will think for what my next plugin is... i will see my old script and see which one i capable of converting.

Like DangDut said... the limit is your creativity...

event can use charset... you can animate them...

hmmm... this plugin basically copying template... event...

i also have this plugin:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/52577-est-actor-event/

which someone said it support:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50259-visual-equipment/

so you can change the equipment of an actor to change the sprite... and link that actor to the event using actor event in template event.

it might not work... but it's a start...

Makeratore likes this.
  6. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Ok, perfect. ;)

7. luiscesjr

luiscesjr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Estriole, first of all what a nice script! Loved it while looking through your demo.

BUt as dumb as it may seem, I can't find a wya to implement it in my game, since the icon will not appear at all on top of

my screen! I have set up already the common event and changed all the parameters on the plugins in my game to look

exactly like the one in your demo, but it will simply not show up!

What am I missing? 0o

Edit: To be a bit less Vague, I added all EST plugins on the description, including the optionals, and 2 DMV ones, the TDDP one

and MV one. Did I miss any other necessary script?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  8. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    just in case... MV one = MV Common ? since DMV Map Button requires that to work.

hmmm... see the plugin parameter for DMV Map Menu Button

Button X Data is setting for the icon x y position and what icon used when clicked / not clicked (Hot / Cold button)

Button X Func is what happen when you click it...

$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(1)

is calling common event 1 when we click the button

change 1 to your common event id.

you can copy the Button 1 Data from my demo to make it look and placed exactly like the demo (also if you use default iconset)

hope this help

luiscesjr likes this.
  9. luiscesjr

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yup, it's the MV Common.

I set all that up, take a look at the screens.:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    But as you can see, it does not appear on screen. I copied it exactly like the demo. I also tried turning off my other

plugins aswell, could be compability? But no, it still did not work.

10. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    hmmm... that's strange... your setting is already correct...

another just in case... do you have DMV Core installed?

also... can you list the version of your:

1) MV Common

2) DMV Core

3) DMV MapMenuButton

(also the order of the plugin also have to be like above)

since i also see post in Dekita page about the icon not showing

another possibility... do you rename the name of Dekita DMV Map Button js files?

since it have to be exactly:

DMV_MapMenuButtons.js

(case sensitive) meaning that

(Dmv_MapMenuButton.js will not ok. DMV_Mapmenubutton.js is not ok. it have to be exactly like above text)

since Dekita use plugin parameter grabbing method which don't allow changing filename.

another possibility... do you use custom iconset? if yes... does it have icon index 242 and 220?

hope this help.

luiscesjr likes this.
  11. luiscesjr

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Oh it worked. The version is the same from your demo, got them form there.

Thing is, as you said, they should be in that order, and my MV Commons was the last of the 3... So that was the problem.

Now it appears, the thing now is when I select place furniture it does nothing. I will look what else needs to be done now.

I already made a template map, set 2 events and made items for those events, with the notetags you specified, also

gave them to the actor, but it did nothing. Maybe I missed something else.

Anyway!!! Thanks a lot for the help, sorry it was so stupid, but sometimes we can`t see things like this lol.

Cheers!

12. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    can you screenshot your item notetags...

also what is the id of your event in the template map? also what is the id of your template map?

it has to match between mapid and eventid in notetags.

also in notetags there's decor_type which should match with your decor_select plugin call.

in demo in common event i plugin call

decor_select furnitureand it will list all item which party has which tagged with

<decor_type: furniture>example notetags and explanation

<decor_map: 8> <decor_id: 12> <decor_type: Building>item with that notetags will listed if you plugin call:

decor_select Buildingand when choosing it... it will copy event from map 8 with event id 12.

hope this help :D .

luiscesjr likes this.
  13. luiscesjr

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I did all that, the thing is that I forgot to actually turn on the main plugin :stare: :headshake:

Another silly problem, I created a new option on the common event for wall decoration,

they do appear there, as I set their desc to wall and the call for the itens with wall desc.

But where exactly do I use those rules for the map ID they can be placed to?

This is the script call right?

this.decor_move(false, true, 22);I want to set it only for the 22 map ID. But where do I call this function? I created the wall dec event,

made the self switch C page, and everything goes fine except for this placement thing.

14. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    Ah... you're right... the decor move will also detect map passability. Thus the wall = not passable = cannot place decoration...

Tomorrow... I will see what i can do to solve this issue. Maybe some setting to ignore map passability and only check region id...

Edit: btw 22 is not map id... it's region id.

Maybe i will also add map id check in this version.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    DangDut and luiscesjr like this.
  15. luiscesjr

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Ok! Thanks for all the help. Just as a side note, without the

$gameSystem._decorStartMove = true; for the wall things, it will set wherever the player is facing, thus is sets "somewhat" on walls. (Stays in between the tiles more or less,

lamps will look better, paintings will make the player not be able to move, only removing it solves this)

Just for curiosity purposes =D

16. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    But please make it optional, because I like the map passability check and it's very useful!

estriole likes this.
  17. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    It will be optional... i have a plan for it.

it will be extra parameter you need to pass:

Ex:

Decor_move false true 22 true

Will ignore passability and able to place at region.

Also if the last true is not added... it will default to false.

That script call is for auto flipping selfswitch C to On for the new decor event... thus automatically go to movement page.

DangDut, luiscesjr and Makeratore like this.
  18. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Perfect! 

19. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    updated plugin to v1.6

changelog:

v1.6 2015.12.27      > Removed Plugin Parameter... now it always use neo movement...
                  also remove keyboard support since computer will have mouse and phone have touch screen.
                  change the behaviour... right click press (move event to mouse pos)...
                  right click release (place event in location)... so it should be more touch screen
                  friendly now.
                  > rework how the parameter for decor movement passed... old method still work
                  but there's new method that added...
                  > ability to set mapLimit for decor event. so you can only place it in certain map
                  > ability to ignore map passage... so now we can build shipyard at the shallow water
                  read 5.b in how to use... in help

now by default if we don't pass any parameter to decor_move

it will automatically set SelfSwitchEnd => false (turn OFF selfswitch C when decor finish movement)

it will automatically set CancelSelfSwitchEnd => true (turn ON selfswitch B when decor cancel movement)

also you could also use script call / plugin call BEFORE decor_move to modify decor movement behavior:

i decide to do that in case i need to pass another parameter to decor_move... and placing it inside

plugin call

decor_move param1 param2 param3 param4 param5 param6 .....

or script call

this.decor_move(param1, param2, param3, param4, param5, param6, ....)

is really ugly... and easy to forget what is the 4th param represent at... now using scriptcall/plugincall before decor_move

it will be look better and easier to track... and you can choose what you use instead forcing to fill it if using above approach.

but don't worry... old plugin call will not broken...

here's script call / plugin call you can call BEFORE calling decor_move:

5. THIS SCRIPT CALL / PLUGIN CALL can be called BEFORE decor_move plugin command to modify the decor move behaviour. it will override the setting you passed on decor_move: Plugin Call: DMSelfSwitchEnd false    > true / false DMCancelSelfSwitchEnd true    > true / false DMRegionLimit 22    > change 22 to region id you limit the event to be placed DMIgnoreMapPass true    > true / false      if true it will ignore map passage and allow you to place event on wall (unpassable terain)      now you can build a shipyard and place it at shallow water DMMapLimit [6,12]    > change [6,12] to array of map id you allow the event to be placed. Script Call: $gameTemp._DMSelfSwitchEnd = false;    > true / false $gameTemp._DMCancelSelfSwitchEnd = true;    > true / false $gameTemp._DMRegionLimit = 22;    > change 22 to region id you limit the event to be placed $gameTemp._DMIgnoreMapPass = true;    > true / false      if true it will ignore map passage and allow you to place event on wall (unpassable terain)      now you can build a shipyard and place it at shallow water $gameTemp._DMMapLimit = [6,12];    > change [6,12] to array of map id you allow the event to be placed.
    see the demo for detail... specifically the lamp event in template map... i left some comment to help people understand it better in that event page.

NEXT UPDATE PLAN (hopefully i can do it with my current JS lv): integration with MV Cam Control By Galv

so when moving decoration... camera will locked to the event... so we can place it anywhere on map...

currently we only able to place event in scope of player 'vision'

btw... i also updated EST - EVENT SIZE AND TRIGGER

changelog:

v1.4 2015.12.27           - fix compatibility patch for Galenmereth MouseSystem Ex to work with newest version

he update his mouse plugin and i need to adjust the compatibility patch too. :D . update my plugin if you using v1.8.2 of his mouse plugin or you will not be able to click_activate! your event.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    DangDut, Makeratore and luiscesjr like this.
  20. Makeratore

First Language:
    Italian
    Big update! :o

Oh, I can't wait! :D