EST - Build And Decor EX

DangDut

Narratell Studios
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
NEXT UPDATE PLAN (hopefully i can do it with my current JS lv): integration with MV Cam Control By Galv

so when moving decoration... camera will locked to the event... so we can place it anywhere on map...

currently we only able to place event in scope of player 'vision'
Nice, I always love your updates.

Another idea: An ability to show/hide or selectable/not-selectable (gray color) for any decor item(s).

show -> shown on item popup window

hide -> hidden on item popup window

or

selectable -> shown and able to be selected on item popup window

not-selectable -> shown but not able to be selected on item popup window, represented by gray color

Case:

I have 2 tableware item, Barbie Doll & Teddy Bear Doll. Everything are shown by default.

I have one (1) each of them, or any amount that I have not really matter in this case.

Problem:

For some reason I want to hide 'Teddy Bear Doll' from decor item popup window (any amount that I have will be hidden until I set to shown) or maybe shown but not selectable.

Then I can unhide anytime using plugin command such as on gaining specific level etc. 

Solution:

?

Thanks.

--

A heads up, since you are referring and also using other authors plugins I believe you should also enforce your plugin users to give them the credits.

Last edited by a moderator:

IL RASTA

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello

Plugin really helpful and great.

But I have a problem, I want to know how to move the window down where messages appear.

As seen in the screen I can not use it because there is where you place the hud ...

PLEASE HELP ME  :(   :(   ;_;   ;_;   ;_;

decor.png

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would there be possible to move objects even when not using mouse, for people who use gamepad/keyboard instead?

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey ive got a big problem ^^

At first really cool Plugin, everything works fine except of one

When i open the show decomenu via button and then select a item, it places it instantly when under the item(in the menu) free space is...

Any solutions ?

(Im using MouseSystemEx with Hovering mode if that matters)

When i click "Fass" it will instantly placed under the "Fass"-Selectbutton (see below). I know the Graphic is buggy but thats a fault of mine :)  And yes i use mouse ^^ Only the screenshotsaver didnt show the cursor

-Khayalan

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
so with that I could "technically" recreate a Dark Cloud mapping engine lol? 

if you are not familiar with dark cloud it's permit to create village in game. lol

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Suggestion: Make it so you can't place items into certain regions, to prevent them conflicting with potential npc's and such.

orcywoo6

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having a really weird issue with this plugin, I've created the item exactly as shown and given it to the player but when the build menu is opened, no items show up at all...

Any ideas? The same thing happens if I try to create a regular select item event...

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@orcywoo6 I noticed the same problem when I tried to add a regular item select and nothing would show up. I was able to get it working again by going to line 571 and changing the code to

Code:
return $.Window_EventItem_includes(item);

Matt Beer

The Friendly Dev That Could
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

When i open the show decomenu via button and then select a item, it places it instantly when under the item(in the menu) free space is...

Any solutions ?

When i click "Fass" it will instantly placed under the "Fass"-Selectbutton (see below). I know the Graphic is buggy but thats a fault of mine :)  And yes i use mouse ^^ Only the screenshotsaver didnt show the cursor

-Khayalan

I'm having this issue too.  Did you ever find a solution?

Doggyztyle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I've checked out your plugins and they seem great, but I can't get them to work.

I think it's probably to do with some change in MV's core, since the demo you provide doesn't work for me either.

Specifically, I am encountering two problems:

1. When I set events to be "below players", it's treated as "same as player". This is regardless to what I put into "Z-level".

2. For some reason the Y variable is inverted for me. - is up and + is down... Maybe I'm an idiot and this is intended but from what I can see in your help file, it shouldn't work like that.

I hope you still work on this plugin since it's such a brilliant addition to any game really!

Thanks for your hard work,

- Max

warhawk1992

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is cool. I think of it like in Pokemon ORAS for secret bases!

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I've checked out your plugins and they seem great, but I can't get them to work.

I think it's probably to do with some change in MV's core, since the demo you provide doesn't work for me either.

Specifically, I am encountering two problems:

1. When I set events to be "below players", it's treated as "same as player". This is regardless to what I put into "Z-level".

2. For some reason the Y variable is inverted for me. - is up and + is down... Maybe I'm an idiot and this is intended but from what I can see in your help file, it shouldn't work like that.

I hope you still work on this plugin since it's such a brilliant addition to any game really!

Thanks for your hard work,

- Max
To the second point. This is normal in MV. You have to think, if its a diagram. Its like this

Y

I

I

I

I

I

--------------------------------------------------------- X 

I

I

I

I -----> this is the screen. 

I

I

I

-Y

Its the same as you use moveroute and the jump. Than Y: -2 = the player jump 2 tiles down.

Rinober

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there,

I know the thread is quite old, but I was hoping that there might still be someone who can help out with this. I've been working with the EST Decor series for a week now (one of my favs! It's amazing what you can do with it) but I'm facing the exact two issues that were mentioned already, see below.

Has anyone got an idea how to solve this?
Thanks a lot!

Hello

Plugin really helpful and great.

But I have a problem, I want to know how to move the window down where messages appear.

As seen in the screen I can not use it because there is where you place the hud ...

PLEASE HELP ME :( :( ;_; ;_; ;_;

View attachment 28580

Any solutions ?

When i click "Fass" it will instantly placed under the "Fass"-Selectbutton (see below). I know the Graphic is buggy but thats a fault of mine :) And yes i use mouse ^^ Only the screenshotsaver didnt show the cursor

-Khayalan

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I found something, and since I am new in JS, so I'm not sure whether I'm correct or not.

Code:
$.Window_EventItem_includes = Window_EventItem.prototype.includes;
Window_EventItem.prototype.includes = function(item) {
    if($gameParty._decorType && item && $gameSystem.getDecorType(item)){
       return $gameParty._decorType.some(function(t){
           if(t.toUpperCase() == $gameSystem.getDecorType(item).toUpperCase()) {
               return true;
           }
        return false;
       });
    }
    return $.Window_EventItem_includes(this,item);
};
This function may miss something.

Code:
return $.Window_EventItem_includes(this,item);
I found this cause problem when I use the dafault select item.

So I add a word "call"

Code:
return $.Window_EventItem_includes.call(this,item);
And it looks like I solve the problem after testing.

Maybe you can check it.

Thank you.

KrisScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anybody experience the issue where after you tried to move the furniture and you just can't place it anywhere at all. i tried replicating the demo but to which the demo is working fine but not with my current project...hmm...

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anybody experience the issue where after you tried to move the furniture and you just can't place it anywhere at all. i tried replicating the demo but to which the demo is working fine but not with my current project...hmm...
Had the same issue, no idea why....

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has this plugin been abandoned? It had such great potential!

KrisScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm.. i have just check the script and found where is the exact problem with the issue of click and it immediately place the item on the spot. it was build that way by EST, the only issue is i roughly know what i need to do which is to change the button to have 2 functions where the first click would choose item and the 2nd click would place the item but .... my JS knowledge is still too weak and with over thousand lines inside the script. i just didnt know where to start, maybe i should try experimenting ?

sinchross

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Had the same issue, no idea why....

I believe that the base scripts of the demo project are from an old RPGMaker update. Try to copy your project to another folder, paste the scripts of the demo folder in it and try to execute the script, maybe it work and show that the script needs to be updated to the actual RPGMAKER Mv version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?
This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:
Lonepixel wrote on ??????'s profile.
You are Dekita? There is any chance to use your plugins to my commercial project, buying the licence, for example?
I was wondering why Amazon Pantry had been out of stock on just about everything lately. Seems like they're moving all their stock to Amazon Prime Now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mocmien