estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
updated plugin to v1.7

changelog:

v1.7 2015.12.15    > fix incompatibility with EST - EVENT SIZE AND TRIGGER which didn't remove size
                    when event deleted.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
updated plugin to v1.9

changelog

v1.9 2015.12.20    > fix error when somehow $dataMap.events have null value as last record...

i thought i have fix the issue of event didn't have eventdata... apparently... $dataMap.events sometime have null as last value...

but i fix it in this version... thanks for Dang Dut for reporting the bug.

GFresh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all the updates, loving the plugins so far. Everything seems to be wokring for me except for the item following the mouse X andY before being placed. I am sure it is something silly I am missing on my end, though the demo works fine on my system.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Thanks for all the updates, loving the plugins so far. Everything seems to be wokring for me except for the item following the mouse X andY before being placed. I am sure it is something silly I am missing on my end, though the demo works fine on my system.
thank you... the following is from EST - BUILD AND DECOR EX plugin

you can check the event in the demo... also see the common event that call decor selection by clicking the dmv map button.

first of all... every event have at least 3 page.

1) actual event page...

2) movement page.

3) refund page if movement canceled.

make movement page activated using selfswitch c (if you don't change plugin parameter). in that page add plugin command for decor movement.

make refund page activated using selfswitch b (if you don't change plugin parameter). in that page... delete the event and then give item to player.

then in common event... before calling decor selection plugin command...

do plugin command / script call:

Plugin Command: DECOR_START_AUTO_MOVE  Script Call   : $gameSystem._decorStartMove = true;it will AUTOMATICALLY flip selfswitch C

see the demo event for more detail :D . hope this help.

GFresh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I figured out my problem. I needed to set TDDP_MouseSystemEX parameter -highlight on hover- to true. Thanks again for the wonderful plugins and keep up the good work.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I figured out my problem. I needed to set TDDP_MouseSystemEX parameter -highlight on hover- to true. Thanks again for the wonderful plugins and keep up the good work.
glad it work out for you...

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found a possible(?) bug. When you put transform event script calls into a loop, it crashes the game.

The console shows this error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'isRunning' of null at Game_Interpreter.updateChild (rpg_objects.js:8815) at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8797) at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6080) at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5987) at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:417) at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409) at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398) at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641) at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchExceptionFrom executing this event:

Control Variables: #1 Event ID = 2Control Variables: #2 Loop Count = 2Loop If: Script: $gameSelfSwitches.value([1, $gameVariables.value(1), 'A']) == false Script: $gameMap.transform_event($gameVariables.value(1), 2, 5); End Control Variables: #1 Event ID +1 Control Variables: #2 Loop Count +1 If Loop Count = 5 Break Loop EndRepeat AboveThe strange thing is that the above event works fine if you execute it once. If you try to run it a second time, it crashes. If you add a wait command to the loop, it crashes the first time you run the event, after the first loop count.

I don't know if the problem lies in the script or the way the event was set up, but even after making it as simple as possible it still had this outcome.

I found a workaround, though-- the loops work fine if you write them in as a script command, like

for (i = 2; i < 100; i++) { var randomvalue = Math.floor(Math.random() * (100 - 1 + 1)) + 1; if ($gameMap.event(i)._eventData.note === "dirt"){ if (randomvalue < 50){ console.log("A rock appeared!"); $gameMap.transform_event(i,2,5); $gameMap.event(i)._eventData.note = "rock"; };};};Everything seems to work OK when I do that instead, for whatever reason. I can run it as many times as I want with zero errors.

Since there's a simple enough workaround I don't know if it's a major bug but I thought it would be worth a head's up

Last edited by a moderator:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I found a possible(?) bug. When you put transform event script calls into a loop, it crashes the game.

The console shows this error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'isRunning' of null at Game_Interpreter.updateChild (rpg_objects.js:8815) at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8797) at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6080) at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5987) at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:417) at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409) at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398) at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641) at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchExceptionFrom executing this event:

Control Variables: #1 Event ID = 2Control Variables: #2 Loop Count = 2Loop If: Script: $gameSelfSwitches.value([1, $gameVariables.value(1), 'A']) == false Script: $gameMap.transform_event($gameVariables.value(1), 2, 5); End Control Variables: #1 Event ID +1 Control Variables: #2 Loop Count +1 If Loop Count = 5 Break Loop EndRepeat AboveThe strange thing is that the above event works fine if you execute it once. If you try to run it a second time, it crashes. If you add a wait command to the loop, it crashes the first time you run the event, after the first loop count.

I don't know if the problem lies in the script or the way the event was set up, but even after making it as simple as possible it still had this outcome.

I found a workaround, though-- the loops work fine if you write them in as a script command, like

for (i = 2; i < 100; i++) { var randomvalue = Math.floor(Math.random() * (100 - 1 + 1)) + 1; if ($gameMap.event(i)._eventData.note === "dirt"){ if (randomvalue < 50){ console.log("A rock appeared!"); $gameMap.transform_event(i,2,5); $gameMap.event(i)._eventData.note = "rock"; };};};Everything seems to work OK when I do that instead, for whatever reason. I can run it as many times as I want with zero errors.

Since there's a simple enough workaround I don't know if it's a major bug but I thought it would be worth a head's up
hmmm this is interesting... i will try replicating it and see what happen... thanks for reporting this...

the error report didn't point on any lines in my plugin though... so this will be really hard to find out.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello :D
I have a small problem to activate a sensor self swich after i respawn an event on the map.

In your demo you are using the sensor self switch plugin from lyson. But if i use it to respawn the selfswitch will not be triggered.

I have a small demo for you (6mb), where i create the problem visually.

I hope you find a solution for this :)

https://mega.nz/#!e4ExFYQA!u-gSI2bUDAC9ApVVe-di1XW-yFj8CfFQ_l9FD0bVFXk

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hej @estriole, can you please make it to transfer comment box to copied/added events from template event?

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
is possible when i clone a event from another map, "paste" it in front of character?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189